Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503977) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503954) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503894) said:
@GNR4LIFE and @avocadoontoast if you guys have given up just go support another team or stop supporting the game all you guys post is negative stuff and while I don’t deny the club has made dumb decisions at times you guys never say anything positive this place is riddled with negativity and you two are definitely in the top 5 if you’ve given up which sounds like you have just stop posting to try and annoy everyone else sorry to the admins and mods who run this as it isn’t related to the forum it just had to be said

Hey Glenn ...you forgot to add me .....i think this club is an abortion and I won't be surprised if we are gone within 10 years .....

When are we going to sign a player ranked even in the Top 100 players of the NRL ......

You were the first person I thought of when I rad Glenjis post Happy

Thanks 5150 ...I think that is compliment lol

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503964) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503958) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503955) said:
The pre season training has just started.
Comp is 3 months away.
And Lemmings are already jumping off the cliff.
Good to see. Love to have you trying to talk up my organisation with potential investors and sponsors.
And for all that put the kick into our CEO, the Board and Chairman ….. ist it just amazing that such an incompetent group be able to attract so many sponsors, membership, could have the Club on sound financial footing and be able to negotiate multimillion COE training development.
Youp …. Just take a running jump and enjoy the fall.

Do you get extra competition points for attracting exciting new sponsors .....being on a sound financial footing .....having an amazing COE .....but having a team that would struggle to win the KOE ???

Too many have just accepted mediocrity

If we were signing the players we are in 2021-2022 for 2011/2012 people would be up in arms ......

No one on here is accepting mediocrity.
However any business strategist you may want to talk to should tell you that the road to improvement is a chicken and egg thing. You build improvement and success only if you have solid financial foundations first …. That’s a bloody chicken. The egg comes next.

Sheens needs to build a better chicken?

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503974) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503971) said:
You may have noticed …. feel like a good bloody fight today …. so keep them coming.
With Roy, Sloth and Dallas in my corner and Micky’s my cuts man.

Tommy has brought ex Ipswich boy Noel with him .....we are ready

You will lose .....

Whops!

![alt text](![3E032923-288A-4BF5-BAEA-273837436D85.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1636505747971-3e032923-288a-4bf5-baea-273837436d85.jpeg) image url)

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503979) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503964) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503958) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503955) said:
The pre season training has just started.
Comp is 3 months away.
And Lemmings are already jumping off the cliff.
Good to see. Love to have you trying to talk up my organisation with potential investors and sponsors.
And for all that put the kick into our CEO, the Board and Chairman ….. ist it just amazing that such an incompetent group be able to attract so many sponsors, membership, could have the Club on sound financial footing and be able to negotiate multimillion COE training development.
Youp …. Just take a running jump and enjoy the fall.

Do you get extra competition points for attracting exciting new sponsors .....being on a sound financial footing .....having an amazing COE .....but having a team that would struggle to win the KOE ???

Too many have just accepted mediocrity

If we were signing the players we are in 2021-2022 for 2011/2012 people would be up in arms ......

No one on here is accepting mediocrity.
However any business strategist you may want to talk to should tell you that the road to improvement is a chicken and egg thing. You build improvement and success only if you have solid financial foundations first …. That’s a bloody chicken. The egg comes next.

Sheens needs to build a better chicken?

Club needs to stop dropping eggs in the egg and spoon race known as the NRL premiership ......

At least they still have the spoon ....

@lukic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503968) said:
@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503953) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503881) said:
@lankanflyer10-98 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503870) said:
To me it is just another example of irresponsible reporting by news-limited-intelligence , their rhetoric regarding Bj before during and after his signing was awful to say the least, now they treat him like a holocaust survivor. The Agenda is clear, people love to "click" on negative WT articles on line, they rate exceedingly well, the NRL public love a WT "debacle story".

Woe is us. Win and it all goes away.

I disagree. The dogs won two games all season, and got the spoon. I don't see them get anywhere near the negative press that we do.

Because they had a coach in his first year, a young squad that wasn't meant to compete and have signed marquee players for next year.

Meanwhile we had a coach deliver us our third straight losing season, progressively getting worse each year. Our 3 most senior players were diabolical and didn't play like first graders (Mbye, Brooks, Tamou) and we've signed 2 players for next year.

The Dogs have shown a commitment to getting better, we've shown a commitment to doing nothing and getting worse in the process.

The only thing the dogs have shown is a capacity to throw massive overs at players just like they did for 2021.It did not work for 2021 why are you so certain it works for 2022?

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503883) said:
Dogs after Mahoney now.

I wonder if we're going to sign anyone ever again.

The dog's always seem to have room in their cap for any marque players on the market

@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503886) said:
I know this is been said before , but really how the hell do the dogs have any more cap space , even going on rounded down contracts I don’t see how they even signed all the players they have .

They outbid every other club for every player they want and get them

It's amazing how the cap works

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503988) said:
Dogs after Mahoney now.

The dog's always seem to have room in their cap for any marque players on the market

We do to ...just player managers laugh hysterically at us ..or try and use us to bump their $$$$$$$'s up ......

@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503986) said:
To me it is just another example of irresponsible reporting by news-limited-intelligence , their rhetoric regarding Bj before during and after his signing was awful to say the least, now they treat him like a holocaust survivor. The Agenda is clear, people love to "click" on negative WT articles on line, they rate exceedingly well, the NRL public love a WT "debacle story".

I disagree. The dogs won two games all season, and got the spoon. I don't see them get anywhere near the negative press that we do.

Because they had a coach in his first year, a young squad that wasn't meant to compete and have signed marquee players for next year.

Meanwhile we had a coach deliver us our third straight losing season, progressively getting worse each year. Our 3 most senior players were diabolical and didn't play like first graders (Mbye, Brooks, Tamou) and we've signed 2 players for next year.

The Dogs have shown a commitment to getting better, we've shown a commitment to doing nothing and getting worse in the process.

The only thing the dogs have shown is a capacity to throw massive overs at players just like they did for 2021.It did not work for 2021 why are you so certain it works for 2022?

We don't know that though. The dogs paying overs is just speculation on the forum.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503981) said:
Club needs to stop dropping eggs in the egg and spoon race known as the NRL premiership ......

Club has been attempting to squeeze out an egg for years.

Unfortunately it usually results in something else being produced.

@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503996) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503981) said:

Club has been attempting to squeeze out an egg for years.

Unfortunately it usually results in something else being produced.

Yep

Eggshells .....always come back to eggshells .....

We don't know that they've paid overs, and even if they have, I'd be happy to pay overs for great talents like Addo-Carr and Burton. Better than having a squad of budget players that's 2m under the cap and plodding along.

@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503956) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503940) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503936) said:
What genuinely stops us from getting it this year ?

Hastings.

This is sarcasm right

No. I reckon he gets the credit if we don't get the spoon.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503954) said:
Hey Glenn …you forgot to add me …i think this club is an abortion and I won’t be surprised if we are gone within 10 years …

Love the positivity Hap. Keep it coming mate.

The Dogs look to be on the up and you'd expect that to come with pushing the salary cap. I think that approach is a sure way to fix our team. If you don't get caught you can develop a pretty good team.

@kelce68 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503911) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503910) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503905) said:
@Jedi_Tiger i don’t deny the clubs made dumb decisions and I understand everyone’s got different views that’s fine but there’s a difference between expressing your view and just being outright negative but the way @GNR4LIFE and @avocadoontoast talk about us they talk like we will never play finals footy again which we all know that won’t happen we will play again its just those 2 are more outright negative than from what I’ve seen I’ve been reading the forum for a while before deciding to contribute and IMO those 2 are more negative than anyone else I’ve seen that’s all

I enjoy their comments Glen. Both offer views which are not universally popular but realistically reflect the situation in which WTs finds itself. We've had 3 years of disappointment so I can well understand posters wanting to express their views.

3 years? That's generous.

He’s just hung up our coach, that’s all.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503994) said:

We don't know that though. The dogs paying overs is just speculation on the forum.

It looks and sounds dodgy though. It also doesn't matter if they don't get caught. You think the Roosters haven't rorted the cap for years. The Storm haven't done it. We need some special sponsors on the side.

@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504012) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503994) said:

It looks and sounds dodgy though. It also doesn't matter if they don't get caught. You think the Roosters haven't rorted the cap for years. The Storm haven't done it. We need some special sponsors on the side.

I'm not sure Earl, they've signed some pretty good players. Whatever they're doing I wish we could do the same.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503991) said:
@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503988) said:
Dogs after Mahoney now.

We do to ...just player managers laugh hysterically at us ..or try and use us to bump their $$$$$$$'s up ......

Source?

Latest posts

Members online

Back