Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Did anyone watch Wighton play this year?
Better to keep Brooks.

Jack Wighton is a Centre who the Raiders are paying too much to play at Centre.
If there's anything to this - I guess they're seeing the error of their ways?

Something tells me that a club that doesn't have an NRL 7, Isn't gonna be looking to sell their NRL 6

@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507883) said:
Better to keep Brooks.

Something tells me that a club that doesn't have an NRL 7, Isn't gonna be looking to sell their NRL 6

Doesn’t Jack Wighton normally play 6 for them at Raiders? Yeah I know he played Centre in Origin for NSW but isn’t he normally a 6 for them?

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507881) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507875) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507874) said:
@tigerman-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507851) said:
6 Wighton
7 Hastings

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Wow …. We just make IT up and everyone bites.

Just repeating what my mate told me mate I wouldn’t post something like this for the sake of it

No its all good ….. you have every right to list it as a rumour.
Just for me it’s just funny that it creates a rush for the door stuff.

Just have to wait and see what happens mate nothing might happen yet just wanted to share what my mate told me

The two raiders players are well over rated , don’t want either , there is better options out there

@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507897) said:
The two raiders players are well over rated , don’t want either , there is better options out there

Such as?

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507827) said:
One of my mates was listening to SEN radio and apparently Jack Wighton was mentioned apparently Tigers are looking at him if true I think that would mean Luke Brooks and Jack Wighton swap

If they really wanted Brooks, they would have went for him instead of Fogarty. And normally teams don’t trade their origin players away.

Actually except us, we did that with Farah.

@tv-ted-ellery said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507713) said:
Although Matterson had a falling out with Madge, he played his best football at the tigers. Maybe he needs to be out of his comfort zone.

Maybe he needs to be unemployed!

@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507901) said:
And normally teams don’t trade their origin players away.

Jason Taylor, I hate that guy.....

@coastie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507865) said:
Maybe a double swap deal on the cards Hodgson and Whighton to us Brooks and Liddle to the raiders??

We've just had Sheens quoted in that article yesterday that Brooks will be staying.

Wighton is also one of Ricky's favourite players.

@adelaidetiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507900) said:
I'd love to have Jack Wighton at the tigers, love the way he plays.

When he's on. he is one of the very best Running 5/8ths

We already have Adam D, Jackson Hastings, Maddon coming through the there is Peachy and sort of Brooks also.

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507810) said:
@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507802) said:
stoked the dogs got Kikau, another high risk player that will struggle being out of an elite system that will most likely fail on big dollars. we managed to sign the best back rower on the market not named Angus Crichton.

We signed Cam Murray?

Tumeth may be our Cam Murray. Similar build and with a very good junior rep regime.

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507893) said:
@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507883) said:
Better to keep Brooks.

Doesn’t Jack Wighton normally play 6 for them at Raiders? Yeah I know he played Centre in Origin for NSW but isn’t he normally a 6 for them?

Yes he has exclusively played 5/8 for them for the last couple of seasons. Before that he was playing fullback for a few years (his hands hands were his biggest weakness) and started out as a centre. He'd still make a good centre.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507909) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507901) said:
And normally teams don’t trade their origin players away.

Jason Taylor, I hate that guy.....

Agreed.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507915) said:
@jimmy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507805) said:
Israel Ogden has a cup contract!!

Wasn't Hartigan be taken to the cleaners for not signing him up?

No that was for lowballing the good winger we had coming through. I think it was Jordan Hill.

@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507793) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507756) said:
@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507753) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507745) said:
@conepuncher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507743) said:
So we should hold on to someone who is not in our best 17 because they might come good elsewhere? That's ridiculous.

We need to examine the reason(s) why. Garner is a fine line breaking forward. Most times he receives the ball he makes half breaks and looks dangerous.

I feel like you have a different definition of "most" than most (my definition) other people...The high point of his game is running good lines off Brooks which he does from time to time. The low point is planting his feet in the defensive line and creating problems either side of him.

There is no issue with his attack. He is a great attacking forward, as is Leilua. The issue is the way they are being utilised.

Their performances are completely on them. There is no need to bring the game plan/coaching into the discussion.

Connor Watson would disagree. Hasn't he been a revelation since being brought from the interchange. Kikau also when Cleary shifted him to the bench.

@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507843) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507785) said:
![0071D470-DB9E-4904-A588-4DD059E119F6.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1637284614085-0071d470-db9e-4904-a588-4dd059e119f6.jpeg)

Well I’d be shall I say, a little annoyed if one of our players did this.

Luckily we signed Papali’i yesterday, otherwise the negative Nancy’s would have been out in force today.

Nice to have some positive news to lift spirits.

All these big name signings should make for a very unhappy dressing shed. Good! Also any very good young players in their system will be hard to accommodate with so many big contracts. Good also.

Dogs Signing Kikau for 800 or 850k is a laugh .... And top it off its for 4 years..

For that money I would expect him to be playing 80 mins a game and performing at a very high level and cannot see that happening at all... Yet these Media clowns think we over paid for Papaili at 600k and he is a far better player in my eyes..

I am surprised Gus has done this as they have a lot of high priced players locked up for 3 years now and none of them are in the 1,6,7,9 where you need it most.... I have a gut feeling they may release a Thompson or Cotric now to ease pressure.

Latest posts

Members online

Back