Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I know the Penrith players are tight but they aren't staying at Penrith if they can get $150k-$200k per season extra somewhere else - especially with Nathan on over a mill a season
The amount of posts the last few days dismissing players leaving Penrith does my head in. They’ve already lost Burton, Kikau, Koroisau, Capewell, Momirovski and probably others I can’t think of.

They may have a production line of juniors but they don’t have a sombrero.

I think it's funny, Nathan Cleary took the big dollars contract and Panthers are hoping the rest of the squad sign on for the bear minimum, some players are silly some players are smart, cash in while you can, mckinnon ( knights ) and simon o'dwyer fine example

Quite possible, and don't forget that 95% of the information floated in the media is done by the player managers, with a specific agenda.

E.g the article above that Liam Martin has knocked back Penrith's first offer. That is possibly less about wanting to field offers from other clubs, and more about publicly telling Penrith to improve their offer. Nikora did the same thing to the Sharks - public pressure is a proven strategy.
Cough cough. Anyone out there willing to be a third party deal and help us keep our team competitive

Crichton still a big chance. Talks with Madge Sat. Boys playing Sunday and I am surely expecting to hear news RE: Dykes signing outcome by Tuesday.
I’m excited for this to be true.
But I’m just not sure any player would be out negotiating a contract hours before their game. And a big game at that.
The teams flying up Saturday afternoon isn’t it?

How do you manage your cap when you have players with incentives in their contract? I don’t get that.

Alot of clubs deal with this today.
If teams make the finals, players play rep footy, awards etc. Different levels of incentives.
Often though the incentives are offset from the current active season and paid the following season (or after Nov) after which allows for cap management to kick in as clubs always have players off contract.

Laurie was Madge's only okay signing???

Under Madge we've signed (off the top of my head):
Laurie
Doueihi
Utoikamanu
Luciano
Blore
Maumalo
Peachey
Gildart
Musgrove
Tamou
BJ
Tuilagi
Kepaoa
Hastings
Koroisau
Papalii
Simpkin
Simpkins
JTJ
Ofahengaue
Harry Grant (loan)
Tom Amone
Billy Walters

Yeah there are 100% a few dud signings in there but you can't look at that list and tell me he's only made "one okay signing"

And just on the last bit, I'd be happy that no one knows what's going on, ESPECIALLY the media. Gone are the days where everything the club did was leaked almost immediately to the media. Not sure how you're managing to take that as a negative?
no expensive pensioners like pengai

He is real good. The thing is there are only so many players that have the athletic ability to be a top tier player. That is why that kid is worth good money.

He could bomb out as well.
Had a bet each way there. How much would you risk or would you pass? Too much of a gamble too early for me.

Alot of clubs deal with this today.
If teams make the finals, players play rep footy, awards etc. Different levels of incentives.
Often though the incentives are offset from the current active season and paid the following season (or after Nov) after which allows for cap management to kick in as clubs always have players off contract.
Guess that probably explains the exodus of players from the Panthers. Seems a really risky way to manage though but thanks for explaining

Latest posts

Staff online

Back