Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don’t get some on this forum , to think that u only need to sign one more backrower and we are all good , we are losing 3 and have just signed one , blore is not in the picture until he plays 10 games in a row , we need at least 2more backrowers , and don’t forget there is injuries and form lapses during the season , this is why we have not been in the finals because we lack depth
Keep in Mind that 1 of those leaving is Tuilagi, who is not really an NRL standard player based on performance this year, and it isn’t that desperate.

Even if we sign 1 decent second rower and 1 we bring up from lower grades we will still likely be better off. Of course 2 more quality 2nd rowers would be great though.

Keep in Mind that 1 of those leaving is Tuilagi, who is not really an NRL standard player based on performance this year, and it isn’t that desperate.

Even if we sign 1 decent second rower and 1 we bring up from lower grades we will still likely be better off. Of course 2 more quality 2nd rowers would be great though.
Kelma is a plodder
Garner go on son win a grand final
Luch is our only major loss. Blore will come good and we are gonna have heaps in our salary cap to go to the market

wE
Kelma is a plodder
Luch is our only major loss. Blore will come good and we are gonna have heaps in our salary cap to go to the market
We're not going to market properly.... We never have!!

If you need Bananas, But there's none in the stall....
You should be finding whoever has the best bananas at the best prices, And convince them to sell their bananas to us.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Kelma is a plodder
What’s the point of having heaps of cap , if there’s no one left to spend it on , or if we keep getting knocked back because we won’t pay $50,000 or so , overs .

What about going after David Fifita .. Titans are considering letting him go and paying half his salary .. !! Currently on 1.2M .. thoughts

I believe its not his fault that he is not playing to his potential .. they have him playing out wide, but they are not getting the ball to him at all .. !!
He's Def an x factor. All depends on which coach can unlock the guy

The Roar 42 minutes ago.

The Warriors are under scrutiny following Matt Lodge’s release from the club with revelations that the prop will be paid as much as $700,000 to not play for the team for the rest of this season and next.

Lodge was spotted playing rugby union for North Brisbane’s second grade team on Tuesday night with the side losing 27-14 to Bond.

He didn’t just play a small cameo either with Lodge reportedly on the field for almost an hour.

The 26-year-old doesn’t have a documented history in rugby union. An official code switch would be dramatic but not unprecedented. The fact he’s without a contract and played a club game seems rather curious considering the ramifications for his own future if he did get injured.

According to a Daily Telegraph report, he will pocket $700,000 from the Warriors after gaining his release last week irrespective of whether he ends up at another NRL club or elsewhere.

Warriors CEO Cameron George refused to comment on the payout due to the agreement being confidential between the player and club.

Panthers deputy chairman Greg Alexander on SEN Radio on Thursday morning could not believe the Warriors would dish out a small fortune to Lodge when he was only contracted for 2023 if he took up a player option in his deal. He had earlier rejected a three-year extension on the grounds that he did not want to relocate from their temporary base of Redcliffe to Auckland.

“We can’t get our head around why the Warriors have had to pay him out if he had a player option,” he said.

“They were prepared to sign him for another three years so it wasn’t as if they wanted to get rid of him. They wanted him for another three years and he said I’m not taking up that option, I’m not moving back to New Zealand, I’m out.”

wE

We're not going to market properly.... We never have!!

If you need Bananas, But there's none in the stall....
You should be finding whoever has the best bananas at the best prices, And convince them to sell their bananas to us.
What if you don’t like bananas?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
The Roar 42 minutes ago.

The Warriors are under scrutiny following Matt Lodge’s release from the club with revelations that the prop will be paid as much as $700,000 to not play for the team for the rest of this season and next.

Lodge was spotted playing rugby union for North Brisbane’s second grade team on Tuesday night with the side losing 27-14 to Bond.

He didn’t just play a small cameo either with Lodge reportedly on the field for almost an hour.

The 26-year-old doesn’t have a documented history in rugby union. An official code switch would be dramatic but not unprecedented. The fact he’s without a contract and played a club game seems rather curious considering the ramifications for his own future if he did get injured.

According to a Daily Telegraph report, he will pocket $700,000 from the Warriors after gaining his release last week irrespective of whether he ends up at another NRL club or elsewhere.

Warriors CEO Cameron George refused to comment on the payout due to the agreement being confidential between the player and club.

Panthers deputy chairman Greg Alexander on SEN Radio on Thursday morning could not believe the Warriors would dish out a small fortune to Lodge when he was only contracted for 2023 if he took up a player option in his deal. He had earlier rejected a three-year extension on the grounds that he did not want to relocate from their temporary base of Redcliffe to Auckland.

“We can’t get our head around why the Warriors have had to pay him out if he had a player option,” he said.

“They were prepared to sign him for another three years so it wasn’t as if they wanted to get rid of him. They wanted him for another three years and he said I’m not taking up that option, I’m not moving back to New Zealand, I’m out.”
This is strange as the Warriors have to wear his $700K in the cap next year, and that’s going to have a huge impact on their squad.
There must be something fishy going on.

Given the players WT are losing after this season you would think Management would be keen to make announcements on replacement signings.

Given lack of new signings besides the two quality players coming to WT in 2023 all I can put it down to is the uncertain about Maguire as coach going forward? This needs to be sorted out as we need to lure some more big player signings.

I wonder if there are any statics available of how many juniors ever make it to NRL and play at least 50 games. The step up from Junior levels and being a star to the grind of week to week NRL appears to be a massive jump.

This is strange as the Warriors have to wear his $700K in the cap next year, and that’s going to have a huge impact on their squad.
There must be something fishy going on.
This low life should never been allowed to play NRL again after the horror he put those people through. But then again the NRL only has morals and integrity when it suits them.
Now he gets a motza to live it up, he must be laughing himself silly at the NRL and those people he terrified.
Please never again at our club I would rather the spoon.

Given the players WT are losing after this season you would think Management would be keen to make announcements on replacement signings.

Given lack of new signings besides the two quality players coming to WT in 2023 all I can put it down to is the uncertain about Maguire as coach going forward? This needs to be sorted out as we need to lure some more big player signings.

I wonder if there are any statics available of how many juniors ever make it to NRL and play at least 50 games. The step up from Junior levels and being a star to the grind of week to week NRL appears to be a massive jump.
Well you’d assume they’re all RL juniors of some description, however, I’d say at our club particularly within the past 5 years we’ve had a massive reduction on youth signings and especially any that played 50 games or more. With us.

It’d be far less than ten percent now.

This low life should never been allowed to play NRL again after the horror he put those people through. But then again the NRL only has morals and integrity when it suits them.
Now he gets a motza to live it up, he must be laughing himself silly at the NRL and those people he terrified.
Please never again at our club I would rather the spoon.
I would sign him in a heart beat, a mongrel who makes great yardage. He doesn't need to be a moral champion as long as he delivers for us.

Back