Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We need another one. Currently, there is not one player at the club who has his name pencilled in as a starting back rower in 2023. Think about that. Don’t say Blore. The good thing is the club at least recognises this and is actively looking for someone to partner Pap. We’ll hit on somebody as long as we keep looking.
The disappointing thing is that Papali'i and Garner would have been a great starting backrower and at a fairly low cost too.

We need another one. Currently, there is not one player at the club who has his name pencilled in as a starting back rower in 2023. Think about that. Don’t say Blore. The good thing is the club at least recognises this and is actively looking for someone to partner Pap. We’ll hit on somebody as long as we keep looking.
Blore.

I don’t disagree we need another one but if he was fit he starts this year ahead of Garner and Tuilagi. He’s had 2 big injuries since joining us, he just needs a bit of luck. We need depth, don’t need another 700k back rower.

There’s not as much as you think. Hastings will have to be increased likely this year as he is free to negotiate November 1. He’s reportedly on $350k which will chew up at least another 300k. Part of the reason we are no chance of keeping Madden as depth.
Mbye money.

Blore.

I don’t disagree we need another one but if he was fit he starts this year ahead of Garner and Tuilagi. He’s had 2 big injuries since joining us, he just needs a bit of luck. We need depth, don’t need another 700k back rower.

Blore has done absolutely nothing on field to suggest he's a shadow of the player he's intended to be here...
"Killing it pre-season" counts for 2/5ths of SFA unfortunately...

Does the question need to be asked then...
We don't have anywhere near the quality of players the top clubs have yet we don't have much money to burn and have a younger roster on lower wages.. We have offloaded the overpaid players from the past so we must be overpaying internal players but not prepared to pay overs for external players.. Blows my mind
We all know where 11% of next years cap is going though. Bloke who used to try and play halfback. That's why there's not that much left over

Mbye money.
Did your iphone calculate that for you?

We have another High End Hooker on the books next year...
Where's that money coming from?
There's players getting upgrades next year - Laurie being one of them....

I don't get this theory that if you stop paying someone at some point that there's automatically 'x' amount of dollars to spend elsewhere...
The cap is fluid - Very few contracted players are on the same amount of money every year for the length of the contract....
And here's the tip - The amount very rarely goes down.

You are ill informed. Tuilagi was playing reserve grade when Blore was fit.

Out of what you've said here - Nothing makes me ill informed...
If you wish to argue the point, Maybe point out something (Apart from his Couple hits on Brown)
that he's done to convince everyone he's an 80 minute quality back rower..
- I'll wait....

Furthermore, There's no evidence he wouldn't have lost his spot to Kelma at some point - Even then, Kelma has certainly dropped off.

Missing out on Crichton, Aiken etc.. only to sign Payne Haas would be total Sheenius. 😉
Bring out the Sheenius in all of us

We should pick a Leichhardt over game and get a dark Orange/Gold T Shirt made and in Black bold writing

....It's just bloody Sheenius ....

And on the back his Face

If you wish to argue the point, Maybe point out something (Apart from his Couple hits on Brown)
- I'll wait....

Furthermore, There's no evidence he wouldn't have lost his spot to Kelma at some point - Even then, Kelma has certainly dropped off.
I'll give it a go.

Firstly Blore was ahead of Tuilagi last year and all pre season leading up to his injury. And rightly so. Kelma is a terrible backrower.

Last year after hardly any football, Blore was punching out 80 minutes on the edge comfortably. His defence was better then any backrower we have had for years. His attack was a little off running lines, but that was improving.

If you can't see how our left side was locked down when Blore was there you weren't watching closely enough. Or maybe you just notice big hits and big runs, I'm not sure.

Paps and Blore backrow is exciting if Shawn can get a decent run at it.

- I'll wait....

Blore missed 4 tackles in 13 games last year.

I'll give it a go.

Firstly Blore was ahead of Tuilagi last year and all pre season leading up to his injury. And rightly so. Kelma is a terrible backrower.

Last year after hardly any football, Blore was punching out 80 minutes on the edge comfortably. His defence was better then any backrower we have had for years. His attack was a little off running lines, but that was improving.

If you can't see how our left side was locked down when Blore was there you weren't watching closely enough. Or maybe you just notice big hits and big runs, I'm not sure.

Paps and Blore backrow is exciting if Shawn can get a decent run at it.

I have hope for him, But I've also seen plenty to suggest he's got plenty in front of him...
Switching off and not getting to the play the ball for Joffas big run last year when he was the only player within cooey is one of many times where his efforts and game awareness let him down.

Mmm everyone saying Sheens must have someone lined up to play second row. I don’t think so.

He is not willing to pay more than he thinks they are worth. Luciano going because we wouldn’t match Cowboys. Tuilagi and now Garner going probably for same reasoning.

We didn’t get the Cronulla guy and now looks like Crichton not coming. Some said he was talking to Hipgrove but he’s going to Eels. Aitken going to Dolphins.

I think Sheens has a plan, only it’s not working.

- I'll wait....

there’s no evidence he “would” have lost his spot to Kelma, it’s a hypothetical notion to say he may be playing origin in a few weeks......ya just don’t know do ya?
So until he plays a full season which is a shame because I think he’d shut a few people up, I guess it’s just blind judgement until then.

Back