Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

agree don't rush in to Laurie just yet
S Crichton or Burton can take that spot for sure

I'd have no hassles going large on Manu to play there....
But he's 1-2 years too old for me when he finishes his current deal.

- Then again, Maybe the Roosters would consider moving him on to keep Suali.

I look at Edwards for the Panthers. He has been close to their best player this year. A few years back his form was all over the shop. My point,very few players burst onto the scene and dominate and stay at that level. Most players take a few years to become the real deal, so I am willing to give Laurie some time

I don't hold that against any more or less than any of the other things I don't think he's up to scratch on.
There's plenty of teams with Fullbacks coming through, Plenty of teams with 2 already - we'd be mad not to explore our options and hang our hat on Laurie

Sloane isn't getting a gig at Dragons, Brimson and Campbell won't both play 1 at Titans
(Just a couple examples)
I'm yet to be convinced Sloane is any better than Laurie.

I think Campbell will get the gig at Titans so maybe Brimson might be available but he's going to be a lot more expensive that Laurie to bring down to Sydney and I'm not sure he has as much upside as Laurie.

If we find a better option than Daine I'm all for it, but there a probably about 11 fullbacks in the NRL ahead of him that have a first grade spot and would be unlikely to move.

Reactions: Hmm
I'm yet to be convinced Sloane is any better than Laurie.

I think Campbell will get the gig at Titans so maybe Brimson might be available but he's going to be a lot more expensive that Laurie to bring down to Sydney and I'm not sure he has as much upside as Laurie.

If we find a better option than Daine I'm all for it, but there a probably about 11 fullbacks in the NRL ahead of him that have a first grade spot and would be unlikely to move.

There's more than 11 mate,
Heaps more!!

There's minimum 3 at Melbourne,
Minimum 2 at Roosters...
Minimum 2 at Penrith

- You get the drift...

I look at Edwards for the Panthers. He has been close to their best player this year. A few years back his form was all over the shop. My point,very few players burst onto the scene and dominate and stay at that level. Most players take a few years to become the real deal, so I am willing to give Laurie some time
Yep he was all over the place .pretty sure panthers tried to offload him

I don't hold that against any more or less than any of the other things I don't think he's up to scratch on.
There's plenty of teams with Fullbacks coming through, Plenty of teams with 2 already - we'd be mad not to explore our options and hang our hat on Laurie

Sloane isn't getting a gig at Dragons, Brimson and Campbell won't both play 1 at Titans
(Just a couple examples)
Sorry if you think Sloane or Campbell are a fullbacks butt crack you need to study all the aspects that make a good fullback. (Tip -Study Garry Jack) Just cause you can run a hole doesnt qualify anyone as a fullback. Laurie needs some work but he is learning fast & his ball playing skills are far ahead of those two mentioned.

Sorry if you think Sloane or Campbell are a fullbacks butt crack you need to study all the aspects that make a good fullback. (Tip -Study Garry Jack) Just cause you can run a hole doesnt qualify anyone as a fullback. Laurie needs some work but he is learning fast & his ball playing skills are far ahead of those two mentioned.
I'm out on Sloan, He has a way to go - But he's already doing things Laurie cant.
I'd invest our future in Campbell over Laurie...

And I do watch their games.... I watch all the games.

Why do people go on about signing good players and then playing them in another position to come here? Farnworth to FB? The guy is a centre and has been a gun there. Why would you play him out of position? Laurie to 5/8? The guy is a fullback.

Knitwits

Our next month we have very winnable games plus the bye. Instead of doing a second ‘saving face’ review in less than a year how about our power brokers show they have some power and go out and attract a decent 30th squad member who could actually make a difference. Surely there’s a disgruntled league or union player out there that could add to our ability to win. Put a winning streak together and ignite the fan base and the season. Easier to just hang up a scapegoat I guess 😡

Herbie Farnworth also wants to play FB - Won't happen while Cobbo is there...
There's options.

We certainly won't get any of them if we pay 450-500 for Laurie long term!!
Farnworth is a centre. If he was a great fullback Te Maire Martin would not be keeping him out of there.

I’m sure they’d jump at the chance to drop Gamble and move Martin to 6 if they had a fullback.

I want to analyse the basics
Fullback - good under high ball, fast, can make line break ,try assist
Good hands LAURIE ticks the boxes
Wingers- good under high ball , good hands , good finishers, big meters hitups
don't go into touch ,can tackle NOFOALOMA & MAUMALO tick the boxes
Centers -good hands , fast ,line breaks , support line breaks can tackle
NADEN,ROBERTS, DOUEHI tick the boxes
Halves 6/7 .above all instinctive playmakers ,good kicking game, fast, error free
Organiser HASTINGS ticks the boxes,im personally not sure BROOKS does
Q -is he instinctive ,eyes up footy ?, Q- is his kicking game good?MADDEN maybe?
Dummy half -must be great tackler, must be quick to play the ball , good passing game , well timed dummy half runs
SIMPKIN -I Feel trys hard but a bit small gets pummelled by opposing forwards, LIDDLE -a little more robust but suspect passing game
NU BROWN . too early to tell but signs good might be great dummy half or utility
Forwards -must be tough ,fit ,great tacklers and above all bend opposition line
back ,not get bent back ourselves .I'm not sure we have many that do that
Thinking of next year we have papalii, api ,steph ( if fit) ,twal, musgrove,blore
I FEEL THIS IS WHERE WE NEED 2 or3 additional top class recruits !!!
brooks to dummy bring in klemmer

Farnworth is a centre. If he was a great fullback Te Maire Martin would not be keeping him out of there.

I’m sure they’d jump at the chance to drop Gamble and move Martin to 6 if they had a fullback.
Remember the pre season...

"Katoni will partner Reynolds in the halves"

😂

Back