Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Never know....

I doubt he's after money and premierships any more after so much success at the roosters.

Maybe he'd like to challenge himself and take the debut club to success... what a story that would be.

Former junior gun returns to where it all started to turn the club around and take them to their first premiership since 2005 and due to being incredibly wealthy from his career at the roosters has opted to play for minimum wage to ensure the roster is as optimal as it can be.

Never know....

I doubt he's after money and premierships any more after so much success at the roosters.

Maybe he'd like to challenge himself and take the debut club to success... what a story that would be.

Former junior gun returns to where it all started to turn the club around and take them to their first premiership since 2005 and due to being incredibly wealthy from his career at the roosters has opted to play for minimum wage to ensure the roster is as optimal as it can be.
Would like to think guys like him would continue to challenge themselves but being from a family with development background (if that’s correct??) they never stop thinking about $$

Watching the game tonight. Jordan McLean is coming off contract I believe this year, if you could get him on Tamou's wage range he could be a handy experienced replacement for Tamou. He's playing decent footy currently
I think the plan is that hopefully Stefano fully recovers and he will take the 8 jersey

I'm not sold on Laurie. He has been poor this season. His best game was last week.

I agree in relation to your point on the development of players. Not every player comes in and kills it from a young age.
I think the problem with Laurie is I see him as a Matty Bowen type of player. The problem is we have two players in Gildart and Laurie who we can't carry both. I am talking Defense! They are both ideal NR14.

I want Laurie to stay a Tiger, he cannot stay at NR1 long term. He can attack and bring some flair to our team but he will be caught out in the high ball and other areas of the game.

Guy has heart. Laurie ain't our Nr1. Nothing like Tedesco and I have no idea why people make the comparison. Tedesco got Nr1. Laurie is a different kind of player

I think the problem with Laurie is I see him as a Matty Bowen type of player. The problem is we have two players in Gildart and Laurie who we can't carry both. I am talking Defense! They are both ideal NR14.

I want Laurie to stay a Tiger, he cannot stay at NR1 long term. He can attack and bring some flair to our team but he will be caught out in the high ball and other areas of the game.

Guy has heart. Laurie ain't our Nr1. Nothing like Tedesco and I have no idea why people make the comparison. Tedesco got Nr1. Laurie is a different kind of player

Hopefully Gildart returns back to the UK,i don't believe he will make it in the NRL

In recent years English backs have really struggled in the NRL. I believe Farnsworth has been in the Broncos system for a while so he should not be included.

Maybe when WT are out of contention give Gildart a couple more NRL games on the proviso he leaves at season's end for Super League. Win/Win

Can we get the coaching saga over already as no player wants to come to WT without knowing the coaching situation.

Dolphins have really narrowed the player talent available. Why do we need a 17th team I still have not worked this one out.

Dolphins have really narrowed the player talent available. Why do we need a 17th team I still have not worked this one out.
We don’t.
It adds another momentum busting bye to the calendar and further dilutes the playing talent. Now instead of 3 or 4 useless sides, there will be 5 or 6 of them.

There's really people in this world that think we told the NSW Blues captain to "Get Stuffed"?
Really?
It’s laughable. It’s also inconceivable that he would consider coming to this basket case.

In recent years English backs have really struggled in the NRL. I believe Farnsworth has been in the Broncos system for a while so he should not be included.

Maybe when WT are out of contention give Gildart a couple more NRL games on the proviso he leaves at season's end for Super League. Win/Win

Can we get the coaching saga over already as no player wants to come to WT without knowing the coaching situation.

There wasn’t enough elite talent as it was and it gravitates to the stronger sides. The salary cap in its current form is hindering dilution of talent because you have to spend it (95%?) every year so the best players in lower sides still get close to a mil even though they are not top 8 elite.

Honestly hope we have picked up the phone to Burton's manager. While we're at it, we need to be speaking to Angus Crichton's.

We need a couple of pigs too. I'd be putting feelers out to Jordan McLean. Averages 115m a game in about 45 mins and is reasonable in defence.

I'm against extending Tamou in principle because he dogged it all last year.

Members online

Back