Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That suggests Brooks is very much in their plans.
In Sheen's interview he stuck up for Brooks and said it's not his fault his contract was back ended. He also said there were a few players that are not happy with current playing structure / system and a change of game play would suit him so with that I assume he is staying.. For me he needs to go but I think we need to get use to the idea of him been here unfortunately..

In Sheen's interview he stuck up for Brooks and said it's not his fault his contract was back ended. He also said there were a few players that are not happy with current playing structure / system and a change of game play would suit him so with that I assume he is staying.. For me he needs to go but I think we need to get use to the idea of him been here unfortunately..
For the life of me, I can’t understand it.
It’s actually not fair on brooks himself. Unfortunately he isn’t first grade material. Also it’s like no body can see that he doesn’t have a kicking game. He doesn’t have the feel for the moment.
If he is to succeed it’s away from here.
The pressure has affected him for years and he won’t get it anywhere else as it’s a fresh start.
The Tigers also need a fresh start.
If brooks is in the team next year. There will be plenty of tigers fans that won’t watch our games anymore. If we don’t change……the club will get kicked out of the NRL eventually.

Wouldn't say it's a lock

It’s actually not fair on brooks himself. Unfortunately he isn’t first grade material. Also it’s like no body can see that he doesn’t have a kicking game. He doesn’t have the feel for the moment.
The pressure has affected him for years and he won’t get it anywhere else as it’s a fresh start.
If brooks is in the team next year. There will be plenty of tigers fans that won’t watch our games anymore. If we don’t change……the club will get kicked out of the NRL eventually.

Kinda stuck with him atm

No one will walk away. They’ll turn up regardless of whose in the side.

1) Kade Dykes is not on the clubs radar….
2) Club recognises the need for speed in our backline….Charlie Stains’s manager offering him to the club, but they want too much money. Club not willing to pay asking price.
3) Club is expecting IP to honor his contract, Parra is behind the media circus questioning whether he is coming or not.
4) Junior Tupou is highly regarded by the club…but he is quiet as a mouse, which is why they are playing him at FB in KOE cup to get him used to talking and organising the backline.
5) Blore could end up being a middle forward next year to suit our “attacking style” which the coaches want to bring back.
6) club wants Douehi to develop to be another Jack Wighton #6
7) Joe O….still in negotiations, club want him to sign on for next yearmoney could be an issue.
Joe O is not worth more than 500 max

🤣 I don’t know what to say to you. I said the same thing…..5 years ago.
I am 76 years old now, my worry is will i live long enough to finally see the back of brooksy, the first year he came into first grade, i was so optimistic about this wizkid, a year later he's still here And im still here, and it looks like he will win, cause i may just give up.

Surely he is toast, he is bloody teflon on selection night
I got the impression the club is holding making their "Brooks long term verdict" until after the season...The plan is he stays in the #7 for the remainder of the season. There are some in the club sh*t scared he goes elsewhere and shines big time...And its not true he is on $1.3m next year...not even $1m.

I got the impression the club is holding making their "Brooks long term verdict" until after the season...The plan is he stays in the #7 for the remainder of the season. There are some in the club sh*t scared he goes elsewhere and shines big time...And its not true he is on $1.3m next year...not even $1m.

Obviously he'll play better if he can get in a good team.

What I will say is looking at our top 30 squad we currently only have 28 plus Blore, Twal, Stefano, Nofoaluma, Roberta, Talau, Naden, Gildart all unavailable today so we effectivly choosing from only 20 players today. Panthers I do believe have anyone out injured so we’re choosing from 23. We need to pick up 2 forwards asap to add to our talent and depth and we should have plenty of cap room left.

Joe O had already taken up his player option..?

And on current form you certainly wouldn't be offering any of Laurie, Brooks, Or Hastings a new contract. All three have been playing poorly this season, none deserve an upgrade

It would be an indictment on the club if he did. Not surprised they have cold feet.
An indictment? Hardly.

He has been in first grade for 9 years. The club has tried everything and simply not been able to make him become the player everyone hoped. By a mile.

I think any reasonable person would think the club well and truly gave him enough time and chances.

Furthermore, he is the highest paid player. He is taking up too much cap space and is frankly a liability.

It's not about whether he does well or not at another club in some need to feel vindicated; it's about the fact that at this one it just didn't work out.

Back