Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I got the impression the club is holding making their "Brooks long term verdict" until after the season...The plan is he stays in the #7 for the remainder of the season. There are some in the club sh*t scared he goes elsewhere and shines big time...And its not true he is on $1.3m next year...not even $1m.
Whether he shines elsewhere or not shouldn't be the clubs concern. Let the telegraph or whoever add it to their list of Top 200 players the Tigers let go. Not important.

The only question to ask should be:
Is he the half that can bring the Tigers back into the finals and to win a comp? In my opinion, No. However, hearing Sheens comments, he might think yes.

Big decisions ahead.

Whether he shines elsewhere or not shouldn't be the clubs concern. Let the telegraph or whoever add it to their list of Top 200 players the Tigers let go. Not important.

The only question to ask should be:
Is he the half that can bring the Tigers back into the finals and to win a comp? In my opinion, No. However, hearing Sheens comments, he might think yes.

Big decisions ahead.

What an outstanding post.

For the life of me, I can’t understand it.
It’s actually not fair on brooks himself. Unfortunately he isn’t first grade material. Also it’s like no body can see that he doesn’t have a kicking game. He doesn’t have the feel for the moment.
If he is to succeed it’s away from here.
The pressure has affected him for years and he won’t get it anywhere else as it’s a fresh start.
The Tigers also need a fresh start.
If brooks is in the team next year. There will be plenty of tigers fans that won’t watch our games anymore. If we don’t change……the club will get kicked out of the NRL eventually.
Why would the NRL kick us out. They didn't kick out Newcastle or Canterbury with their multiple spoons. Neither of those sides has shown much improvement since.

1) Kade Dykes is not on the clubs radar….
2) Club recognises the need for speed in our backline….Charlie Stains’s manager offering him to the club, but they want too much money. Club not willing to pay asking price.
3) Club is expecting IP to honor his contract, Parra is behind the media circus questioning whether he is coming or not.
4) Junior Tupou is highly regarded by the club…but he is quiet as a mouse, which is why they are playing him at FB in KOE cup to get him used to talking and organising the backline.
5) Blore could end up being a middle forward next year to suit our “attacking style” which the coaches want to bring back.
6) club wants Douehi to develop to be another Jack Wighton #6
7) Joe O….still in negotiations, club want him to sign on for next yearmoney could be an issue.
I thought Joe has already taken an option he had for next year??

Hopefully someone might be able to post the article. Interesting to see whether we see him as a centre or backrower if true. Would need a speedy winger outside of him if he was in the centres. Kenny and him would be the slowest combo, and him and Nof wouldn't be too much better.
That's all there is in the article about Talakai and WT

I'm told Ilias and Marshall are extremely tight. Not suggesting anything is in the works, but a Souths mate is adamant Ilias will be at the Tigers. He is just a punter with no inside info. Ilias would be crazy to come here and his manager Braith would advise against it.

I'm told Ilias and Marshall are extremely tight. Not suggesting anything is in the works, but a Souths mate is adamant Ilias will be at the Tigers. He is just a punter with no inside info. Ilias would be crazy to come here and his manager Braith would advise against it.
Don't excite us... 😂

So Brookes to the Bunnies and Ilias to us :) I wish.

I believe we should have a massive shot at Suliasi! Offer him fullback money now to move from KFC to us. He has a massive ego and playing on the wing doesn’t suit that. He has already stated he wants to play fullback and waiting for turdesco to leave or die, would be doin his head in. He has all the attributes of a great fullback.
Sneak in there now stroke his ego and steal him while we can, Timmy make him an offer he can’t refuse…
I know Joseph and his family fairly well. He doesn’t have an ego problem. I have found over the years that people who say negative things about Joey are people who he has carved up. Trust me, his Dad would knock that crap out of him if he showed any of that. He didn’t write all the headlines he got. But i do agree would love him here. He is a serious weapon.

Back