Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Was Jackson injured on the same leg, and did surgery possibly do a double fix with his existing injury.

Reactions: TSP
NRL really is turning into a piece of crap sport. There's no heart or soul left in the game, it's just a corrupt business that relies on long term fans for support. I'm really starting to lose interest in the game and don't look forward to the weekends games anymore.
Totally agree with you on this and I think more and more regular footy die hard fans will turn away from the game in years to come. This year seems even worse for overall refereeing decisions including the bunker, the game looks more biased and there is too much money in the game including betting which no doubt plays a role with results. Bring back the good old days of simple rugby league with the biff I say.

Totally agree with you on this and I think more and more regular footy die hard fans will turn away from the game in years to come. This year seems even worse for overall refereeing decisions including the bunker, the game looks more biased and there is too much money in the game including betting which no doubt plays a role with results. Bring back the good old days of simple rugby league with the biff I say.

As a long time NRL/RL support I 100% agree with your comments.

Gambling appears to have made it's mark on our once great game.

Also will add there is not enough quality to spread to 16 clubs so 17 clubs in 2023 is only going to get worse.

As players have gotten physically bigger and 100% professional I feel the field is now too small for 13 a side. I would love to see 12 a side (drop the lock position) to open up the game. Also interchange reduced to 6 interchanging so fitness and the small player comes back into the game

Also when I started watching RL in the late 1970's players stayed loyal to a team so you would support a player developing through the grades (yes it was only a Sydney based comp which may be part of the argument).

Also loved going to Lidcombe Oval and watching all three grades play. You get a great day out seeing up to 3 games and a suburban ground with some atmosphere.

Also the game had characters like Dallas Donnelly, Tommy Terrific, Toovey Mortimer and now everyone has scripts to read off of. That's why I love hearing the Block of Cheese speak. Classic.

Sorry I will wake up now it's 2022.

Last edited:
the game has lost a lot of its appeal since the 2 ref, bunker days.

My love for the game has declined considerably since Turdberg was running the show and the bias/favouritism which has always been in the game but to a far lesser extent became the deciding factor in who wins games.Referees no longer adjudicate games to the rules but to achieve a result that the NRL want which could very loosely be called "entertainment for the plebs"
WWE at it's worst is more believable than what the NRL dish up every week,there is a lot of money in the game and as always money and power finds a way to corrupt.Scomo would love it running the NRL

My love for the game has declined considerably since Turdberg was running the show and the bias/favouritism which has always been in the game but to a far lesser extent became the deciding factor in who wins games.Referees no longer adjudicate games to the rules but to achieve a result that the NRL want which could very loosely be called "entertainment for the plebs"
WWE at it's worst is more believable than what the NRL dish up every week,there is a lot of money in the game and as always money and power finds a way to corrupt.Scomo would love it running the NRL
Get it back, stop complaining, hurry up, 2023 is coming.

its near a full on soap opera now days.r the memories of yester years

Brad Arthur on NRL 360 said he's still hopeful that Papali'i will stay at the Eels....

Not looking great.... I really don't think it's over.
Did you you see that scum bag K*nt doing his best to reignite the situation during the Arthur interview.

No mention that Papali'i has supposedly committed to honouring his contract.

These arse holes just won't let it go.

You can’t compete for the title without at least one in form game breaker. Sadly there are not many of them in the NRL and some clubs have more than one.
Take the Chooks, they have the best no1, they have close to the best centre in Joey Manu and one of the best front rowers in JWH. On top of that they have the best two kids in the game. You can’t compete with that.

The game will die very quickly if the NRL doesn’t find away to get plenty of movement with teams through the top four. We just can’t afford to see the same teams dominate year after year.

Anyway we are talking NRL, don’t expect anything to happen that might upset a power broker like uncle Nick. It’s sad really because there is every chance that the NRL will do the impossible and kill the chook that laid the golden egg…..that’s the game as we know it

You can’t compete for the title without at least one in form game breaker. Sadly there are not many of them in the NRL and some clubs have more than one.
Take the Chooks, they have the best no1, they have close to the best centre in Joey Manu and one of the best front rowers in JWH. On top of that they have the best two kids in the game. You can’t compete with that.

The game will die very quickly if the NRL doesn’t find away to get plenty of movement with teams through the top four. We just can’t afford to see the same teams dominate year after year.

Anyway we are talking NRL, don’t expect anything to happen that might upset a power broker like uncle Nick. It’s sad really because there is every chance that the NRL will do the impossible and kill the chook that laid the golden egg…..that’s the game as we know it
Agree.

The NRL should be more focused on how to keep teams competitive rather than tweaking the rules all the time. No one wants to watch games with $1.01 favourites every week.

Add a draft, find a way to limit how many elite players one club can have, or try something else completely.

Latest posts

Back