Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If the reports about the Turbos being unhappy at Manly are even somewhat true we should try and offer them an out. $2.5 mill for the three of them. Give Jake the captaincy.

Then go all in on family groups. Get both Butchers from Easts. Get the Walker brothers to coach with young Sam Walker at 7. Morris brothers to run the water and be trainers. Saifiti twins to top it off
Bring in the Gallagher brother too. Maybe they can be our Superleague scouts. ✌️

In relation to the rumoured signing of Charlie Staines.

One thing this adds is speed to the backline- something we don't really have. Naden is pretty quick, but more in a 'long strider' kind of way. Additionally, I think he's a better centre than winger. Nofa & Maumalo are not 'quick'. Talau, Kepaoa & To'a are not 'quick'. So having a winger with genuine speed helps.

He also is the obvious back-up at fullback as well- so dual purpose.

This leaves are options at centre as Naden, Talau, Kepaoa, To'a, Junior Tupou, Triston Reilly & potentially....Doueihi. If Sheens can't find a combination out of those guys, he's not trying hard enough. Naden & Talau for mine.

What the addition of Staines does is give depth & options so that the 'answer' isn't Starford To'a who was forced into more 1st grade than he was probably ready for.

Wingers- Staines, Nofa, Maumalo- Kepaoa/To'a/Tupou/Naden (options)
Centres- Naden, Talau, Kepaoa, To'a, Tupou, Reilly- Doueihi (option)

This additionally allows the Fullback position to read:

Laurie/Staines/To'a/Camroux

Anything that moves To'a down one rung on the ladder means strengthening of the overall squad.

Staines would be a useful-good signing if this goes ahead.

the sad truth is currently no one wants to stay at or come to the Tigers.
Yes that is exactly the truth .Meanwhile Tim can't front the cameras and say he made approaches to many players and got no takers
And this thread keeps on making recruitment suggestions by the hundreds
I think we are struggling to keep Joffa ,Douehi and Hastings and are keeping IPaps and Api only because of contractual obligations
Point im making this is not just a dip or slump which we can climb out of No its a crisis almost to the point of club survival
We need a quantum shift in our image and don't see how that can be achieved with same old formula .Wests Ashfield to Lee to Pascoe to Tim to players .last 5 years we've got worse every year.
How long will Nrl carry odd no of teams if one is so uncompetitive
If Wests Ashfield agree to sale and we relocate to say Central Coast I think Nrl and some moguls would support . Central Coast Tigers easy to attract stars ,huge junior pool ,great home ground .Huge Leagues club next door .I'm only dreaming but don't want to get punted or sent to Perth

Can't really blame them. The place is losertown and it will hard to shake the terrible vibe the club has.
I honestly believe that if the club made 1 strong decisive action the impression of the club could change.

For me that is getting rid of Luke Brooks.

Having a bloke on that huge huge coin in the most key position perform so poorly for so long without repercussion or him being held accountable is a huge reason why we have this losertown reputation.

I honestly believe that if the club made 1 strong decisive action the impression of the club could change.

For me that is getting rid of Luke Brooks.

Having a bloke on that huge huge coin in the most key position perform so poorly for so long without repercussion or him being held accountable is a huge reason why we have this losertown reputation.
Wrong. Get rid of “Lay down Lee” & put someone in with the courage to stand up to the NRL & back the Tigs players. If the chairman won’t stick up for the club & players, why do you expect the players to? Strength & integrity of a club starts at the front office.

Wrong. Get rid of “Lay down Lee” & put someone in with the courage to stand up to the NRL & back the Tigs players. If the chairman won’t stick up for the club & players, why do you expect the players to? Strength & integrity of a club starts at the front office.
The club continually backs the players. That's our biggest problem. We have blokes like Brooks who don't perform and the club backs them by never dropping them and paying them more than double what any other club would

Obviously Bateman will come up as one of the English targets. Can anyone hazard a guess at who else might be targetted? Any players with history to Sheens/Marshall or even Hastings?

Former Raiders captain John Bateman has declared he has unfinished business in the NRL and is wanting to make another successful return to Australia.

Bateman literally sent a message to potential suitors, using Monday’s NRL finals launch to put himself in the shopfront window.

Bateman was released from the final year of his Raiders deal at the end of the 2020 season, at the peak of the coronavirus pandemic, to return home to England and be with his young daughter.

The back-rower, who led Canberra to the 2019 grand final, is contracted to Wigan until the end of 2024 and the Super League outfit will not consider releasing Bateman without a transfer fee.

He’s already been linked with a move to the Wests Tigers, and also has a close relationship with Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett, who still has six spots left to fill in his inaugural roster for next season.

Latest posts

Members online

Back