Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

World class centres have speed !
He plays as a second ⅝ role anyway. It's his D that worries me. He's a shirt grabber and centres have to make quick D decisions which he hasn't grasped yet.
He's too slow for most positions 🤔

The news about Tuki and Talau perked my interest, suggests to me we are trying to manufacture a 2nd row option. Whether that means we've folded with that imbecile Papal'li or we simply dont have the stocks or cant get anyone to partner him is a bit of a worry.
I really can't see Papal'li coming too much smoke there i think something has been worked out in the background. Personally i'd stick to my guns ala what the storm did with the fox you can go if we get a like for like replacement if not you stay til then.
Obviously lots going on the the background shit Stains swap for Peachy i dont mind creates competition at fullback, wing, and 5/8 if Laurie is training there and at a pinch centre i guess.

The mail I have received suggests that Hastings is very keen to stay. His management are playing it smart and hoping he gets picked for England for the WC and increases his value. He is also eager to play halfback which may be an issue with Brooks close to re-committing, however he seems to genuinely interested in re-paying the faith to the club for giving him a chance to come back to the NRL and would likely re-sign regardless of this; provided the terms are reasonable.

Doueihi is in a similar situation. Missed most of the season and by the time he returned Madge was gone and same with the season. He is looking to have a big campaign with Lebanon to increase his value. Lebanon should easily make the knock out stages so it'is likely they could make a semis appearance which would really increase both Doueihi and Moses value (same reason Moses hasn't recommitted - along with Parra playing finals).

There is confidence that Benji, Robbie and Sheens can get Brooks back on track. Benji and Robbie know his game well (both played with him in his Dally M winning year) and Sheens worked with him very early in his career. They are all familiar with what Brooks looks like when at his best and are focusing on getting his confidence back.

Also heard that the Warriors are going in big for Dylan Brown and are more than willing to make him a 1 million dollar a year player.
Brooks staying, bloody hell, we should be having a crack at Brown as well as Munster, Hastings 7 Munster/Brown 6 looks great, or Hastings 7 ,Douehi 6 & Munster 1 works too. Playing Brooks 7 Doueihi 6 and Hastings 13 I don't think is the way forward. Thanks for the update CCTW

Most people on this forum are aware that i believe speed is essential if you are to be a competitive side. Others do not agree ! AD ,and Hastings, though a good footballer are not fast enough for the halves. Apisi needs some quick players around him. For years we have buying slow backs and non- agressive forwards,. Recruitment has been terrible. I agree we need to buy at least three key players, but we also need to be brutal and clear the decks of the accumulated rubbish we have bought. Don't extend contracts on duds, i would rather sign young talent elsewhere then keep treading water for the next 2 years.

Most people on this forum are aware that i believe speed is essential if you are to be a competitive side. Others do not agree ! AD ,and Hastings, though a good footballer are not fast enough for the halves. Apisi needs some quick players around him. For years we have buying slow backs and non- agressive forwards,. Recruitment has been terrible. I agree we need to buy at least three key players, but we also need to be brutal and clear the decks of the accumulated rubbish we have bought. Don't extend contracts on duds, i would rather sign young talent elsewhere then keep treading water for the next 2 years.
At least 3 key players, great call.

Certainly a willing Paps and Api will have a good follow on effect, but it’s not enough.

No offence to Brooksy but waiting for him to return to his form is like waiting for the Dolphins to sign a genuine Marquee.

I expect Bennet to get his players to optimum and they will compete. That’s what elite coaches do.

Well all clubs like to gamble a bit and I’d rate him over factory with his X factor.

I think he could command 420-480 to a desperate club.

That could be conservative though. Maybe Gus will put him on the dogs list?!
Are you insane? He'll be thrown a train and trial contract by some club, sure, but nothing else. He hasn't played for 4 years and has completely changed his body shape. No one will give him anything remotely close to big bucks until he can prove himself and his current ability

The mail I have received suggests that Hastings is very keen to stay. His management are playing it smart and hoping he gets picked for England for the WC and increases his value. He is also eager to play halfback which may be an issue with Brooks close to re-committing, however he seems to genuinely interested in re-paying the faith to the club for giving him a chance to come back to the NRL and would likely re-sign regardless of this; provided the terms are reasonable.

Doueihi is in a similar situation. Missed most of the season and by the time he returned Madge was gone and same with the season. He is looking to have a big campaign with Lebanon to increase his value. Lebanon should easily make the knock out stages so it'is likely they could make a semis appearance which would really increase both Doueihi and Moses value (same reason Moses hasn't recommitted - along with Parra playing finals).

There is confidence that Benji, Robbie and Sheens can get Brooks back on track. Benji and Robbie know his game well (both played with him in his Dally M winning year) and Sheens worked with him very early in his career. They are all familiar with what Brooks looks like when at his best and are focusing on getting his confidence back.

Also heard that the Warriors are going in big for Dylan Brown and are more than willing to make him a 1 million dollar a year player.
Hey mate, I just read my last post to you and it comes across a doubting thomas.
That's not the case brother.
Deep down I'm like any other member on here desperate for a decent signing. Apologies if you read it badly. 👍

Are you insane? He'll be thrown a train and trial contract by some club, sure, but nothing else. He hasn't played for 4 years and has completely changed his body shape. No one will give him anything remotely close to big bucks until he can prove himself and his current ability
I am insane, sure, but times are tough.

Thanks for the update CCTW.

Glad to hear Hastings is keen to stay. But I still can't fathom how dumb the club (not to mention some of his fans on here) is in when it comes to Brooks. How many more years of failure does the club need to endure before realising what the rest of the league and anyone with a semifunctioning brain know; that he is nothing more than a low-IQ halfback with some speed and above average defense.

Stick Hastings at halfback and throw a mil at Brown. I like AD but Brown is a proven commodity at this stage.

I know Klemmer said he wants to stay in the Hunter, probably just wanting a contract, but seriously he was a rep player and is still young enough.
I like his aggressive attitude. I'd rather a player resenting being told to come off the paddock than someone who doesn't want to go on. If you can read between the lines 😉

Missed in the lastest update is the news Sheens wants to keep Tuki Simpkins. He is exactly the type of ball playing forward we need under the new rules. It is great Sheens is back and sees qualities in players others don't. I hope O'Kane re-signs. It is a great display of loyalty from Brooks to remain when others are wanting to test the market.
Agree about keeping Tuki haven't seen that much of him but the little I did see he appears to be big strong and has some ball playing skills. Just pray that he is enthusiastic and wants to improve big time to 1st grade

Why would any half or back sign for the WT knowing they would play behind the weakest NRL forwards?
Only insane and desparate halves/backs would sign sign for us!
We shall first develop/buy a proper forwards and then think of less important players!

Has anyone been caught out by looking at a recent post where someone says such and such has resigned and you think how awesome is that...then you realise they were responding to a thread from last year. Doh!

Tommy Talau is getting a top 30 spot & will be used next year in a Luke Garner style role of centre/2nd row.

Nu Brown is not certainty of staying has fair offer on the table but his manager pushing for more.

The Charlie Staines/Tyrone Peachey swap is going ahead & to be announced after Panther's season is finished.

Liddle's release opens up a spot in the top 30 for Nu Brown, if he takes it the squad is full time others are released. Musgrove is free to explore options but seems keen to stay.

Tuki Simpkins also no longer on the market with Sheens keen to work with him.

Henry O'Kane no certainty to stay, has a deal on the table but appears to be leaning elsewhere.

Daine Laurie will be training at 5/8 over the off season as halves cover with Staines coming on board.

Luke Brooks appears the only likely player on re-signing prior to November 1 at this point in time.

Albert Kelly is looking at a train & trial deal for the off-season but will not be offered a top 30 spot unless a few others a moved on. Will be a magpies contract at best

From the_pom on the other forum
Other forum?

Watching this Q cup final on TV, right now...
Norths Devils vs Sunshine Coast Falcons.

Fair few players that were tested in NRL & I can only assume, regarded as not good enough...

Levi Pulu? Titans
Lloyd Perrett.
Jacob Gagan.

Then a few lads who've played with the Storm - smoothy, Cooper Johns, Young Tonuamaeia, Grant Anderson, Teipai Morea.

Hope our scouts are monitoring these games, clubs, etc... seeing if there's any talent. Not the has been & never was but any up and coming talent- Jack Howarth looks unreal, they mentioned he's Storm top 30 and signed until 2027 @ 500k a year.

Toby Rudolf was a Q cup grand finalists before signing with the Sharks.

The playing surface looks like the ones we played on hey demps, not like the nrl feather grounds.
I bet you we don't have talent scouts at the game, they're in an office throwing darts blindfolded at pictures of available players.

Back