Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

expect news by COB today.
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

Recruitment difficulties of course coming last with a diabolical defence doesn't help but what I would like to get to bottom of is this
When Mick Potter first arrived at the Tigers he said 2 things
- Its not like any club he has ever seen before
- its a Political Hotbed
Potter strikes me as a reasonable man so what did he mean ? and is this atmosphere at the core of our problems . What do our CEO and chairman feel about this ?
Stephen Humphreys and Grant Mayer, what a dream team. NOT

Two props in 20s, both really were standouts but I thought Tatola had the more promise as JJ Felise was more consistent. I really don’t know why but one was signed to a first grade contract the other was let go. And a couple of years later a possible replacement prop in Paseka was not valued whilst Mikalee was promoted.
Great talent scouting by the club.:censored:

Recruitment difficulties of course coming last with a diabolical defence doesn't help but what I would like to get to bottom of is this
When Mick Potter first arrived at the Tigers he said 2 things
- Its not like any club he has ever seen before
- its a Political Hotbed
Potter strikes me as a reasonable man so what did he mean ? and is this atmosphere at the core of our problems . What do our CEO and chairman feel about this ?
Potter wanted to keep Koro was overruled by the board.....Only wanted to offer Robbie 2 year contract not 4 and for less money was overruled by the board ..... had to fight tooth and nail to get Marty over from Canterbury the board did not want him

I used to be friends with the guy who drove Nathan Brown to his interview for the Tigers head coaching job and he toll me that Nathan said not very nice things about the interview the board could not answer basic questions had no idea

If we were to recruit another backrower to partner Papalii next season, who would you want from these likely candidates:

- John Bateman
- Jaydn S'ua
- Tyson Frizell
- Jack Murchie
- Curtis Sironen
- Matt Doorey
- Joe Stimson
- Morgan Knowles

It has to be said again:

It is absolutely everyone else's fault that he doesn't perform to his optimum in the 10 years he's been here. That includes the three different administrations, four coaches and the 120 odd players who played for the club while he's been there.

It's ALWAYS someone elses fault with Brooks.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

The most coddled player of all time.

If we were to recruit another backrower to partner Papalii next season, who would you want from these likely candidates:

- John Bateman
- Jaydn S'ua
- Tyson Frizell
- Jack Murchie
- Curtis Sironen
- Matt Doorey
- Joe Stimson
- Morgan Knowles
I am starting to like the of Jason Bateman could not play for Sh#T but the publicity would be great for the Club and up you NRL 360

Potter wanted to keep Koro was overruled by the board.....Only wanted to offer Robbie 2 year contract not 4 and for less money was overruled by the board ..... had to fight tooth and nail to get Marty over from Canterbury the board did not want him

I used to be friends with the guy who drove Nathan Brown to his interview for the Tigers head coaching job and he toll me that Nathan said not very nice things about the interview the board could not answer basic questions had no idea

None of that comes as a shock to me,our board has always been our weakest link in a very competitive field and probably always will be.The leadership structure we have is arguably the worst in Australia and quite possibly the 2nd worst in the world (just behind the icelandic water skiing team)

My point as well but that will only be answered from March onward next year.
Any signings made or players lost will be pure speculation until we set foot back on the field.
Until then, I am prepared to give everyone a chance to prove a lot of this years negativity can be reversed.
Regards The Optimist !
My biggest problem with club is they came out mid year and said the season was a write off, and acted to do their best to come last. Then they said 2024 was the year. So what do we expect next year? 17th? the place is run by imbeciles and takes its members (and fans) for fools. My guess is there will be more fans next year.

My biggest problem with club is they came out mid year and said the season was a write off, and acted to do their best to come last. Then they said 2024 was the year. So what do we expect next year? 17th? the place is run by imbeciles and takes its members (and fans) for fools. My guess is there will be more fans next year.

Sheens and the club are just making their pathetic excuses before their failings become reality in 2023.Eunuchs all of them

There is the issue .The board ,The chairman The CEO maybe cant recognise the problems if their at the center of the problems . I feel Wests Tigers need to make a quantum shift such that they are one club and only one club with all grades called Wests Tigers . Then the NRL community might say
Hey iits a whole new ballgame at the Wests Tigers and the past is buried

Back