Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Maguire was a big star in the documentary with his words to the players.
Unfortunately the aptitude of the students meant the teachings were very much robin williams preaching in dead poets society rather than mentoring a gifted Will Hunting

Recruitment difficulties of course coming last with a diabolical defence doesn't help but what I would like to get to bottom of is this
When Mick Potter first arrived at the Tigers he said 2 things
- Its not like any club he has ever seen before
- its a Political Hotbed
Potter strikes me as a reasonable man so what did he mean ? and is this atmosphere at the core of our problems . What do our CEO and chairman feel about this ?

What do you mean by that Needy?
Two props in 20s, both really were standouts but I thought Tatola had the more promise as JJ Felise was more consistent. I really don’t know why but one was signed to a first grade contract the other was let go. And a couple of years later a possible replacement prop in Paseka was not valued whilst Mikalee was promoted.

Fair play mate, I won't piss on your parade for being optimistic.

I do hope that Sheens can turn it around, but I just don't see how he'll do it. A couple of good buys coming next year (and that's permitting one shows up,) but after that we seem to just be letting players go, which in and of itself isn't bad as the ones going aren't worth persisting with, but we have to replace them with others. Can't just go all chips in on the kids. Not even Penrith did that, they made sure there was older players bringing them through.
None of us really know the what and how of the coaching staff next year , but that’s the exciting part , imagine if they start to gets things better/ right. And do we have to know ?
I’m not going to try and second guess it !
let’s face it, things have been so bad for so long, the law of averages alone says some things must improve. Maybe we can then replace the nine word with an eight !!!!!

Until then …. We wait.

Two props in 20s, both really were standouts but I thought Tatola had the more promise as JJ Felise was more consistent. I really don’t know why but one was signed to a first grade contract the other was let go. And a couple of years later a possible replacement prop in Paseka was not valued whilst Mikalee was promoted.

Ah I got you now @Needaname.
Didn't turn out great did it, JJ was
Rated higher you're right about
The consistency part...Jnr was
Promising but didn't fill out, and
Maybe show that commitment
To his body/training but was a
Talented league player for sure.

Wanted to play under uncle Wayne.
We lost him, then Paseka shortly
After and kept Mikaele. Sliding
Doors moment man, he's done
Really well at Souths good on him

Unfortunately the aptitude of the students meant the teachings were very much robin williams preaching in dead poets society rather than mentoring a gifted Will Hunting
Williams was challenging his students to not accept the status quo and think of the subject in a very different way.
Sounds like the Walker Bros coaching style !

Back