Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Brooks under a good coach is what is required, under cleary he was halfback of the year 2018 and Sheens is a better coach than cleary. Not many halves on the market hence Newcastle are desperate to sign Brooks.
Wingers are a dime a dozen let nofo go if you have to, to only have 200k of Brooks salary on the books from 2024 onwards would be very very good and sound cap management

I think it's a massive cop out blaming the coach for the players poor form. We can't just let Nofo go. We've overpaid him. I'm sure we'd happily let him go but no clubs are going to offer his contract value.

Same as Brooks but Brooks only has one season left. If he re-signs on lesser dollars which would be closer to market value plus we get some cap benefit he might be worth it but in reality we are are splitting the long term player allowance between him and Nofo.

RTS from rugby ? it seems a Sheens type of thing to try and do I reckon. Not too sure how the rugby contract will go
1. RTS
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
9. Api
13. Hastings

RTS would be a awesome. I'm not sure Laurie could play in the line or perform that role consistently.

I think it's a massive cop out blaming the coach for the players poor form. We can't just let Nofo go. We've overpaid him. I'm sure we'd happily let him go but no clubs are going to offer his contract value.

Same as Brooks but Brooks only has one season left. If he re-signs on lesser dollars which would be closer to market value plus we get some cap benefit he might be worth it but in reality we are are splitting the long term player allowance between him and Nofo.
we can replace a winger
7's and 6's harder to replace

the coach that will eventually reap those rewards will have zero inherited contracts during his tenure so his roster will be 100% his.

It's not that simple. This is the also why I feel Madge was judged harshly. We struggle with recruitment.

You don't see center as a problem because we have Toa ,Kepoa and Junior Tupou ? Please tell me one game where they played great and ill rewatch it

I added Naden as well. I don't see centre as our problem area. I thought they all played well in patches. To'a made some great busts. Kepaoa can score a try as well.

Who decided to recruit Packer on 900k ?

One of a number of really poor coaches we've had. JT, Lamb and Cleary. Cleary can coach if you give him the cattle but geez he was the worst of all time when it comes to recruitment.

It's weird how we all see things differently.
I thought Gards was good for the club. Got the young fellas up in a grandfinal and nearly got a win in controversial circumstances when Noddy got COVID.
I was amazed he didn't get the gig when madge was released.
I'm hoping this experiment going forward will work. If it does it could be skies the limit.... if it doesn't I don't think we'll be surprised.
Hardly a coach with vision. Whilst we were supposedly lapping up 2nd spot which looked great on paper, other clubs were blooding youth. Not us though - happy for Flegg to be leading and KOE to be second with a very poor NRL side. Never was there a more important time to expose youth during uncertain times at KOE level.

We’re paying for that now.

Last edited:
I got confused and thought you meant we’d take the field with 9 players . Lol.
All ok, got it now !!
That would be an increase on what we had on the field most of this year if it equates to effort.

Long off season ahead and NOV 1 whilst is an opportunity to build a stronger squad may just end in disaster like most other signing attempts. I hope I am wrong.

I think it's a suggestion.

I am probably the best poster on this forum when it comes to being in the know. I'm 100% accurate when I state a signing is happening. The only issue is I get my information from the official site.
RTS just a suggestion

Latest posts

Staff online

Back