Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The months-long saga surrounding Cameron Munster’s ongoing contract negotiations with the Melbourne Storm look set to finally draw to a close, with the Storm five-eighth expected to advise the club of his intentions next week.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Munster and manager Braith Anasta played a golf match yesterday following the Storm star's return from holiday, after which Anasta says the star half will sit down with his young family to begin final discussions on the protracted contract situation.

According to Anasta, that discussion will be followed by an official decision, with the Storm expected to receive a response in a matter of days.

“He’s been away with his family,” Anasta told the Telegraph.

“By next week we will have an answer for Melbourne. The whole idea of him getting away with his family was to come to some sort of conclusion on his future.”

Though Munster still has a year on his current deal with the Storm, it’s become well known that his partner has a desire to return to Queensland in the future and that is expected to weigh heavily on his decision.

The Storm have already expressed a strong desire to retain the 28-year-old, but the Dolphins are one of a number of clubs well-known to be closely monitoring the situation, and the favourites to pick him up should he decide to leave the Victorian capital.

Wests Tigers have also claimed they will be prepared to match any bid.

Meanwhile Melbourne are rumoured to be preparing for life without Munster, with reports earlier in the week that they were monitoring the contract status of Matt Burton and Dylan Brown, among others. (DT)

Don’t want Munster I prefer bringing Moses home & playing him at half back with his mate Brooks at five eighth with Douiehi to his best position centre. We also get a great goal kicker if Moses comes back. It was Ivan Cleary’s fault that Moses left our club he should’ve given him the money that he was after because he was worth it at the time & obviously worth more now He & Papali’i also combine brilliantly together & he would be on less money than Munster so please Marshall bring him home.

In the past fortnight, we've seen Corey Oates extend at Broncos, Joe Tapine extend at Raiders, Jacob Liddle to Dragons, Lachlan Illias extend at South's. But, not to worry, Benjis making phone calls. 2023 is a horrible thought.
Benji is working a contract for Munster for us to be a genuine option for him and is currently working out a deal with Newcastle for Brooks

Also bringing in some big boppas like Fifita

Don’t want Munster I prefer bringing Moses home & playing him at half back with his mate Brooks at five eighth with Douiehi to his best position centre. We also get a great goal kicker if Moses comes back. It was Ivan Cleary’s fault that Moses left our club he should’ve given him the money that he was after because he was worth it at the time & obviously worth more now He & Papali’i also combine brilliantly together & he would be on less money than Munster so please Marshall bring him home.
There's a lot more to the story about Moses leaving.

Someone mentioned we are looking at Asi so watched the QLD Cup final today.
Thought his kicking game was alright - has a huge bomb and also some pin point kicking as well to his winger (Ken's side). A few darts but nothing special with the ball in hand.

The game was ordinary to watch, brilliant try at the end to McGrady though.

Here’s my blue print , very simple sign a class mongrel prop offer overs but he has to be class , do the same for a backrower ,go after a very good centre who can defend even if his speed is not still there . Then plunder the lower grades at other clubs for young strong forwards or fringe backs who want to play 1st grade , with the cap we have this is not out of our reach
I agree - a top class prop Tapine or RCG like. Offer $1.2 mill
- at least one top class center our guys can't defend
- scout all lower grade sides especially those at top of their comp in whatever state . The ones we tried from our 2nd last cup side failed and getting run over like a herd of buffaloes doesn't get you a 2nd chance

got a bit of oil we're signing a few "fan favourites". possible re-brand to bring the fans back by the sheenius and benji? anyway expect it to be announced early november. don't think the forum will be happy with these "fan favourites".
Was it announced last Wednesday?

we will be offering cameron munster 1.5 million per year for four years as i understand it. source is usually spot on and has good oil.
Will it be announced last Wednesday?

we will be? I thought it was all done last Wednesday? Your oil is, always was and always will be rancid

Can you tell me is Munster coming for a 2 or 3 year 500k per year contract because the roosters suck. Is is true he is bringing Sualli as well ?

Anyone ?

• Haha
Reactions: 851
I agree - a top class prop Tapine or RCG like. Offer $1.2 mill
- at least one top class center our guys can't defend
- scout all lower grade sides especially those at top of their comp in whatever state . The ones we tried from our 2nd last cup side failed and getting run over like a herd of buffaloes doesn't get you a 2nd chance

Rcg bargain buy for parra. Parra are the new Flanagan sharks GF team.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back