Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

My issue is, for all our failings,Madge was the only one held to account. The same decision makers who put us in this mess are shaping our future.

Madge wasn't the only one to go though. GM of Football operations was punted in last 12mths. The whole recruitment team have all been punted, Madge coaching roster was overhauled twice during last 12mths. Our playing roster is now transforming over next 2yrs with more juniors/pathway players in our top 30 than years before starting to emerge.

Our organisation just isn't structured the right way but the board just aren't going to put themselves up which would need to happen for significant change to occur.

Lee I have zero idea his value, haven't see it. If anything his media spins have made us more of a laughing stock playing contracts out in the media etc.

Pascoe cops it alot and sometimes rightfully so but othertimes it's over the top - despite how bad we have been performing on field he has delivered financially & future setup wise. Considering how bad we were on the books & despite our results on the park he has somehow managed to keep turning the financials over to the best they have ever been and we are in a very positive state moving forward $$$ wise, we can spend to the cap for a change, he is planning to reduce our home grounds due to our financial position, we do have significant funding being invested in pathways + the magically COE is now finally open. I don't actually think he is the problem alot make out.

Here’s my blue print , very simple sign a class mongrel prop offer overs but he has to be class , do the same for a backrower ,go after a very good centre who can defend even if his speed is not still there . Then plunder the lower grades at other clubs for young strong forwards or fringe backs who want to play 1st grade , with the cap we have this is not out of our reach

Madge wasn't the only one to go though. GM of Football operations was punted in last 12mths. The whole recruitment team have all been punted, Madge coaching roster was overhauled twice during last 12mths. Our playing roster is now transforming over next 2yrs with more juniors/pathway players in our top 30 than years before starting to emerge.

Our organisation just isn't structured the right way but the board just aren't going to put themselves up which would need to happen for significant change to occur.

Lee I have zero idea his value, haven't see it. If anything his media spins have made us more of a laughing stock playing contracts out in the media etc.

Pascoe cops it alot and sometimes rightfully so but othertimes it's over the top - despite how bad we have been performing on field he has delivered financially & future setup wise. Considering how bad we were on the books & despite our results on the park he has somehow managed to keep turning the financials over to the best they have ever been and we are in a very positive state moving forward $$$ wise, we can spend to the cap for a change, he is planning to reduce our home grounds due to our financial position, we do have significant funding being invested in pathways + the magically COE is now finally open. I don't actually think he is the problem alot make out.

Agree mate he's biggest mark on his legacy is he was too relaxed with the football operations. It needed to a lot better. There isno fixing his legacy now.

What do you mean that we can spend to the cap? The NRL grant is bigger than the cap so every club can do that.

Here’s my blue print , very simple sign a class mongrel prop offer overs but he has to be class , do the same for a backrower ,go after a very good centre who can defend even if his speed is not still there . Then plunder the lower grades at other clubs for young strong forwards or fringe backs who want to play 1st grade , with the cap we have this is not out of our reach
Couldn’t agree more. Get the forwards right first, sure up our edge defence as well. With time on their hands Laurie, Hastings, Brooks & Douehi have enough points in them.

Big Nelson from Melboure would be great

@THE_POM or @CloudyGlock Do you guys know if this Sironen Rumour has any legs or just guessing like most places.
I would take him for 2 years as he would add to our depleted back row
If Sironen is coming we’ve heard nothing about it at Saints. Usually news of player movement leaks but crickets. He’s played very well for us (when he wasn’t suspended for high shots - three times this year albeit during a massive crackdown). Had a slight dip in form following an off-the-field … ahem … indiscretion. But the rumour is Woolf threatened to rip out his heart and feed it to him if he didn’t knuckle down and to be fair to Curtis he’s been great since. Woolf is almost comically Alpha and even big Siro knew better than to mess with him. Surprised more NRL clubs weren’t interested in The Sensei.

Reactions: 851
Just Making the comment that I thought I saw NQL player that looked like he tried the Kyle Feldt move.

AND YES IT STILL EATS AWAY AT ME, THAT I HAVE WITNESSED SOME TERRIBLE REFEREE DECISIONS IN MY 76YRS, BUT THAT ONE IN PARTICULAR HAS TO BE THE WORST I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE, AND WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WAS SAID BETWEEN THE ON FIELD REFEREE AND THE REF IN THE BOX, AND LOTS OF MONEY WON AND LOST ON THAT GAME, AND I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IN INVESTIGATION WOULD HAVE BEEN SOUGHT BY THE GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT IN CHARGE OF GAMBLING.

COLLUSION WAS INVOLVED IN THE OUTCOMBE OF A MATCH, THAT INVOLVED TWO TEAMS.

AND TWO REFS, WHO CONSPIRED TO CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THIS MATCH INVOLVING A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, HAVE BEEN EXONERATED BY THE NRL.

AND, YES IM STILL SOOKING FOR TWO WRONGS, ONE BEING US HAVING A WIN TURNED INTO A LOSS.

AND THE 2ND BEING THE INJUSTICE AND LOSS OF MONEY TO THOSE BRAVE SOULS THAT ACTUALLY PUT MONEY ON THE WEST TIGERS TO WIN A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT, BUT INSTEAD HAD IT STOLEN AWAY FROM THEM.

Just Making the comment that I thought I saw NQL player that looked like he tried the Kyle Feldt move.

AND YES IT STILL EATS AWAY AT ME, THAT I HAVE WITNESSED SOME TERRIBLE REFEREE DECISIONS IN MY 76YRS, BUT THAT ONE IN PARTICULAR HAS TO BE THE WORST I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE, AND WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WAS SAID BETWEEN THE ON FIELD REFEREE AND THE REF IN THE BOX, AND LOTS OF MONEY WON AND LOST ON THAT GAME, AND I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IN INVESTIGATION WOULD HAVE BEEN SOUGHT BY THE GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT IN CHARGE OF GAMBLING.

COLLUSION WAS INVOLVED IN THE OUTCOMBE OF A MATCH, THAT INVOLVED TWO TEAMS.

AND TWO REFS, WHO CONSPIRED TO CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THIS MATCH INVOLVING A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, HAVE BEEN EXONERATED BY THE NRL.

AND, YES IM STILL SOOKING FOR TWO WRONGS, ONE BEING US HAVING A WIN TURNED INTO A LOSS.

AND THE 2ND BEING THE INJUSTICE AND LOSS OF MONEY TO THOSE BRAVE SOULS THAT ACTUALLY PUT MONEY ON THE WEST TIGERS TO WIN A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT, BUT INSTEAD HAD IT STOLEN AWAY FROM THEM.
Well said Dennis. Most Tigers fans would agree wholeheartedly.

We are playing in 5 different home stadiums. All good to have money, but whats the point without a team playing in one spot. This team will go nowhere until they learn what they represent.

Joe Tapine set to re-sign with Raiders on four-year extension worth more than $3.4 million, catapulting him to the top of the props when it comes to front row earners.

The deal ensures Canberra’s reigning player of the year is taken off the market before the November 1 deadline.

The months-long saga surrounding Cameron Munster’s ongoing contract negotiations with the Melbourne Storm look set to finally draw to a close, with the Storm five-eighth expected to advise the club of his intentions next week.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Munster and manager Braith Anasta played a golf match yesterday following the Storm star's return from holiday, after which Anasta says the star half will sit down with his young family to begin final discussions on the protracted contract situation.

According to Anasta, that discussion will be followed by an official decision, with the Storm expected to receive a response in a matter of days.

“He’s been away with his family,” Anasta told the Telegraph.

“By next week we will have an answer for Melbourne. The whole idea of him getting away with his family was to come to some sort of conclusion on his future.”

Though Munster still has a year on his current deal with the Storm, it’s become well known that his partner has a desire to return to Queensland in the future and that is expected to weigh heavily on his decision.

The Storm have already expressed a strong desire to retain the 28-year-old, but the Dolphins are one of a number of clubs well-known to be closely monitoring the situation, and the favourites to pick him up should he decide to leave the Victorian capital.

Wests Tigers have also claimed they will be prepared to match any bid.

Meanwhile Melbourne are rumoured to be preparing for life without Munster, with reports earlier in the week that they were monitoring the contract status of Matt Burton and Dylan Brown, among others. (DT)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back