Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Why the hype around blore ? I don’t get it or have seen it.
Jackson topine, visit that bloke . Dogs can’t keep them all.
Jackson Topine .. I think many clubs look at this guy and thin he is too small to be an effective forward 181cms 95kgs. (Luke Brooks is 180cms and 90kgs). Topine is 21 yrs young and I don't think he'll get any taller, he may get heavier but I just don't see him as an impact player.

BTW .. Blore is 190cms and 108kgs

Last edited:
So, you're happy with how we've progressed Recruitment Wise?

Did I say that?

I don't know how we're progressing....
Neither do you, I suspect.
You're the one banging on like you know exactly what's happening.... Or not happening.
Truth would be - You have no idea who they're chasing - Who they're talking to - Or for when.

Am I happy I don't know?
It doesn't bother me - I Don't work for the club.
Do I have a wish list - Fantasy squad?
Do I think we're short and there are players that can help?
Of course I do.

Unlike most here
- I've actually had a look at the list of off contract players (We can actually talk to) for next year - And there's not much on it... So I have massive expectations for massive signings (or improvement)
I am of the opinion, Any money we saved for released players this year
- Has helped us curb the damage of our overpaid players for next year and beyond
(Of which there are many) - Leaving room for extra spending in 2024
(When all the good players are off contract - in line with the cap rise)

If we jag a surprise victory in recruitment, Whether it's getting rid of deadwood or a class signing, I'm all for it. But I don't think (And whinge) about it every day...
Again, I don't know what they're up to.... I'm certainly not about to post like I do.

I have been reading for months now talk of Munster, Moses and even Teddy. It is not going to happen. It’s just click bait mixed with people trying to Jack there value up sky high.

We go through this every year and people actually think we are in with a chance. Learn from history it ain’t going to happen

I have been reading for months now talk of Munster, Moses and even Teddy. It is not going to happen. It’s just click bait mixed with people trying to Jack there value up sky high.

We go through this every year and people actually think we are in with a chance. Learn from history it ain’t going to happen
I’ve read elsewhere that Braith says Munster announcing his decision on Friday.
At least that will take one name off the list.
No way we get Teddy but Moses imo could be a dark horse.

Surely this is a gee up, the Roosters wanting to sign RTS, they have fullbacks coming out of their you know whats, we should be getting Benji to go and see him

Maybe RTS to Roosters, Teddy back to us.
Maybe the Munster talk is a clear smokescreen that shows clear intent we will spend big for the best players & it's to draw in Teddy.
Doubtful of course we get any 3 of them.

I’ve read elsewhere that Braith says Munster announcing his decision on Friday.
At least that will take one name off the list.
No way we get Teddy but Moses imo could be a dark horse.

Devil is in the wording, I've only read that he'll announce weather he'll accept the Storm extension.
- He may well announce his new club at the same time, But announcing you're not staying
- Isn't the same as announcing a new club.
Cronk did the same thing.

Roosters also have a contract offer for RTS to return apparently - That makes 4 First grade Fullbacks on the books there.... Just saying.

Maybe the Munster talk is a clear smokescreen that shows clear intent we will spend big for the best players & it's to draw in Teddy.

I think there's something to go on yet....
Don't know we'll benefit.

Manu is the national fullback - And a bloody good one.
He may well want to wait it out behind Tedesco, But he's done that for some time already....

If he gets itchy feet - I know who the Roosters will let go first.
Suali to bide his time behind Manu for a couple years I can also see.

It's not like the Roosters haven't let go a club captain / legend before....
Did it to Anasta, Pearce (While not captain, Was up there)

So Nofoaluma and Gildart were playing at WT at the end of the 2022 Season.

Why did we loan them for?
Sorry, aren't you the guy who tried to justify Jason Taylor's appointment here. Jog on Nuffy

We loaned them to free roster spots up for rookies & to allow us to move cash from 23/24 into 22 cap space we had available.

Keep in mind moving those 2 for 6 weeks would maybe free up what $200k max

I think there's something to go on yet....
Don't know we'll benefit.

Manu is the national fullback - And a bloody good one.
He may well want to wait it out behind Tedesco, But he's done that for some time already....

If he gets itchy feet - I know who the Roosters will let go first.
Suali to bide his time behind Manu for a couple years I can also see.

It's not like the Roosters haven't let go a club captain / legend before....
Did it to Anasta, Pearce (While not captain, Was up there)
As much as I hate to admit it - they can fit all of them in

1. Tedesco
2. RTS
3. Joey Manu
4. Sualii
5. Tupou

Would be next level to be fair - Sualili getting more ball in the centres could help them

So I’m putting the jigsaw pieces together here.
1. Laurie only offered 1 year extension
2. RTS possibly back to Roosters
3. WT ready to pay big bucks for a marquee
= Teddy comes home to WT or Munster comes to WT. ( either as FB)
I wouldn’t have thought that possible but it well may be if you connect the dots.
Or is it just my medication !

I find it very very interesting he has been offered only a 1yr extension.
2yr extension he becomes apart of Benji's squad.
Makes it very clear he isn't viewed as the longterm fullback for the club.
Seriiously, I don't view him as the long term fullback either. I don't see him as short term fullback e ither. Try him at 5/8 and if he fires that would be his position with Wests Tigers.

We loaned them to free roster spots up for rookies & to allow us to move cash from 23/24 into 22 cap space we had available.

Keep in mind moving those 2 for 6 weeks would maybe free up what $200k max

Turns an overpaid 500kish / Year Winger through to 2026, into a 440kish / Year overpaid Winger through to 2026....
Not much, But not nothing...

So I’m putting the jigsaw pieces together here.
1. Laurie only offered 1 year extension
2. RTS possibly back to Roosters
3. WT ready to pay big bucks for a marquee
= Teddy comes home to WT or Munster comes to WT. ( either as FB)
I wouldn’t have thought that possible but it well may be if you connect the dots.
Or is it just my medication !

Word a while back was Benji had also sounded out RTS

Seriiously, I don't view him as the long term fullback either. I don't see him as short term fullback e ither. Try him at 5/8 and if he fires that would be his position with Wests Tigers.

Me either....
No big enough, And far too deficient in other areas to compensate for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back