Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Watched Staines score a good try last night but his team mates put him out in the open with one guy to beat . Good finish but Nofo would have finished it the same

Bulldogs won’t be able to afford Klemmer so that’s a pipe dream they’re so tight with there cap and still trying to upgrade Burton and buy a fullback/half won’t waste big money on a forward unless they get rid of TPJ or Thompson and even then it’s still unlikely - knights will release him early to whoever can offer to chip in the most towards his 800k contract and we’ll beat any dogs offer for sure

Klemmer and Lenui will make our pack complete

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Api Korisau
10. David Klemmer
11. Shawn Blore
12. Isiah Papalili
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Talau
15. Spencer Lenui
16. Alex Twal
17. Joe Ofanguea
Solid pack, top 8 team

Watching the Penrith lower grade team I thought Preston Riki (106kg Second Rower) and Eddie Blacker (116kg Prop) might be worth looking at.

We need players who come from a successful culture like Penrith to rub off on WT players.
Preston Riki perfect. I think blacker resigned this year ?

If we can somehow have all of Api, Papalili and Klemmer coming to the club next year

All I’ll say is if we offer Munster more money than any other team due to our cap space and also have the lure of Benji/Sheens with our new COE etc….. he may be more tempted to come to us with those 3 boys joining what we already have here - just food for thought

We are no where near the grand final or finals for that matter but these journos always find a way..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-161434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-161434_Chrome.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 56
If we can somehow have all of Api, Papalili and Klemmer coming to the club next year

All I’ll say is if we offer Munster more money than any other team due to our cap space and also have the lure of Benji/Sheens with our new COE etc….. he may be more tempted to come to us with those 3 boys joining what we already have here - just food for thought
Hel go back to Qld. Family is there.

IMO I think Anasta and Munster are using us to increase price elsewhere.. I am not holding any hope on this one but would be stoked if they pulled it off.

News/Media round up: - Papali’i confirms he’ll be a Tiger in ‘23. - Staines/Peachey swap for ‘23 to be confirmed in the weeks. WT also interested in Spencer Leniu, who would be pushed out due to cap pressure. - Klemmer toured WT COE, possible 3 year deal from ‘23.

WT keen on bringing junior Nathan Brown back to the club. Eels prepared to contribute to Brown’s salary of 500k in ‘23.

Klemmer has been top 5 in Ave running metres and post contact metres for forwards for over half a decade, including this year. Adding him, Papali’i (most metres and PCM amongst forwards over 21/22) as well as Api, Stefano, Twal is a no brainer for me. Ideally 2yr + Club option

Looks like Api, Isaiah and AD the only top 30 players currently contracted for next year heading to RLWC from WT. Very handy for a squad transitioning to a new coaching staff and style this preseason. Should have most on deck for Day 1 of preseason.

Believe there’s a compulsory 6-8 week (not sure exact length) break players need to take from their final game of the season. Should see the club have a lot of players on deck and a chance to get a leg up when it comes to cohesion and combinations

Evident between Klemmer, Spencer Leniu and Nathan Brown links that WT want a middle forward in for next season. Someone to take it upon themselves to lead. Joffa and Twal more passive workers while Stefano and Pole still establishing themselves.
API needs a pack, a hard hitting second rower. Preston Riki fan club member I am, getting players out of the same system.
Musgrove is rubbish .
Klemmer , stef, leinu, Riki, ice, brown, Hastings, pole … shapes nicely. We got the cash go for it. No more plodders we need to make a statement. Facts, blokes like Martin , ain’t coming to the tigers. I told hartigan about Riki when he was busting up the Qld cup, and hopgood 2 years ago. But we know we need a huge cultural change and a new footballing ceo. Pascoe is a salesman nothing else.

Back