Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah Gould and Dogs will try to medically retire him.... yet he is fit enough to be selected to play for England in the WC

Sheens will probably sign both Thomo and Bateman to make out misery even worse and even then some people on here would find some way to praise him and not criticize him.I can honestly see him destroying our cap even worse than Ivan did just like he did when he was sacked.
I do hope i am wrong

Raid panthers lower grades (Puru brothers, Jenkins, Geyer, Riki).

Probe panthers top graders - Sorenson, Martin have been immense but wouldn’t be prioritised as much as spine players or other forwards (Yeo/Fish). Leniu not as utilised but would walk into our team.

Yeah, people can use the argument why would they leave Penrith when they have all their mates and success. Well, we have opportunities to crack it and not languish in the shadows, we aren’t far away geographically, have state of the art training facilities and friendly faces in Koro, Blore, Naden. Plus we got money to give a lot more than Penrith.

Re-sign Hastings imperative. Re-sign Laurie preferably. No rush for Doueihi.

Probe panthers top graders - Sorenson, Martin have been immense but wouldn’t be prioritised as much as spine players or other forwards (Yeo/Fish). Leniu not as utilised but would walk into our team.

Yeah, people can use the argument why would they leave Penrith when they have all their mates and success. Well, we have opportunities to crack it and not languish in the shadows, we aren’t far away geographically, have state of the art training facilities and friendly faces in Koro, Blore, Naden. Plus we got money to give a lot more than Penrith.

Agree with everything except I'd switch Laurie and douhi.

The squad needs forwards that can create or stop momentum (in defence, not just through being rubbish- we already have those guys) far more than it needs outside backs or indeed halves & fullbacks. Klemmer might not be the player he was, but he does have the ability to create & stop momentum when on the field. If they can add another backrower (Frizzell would be ideal) that can create mismatches wider, I think people sleep on teams like the Tigers. The difference between winning & losing consistantly comes down to the ability to control the flow of the game. Our forwards have not allowed the club to control the flow of a game in years. If Chad Townsend can be an upper echelon halfback behind an elite forward pack, the likes of Hastings & Brooks can be too.

Watched Panthers GF in cup and their belting of the North Devils
Players that stood out Turuva , Hopgood , Soni Luke , Kurt Fells and the fullback
Isaiah Longi
I assume they all especially Luke and Fells locked up by panthers next year but wondering what's the story with their fullback Longi .He will wait a long time behind Dylan Edwards ?

Watched Panthers GF in cup and their belting of the North Devils
Players that stood out Turuva , Hopgood , Soni Luke , Kurt Fells and the fullback
Isaiah Longi
I assume they all especially Luke and Fells locked up by panthers next year but wondering what's the story with their fullback Longi .He will wait a long time behind Dylan Edwards ?
Luke played for us a couple of years ago and was poor. Turuva is the backup for Edwards these days only playing centre to keep him happy with gametime. Don't know anything about longhi, but i imagine he'd go if gets a chance given lack of opportunity to progress.

Luke played for us a couple of years ago and was poor. Turuva is the backup for Edwards these days only playing centre to keep him happy with gametime. Don't know anything about longhi, but i imagine he'd go if gets a chance given lack of opportunity to progress.
There probably playing turuva at centre because chriton is going to move on

Turuva is a gun. He will be playing NRL at the Panthers next year wouldn't be surprised if he beats May for the wing spot. Really wish we went hard for him.

Turuva looks short on TV...

Don't think he's Olam like.
Not sure about him being a centre , permanently.

Sheens will probably sign both Thomo and Bateman to make out misery even worse and even then some people on here would find some way to praise him and not criticize him.I can honestly see him destroying our cap even worse than Ivan did just like he did when he was sacked.
I do hope i am wrong

It's a concern. We've made two massive signings for next year. We need to continue with that approach plus developing quality juniors.

We also have 3 halves who have their contracts coming up and all want big dollars.

We are also currently the worst team in the comp.

It's a very very difficult position to navigate and make good decisions.

The players you mention would probably be disasters that kill us for years.

Sheens going to the UK I doubt is all about him signing English players but more about there are alot of NRL players running around and no doubt he will get a chance to get into their ears.

Lets hope the trip pays off for us in various ways.

It's a concern. We've made two massive signings for next year. We need to continue with that approach plus developing quality juniors.

We also have 3 halves who have their contracts coming up and all want big dollars.

We are also currently the worst team in the comp.

It's a very very difficult position to navigate and make good decisions.

The players you mention would probably be disasters that kill us for years.
Agreed to an extent. How much can the halves want their contracts upgraded by if we are the worst team in the comp?

Does it matter that much who we bring in? Anyone is better than what we have. The salary cap money is there and has to be spent. We got good value out of the Api and Ice deals and we need to bring in as many experienced players as our roster spots will allow if we are to dig our way out of this mess.

Sheens has an eye for talent and value, but I am unsure whether Benji offers the same. Time will tell but we are in the fortunate position that the only way is up!

Turuva looks short on TV...

Don't think he's Olam like.
Not sure about him being a centre , permanently.
Was surprised he wasn’t fullback for them - once again they’ve got a new kid coming up that seems to have taken a spot and probably get to firsts…

Everyone has a wondering how long they’ll wait behind Edwards - I wonder how long Edwards will wait before he wants to get paid…
Most underpaid FB in the comp the last few years…

Reactions: 851
Sheens going to the UK I doubt is all about him signing English players but more about there are alot of NRL players running around and no doubt he will get a chance to get into their ears.

Lets hope the trip pays off for us in various ways.
Pays off where - and how?
We’ve only got a couple spots left in our roster for 2023

Back