Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I just read the words Twal and Impact in the same sentence....

This place really is a treat.

Comprehension isn't your strong suit.

He is as important as a prop with impact. I didn't say he was an impact prop, but as important to the team as a prop who breaks the line due to what he offers in defence.

Twal isn't a bullocking line breaker or anything like that, but he will be as integral to our success as an impact prop. He tightens the middle and can be relied on to make tackles every time. Defence is every bit important as attack.

The previous sentence to it should have been a dead giveaway, but you never miss the opportunity to have a pop at someone so I can understand why you got excited and shot your load. 🤪

I don't know if any Sydney clubs did this ...but Brisbane Wests back in the 70's had a lady who would sell raffle tickets at the bottom of the escalators at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown that led from the Mr Whippy stand to Woolworths ...6 days a week she would do it

Didn't help in the end ...the still went under in the mid 90's after winning back to back premierships in the 91 and 92 ..smashing Tiger Watto's pussy cats ....hehe
There’s a blast from the past.

Des crippled Manly's cap in his first stint.
He then did the same to the Dogs and then sued them for it.
He's now got his just desserts for years of red-lining club's caps for short-term success.

I'm glad he's been railroaded. He's a myth of a coach and someone who has never had the long-term plans, of the clubs he has been at, in mind.

Bye, Felicia.

Des crippled Manly's cap in his first stint.
He then did the same to the Dogs and then sued them for it.
He's now got his just desserts for years of red-lining club's caps for short-term success.

I'm glad he's been railroaded. He's a myth of a coach and someone who has never had the long-term plans, of the clubs he has been at, in mind.

Bye, Felicia.
Management of the salary cap should be for bean keepers and not coaches. If the clubs gave him free reign over cap management then more fool them.

Des is no fool, but he wont be Treasurer either.

Management of the salary cap should be for bean keepers and not coaches. If the clubs gave him free reign over cap management then more fool them.

Disagree, the coaches live and die by their results. A bit of oversight is OK, but completely removing them from the decision process isn't fair.

imagine the Turbo brothers in the WestsTigers side:

1. T. Turbo
2. Maumalo
3. Kepaoa
4. Naden
5. Tupou
6. Doueihi
7. Hastings
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papilli
12. Blore
13. J. Turbo

14. Rua
15. Ofahengaue
16. Leniu
17. Pole

Operative word there is should be. Tigers gave Ivan an open book yet still deride him for what he did with it, rather than the club itself.

He's a myth. And a painful one to listen to at that. Good riddance.

Disagree, the coaches live and die by their results. A bit of oversight is OK, but completely removing them from the decision process isn't fair.
I don't mean that the coaches shouldn't be involved at all CB, just that they can get a little trigger happy when trying to recruit or maintain high profile players and it can be to the detriment of the club if it doesnt result in instant success. Ivan is a classic example.

Back