15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Leniu

Looks great to me

Solid defender tho.
Every team needs one.

I've seen him fire up before.
Penrith game.

If they can get some more aggression to his game, it'll do the team wonders.

2023, give him another chance 🙂

Since 2017 man....
I can count those games on one hand.
Needs to add plenty of things to his game - Aggression can be one of them.

Has zero footy intellect for mine, Has added nothing to his game
Doesn't run on the front of his feet, The thing that most concerns me is...

He seems perfectly happy inside himself to be less that mediocre.

"Scoring tries isn't my job" 😂😂

Since 2017 man....
I can count those games on one hand.
Needs to add plenty of things to his game - Aggression can be one of them.

Has zero footy intellect for mine, Has added nothing to his game
Doesn't run on the front of his feet, The thing that most concerns me is...

He seems perfectly happy inside himself to be less that mediocre.

"Scoring tries isn't my job" 😂😂
Dude from my area played over 100 games for the Manly & Bulldogs and never got a try.

Well respected front rower of his era (80s - early 90s)

Did all the hard stuff and was well respected by all his team mates.

I hear ya though.
He's sitting out of the world cup and saying he plans to come back charging.

2023 will be his year man.
No niggling injuries.
Big season for him.
Trust the process.

Not so sure about Bateman ...he is one of those backrowers who has had to play above his weight ...and that tends to cook them more quickly with injuries etc ....Bateman wasn't playing anywhere near the level back in England as he was at Canberra ....just my opinion

Good to see you posting again Happy one of the OG’s… I’m not 100% sold on Bateman either, haven’t really watched him in England so maybe I’m overselling him - however when he was at Canberra which wasn’t that long ago (2-3 years ago) he was a weapon and the kind of player we needed and he’s still pretty young. Maybe going back to England he lost that hunger to improve and went for the money/lifestyle etc, coming back to the NRL may be a challenge he steps up too

I agree the priorities should be both Klemmer and Lenui - but if we do get Bateman I wouldn’t be complaining let’s just say

Rua instead of Talau and you've got yourself a good starting pack and bench

Rua maybe another 1-2 years before first grade I reckon…. Talau can really play anywhere from 1-6 and could even play back row his versatility would be great off the bench - was an exciting prospect as well

Alex Twal is a solid player who will do what he is asked to, and to boot he cares about the club and the fans. Never be that smashing forward but a healthy and focused Twal is better than what we have seen over the last 5 years from past current forwards.

I cant see Leniu signing here to come off the bench TBH
Just to touch on this…. I don’t think when it comes to Lenui his issue was starting. I think it more so had to do with his minutes

He was playing like 25-30 mins off the bench for small cameos - he might be coming off the bench with us however he’ll double his minutes and maybe in the next year or two (if we get Klemmer) he’ll be starting with Stef in the foreseeable future

Seems like it’s either us or Dragons for his signature - idk why anyone would want to go to the dragons whom seem like they’re imploding internally by the second, 3 people turned up to there awards night ceremony as a new recruit do you really want to be walking into a “team” like that?

With us we have all the benefits… western Sydney, more money, more minutes along with the new faculties/coaching structure.

On top of that we have Blore, Laurie, Api, Staines (most likely) all former Penrith boys probs getting in his ear - and on top of that he played junior footy with Stefano and even Seyfarth

I think we’ve got our man and I’m confident he’ll be a tiger and I’m so excited for it

Good to see you posting again Happy one of the OG’s… I’m not 100% sold on Bateman either, haven’t really watched him in England so maybe I’m overselling him - however when he was at Canberra which wasn’t that long ago (2-3 years ago) he was a weapon and the kind of player we needed and he’s still pretty young. Maybe going back to England he lost that hunger to improve and went for the money/lifestyle etc, coming back to the NRL may be a challenge he steps up too

I agree the priorities should be both Klemmer and Lenui - but if we do get Bateman I wouldn’t be complaining let’s just say

Would you complain if Bateman was costing 1m to come here 650k payment plus 350k transfer because that is likely to be the cost involved.A massive no from me

Just to touch on this…. I don’t think when it comes to Lenui his issue was starting. I think it more so had to do with his minutes

He was playing like 25-30 mins off the bench for small cameos - he might be coming off the bench with us however he’ll double his minutes and maybe in the next year or two (if we get Klemmer) he’ll be starting with Stef in the foreseeable future

Seems like it’s either us or Dragons for his signature - idk why anyone would want to go to the dragons whom seem like they’re imploding internally by the second, 3 people turned up to there awards night ceremony as a new recruit do you really want to be walking into a “team” like that?

With us we have all the benefits… western Sydney, more money, more minutes along with the new faculties/coaching structure.

On top of that we have Blore, Laurie, Api, Staines (most likely) all former Penrith boys probs getting in his ear - and on top of that he played junior footy with Stefano and even Seyfarth

I think we’ve got our man and I’m confident he’ll be a tiger and I’m so excited for it
Valid point mate, i just mean if making him a starter now is the sticking point of his contract or the difference between ink on paper, i think we just commit to it he is going to be a force regardless, runs with intent to damage ! if we get him id be stoked ! these are the types of players you want to build your team around. fingers crossed for Leniu wearing a Tigers jersey soon fellas.

Staff online

Back