Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You just lost me.
Imo he’s not the answer, had plenty of chances this year to nail it and whilst he had a reasonable season he really doesn’t bring anything special.
I just can’t stop comparing all 13s to Yeoh and Murray and can’t identify one.
If we lose Hastings (hope not, very Fulton like)

We may have to run a forward like player as a 13

Yeo and Murray are elite.

If we lose Hastings (hope not, very Fulton like)

We may have to run a forward like player as a 13

Yeo and Murray are elite.

Can run a lock in the Joffa mould if you have the Power game through the middle to go with it
We don't.
Also need the Strike in the Edge Forwards to take advantage of the room the power game brings
We don't have that either.
Alternatively, If you're running a Murray / Radley type 13, You still need the above to compensate the meters missing in the middle
We don't have that either.

Yeo, Is a bit out of the box - He covers both to a point (Certainly not as quick or nimble as Radley and Murray, But their Halves are quite a bit bigger / stronger than a lot of others - And Yeo is quality... Works (Obviously)

Our position is we can't play either game because we just don't have the middles or strike edge forwards to match the rest of the comp....
We're kinda 40% of the side required to go either way.

Are you suggesting Balmain and Wests supporters are heading the way of the Tassie Tiger?😁

Newtown, North Sydney etc still have a supporter base, so I don't think they will die out if there is still a representation in the lower leagues. However, there is a divide at board level (and fans to a lesser degree) and I think the perception from the outside is that we are a club divided. I will never lose my love of the Magpies, and will always have fond memories of Balmain also (my Dad played at Holy Cross with a few of the old Tigers, have great memories of Balmain games when I was a kid), but we need to accept that our first grade side is the Wests Tigers. Until that happens, there will continue to be competing interests that affect the performance/direction of the club as a whole, more specifically the first grade team.

Latest posts

Back