Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well, I was at that game and he was already done with Melbourne - That came from his family there...

Bellamy had been (Or sent someone) well earlier to watch him in Ressies - I'd find the story on it if I could be bothered..
That was before he debuted, Common sense tells me he didn't send someone to look at him in a ressies game after he'd just watched him for 80 minutes.

"When it was announced" WTF has that got to do with anything?
Kikau and Mahoney been "Announced" yet?
- They were signed a year ago.
Plenty of players get signed with no announcement - Been that way forever, The club announces it when they want / need or agree to....

From memory - We tried to get JAC to stay after he'd signed...
which might have delayed things....

You may be right .....but if he didn't have a reason not to mention it ...and we were just a stepping stone .....why hold it back ......Melbourne didn't have anything to lose by announcing it ...didn't have any bearing on us or Cronulla (the club he left )

There are no atheists in a foxhole. But to answer your question, no.😁
My dad believed in “The here after”, I seen him one day asking a guy that owed him money “Do you believe in the here after” the guy replied yes.
My dad said so do I I’m here after that money you owe me, then delivered a straight right fair onto his jaw.

Frank Ponissi was the person that came to watch JAC before the Storm game and signed him.

I thought it wasn't Frank - I know of him....
I thought it was maybe the old Parra recruiter that works for Teddys management now?
He was in the Storm System for a time I believe - someone Fields?
Can't remember...

Like I said, I'd find it if I could be bothered...
I have a memory of reading that he'd met with the Storm (Bellamy) prior to our game against them when they were in town for a game - Not sure if it was against us (Surely not)

....Wiki says June 6 he announced his signature for 3 years at Melbourne .....seems like it was FACT .......
I'm pretty sure there was an interview years later here he admitted he'd already signed for Storm. Buggered if I could wade through 50 pages looking for it though.

Moses is doing things at the Eels that he did at Wests. We just suck and they don't. Brooks will be Brooks at another club.

He is?? - Go watch the cows game from 2014 at Cambo...
Kicking for touch with 10 to go when we're behind and not scored a try all day.
He won a spoon with them not so long ago....

My mate from Parra whinges about the same 5 hit ups and a bomb from Moses that most here whinge at with Brooks..

Thanks for giving thoughtful response most just sweep this topic under the rug . So I gather its really important that our reserve grade side is Western Suburbs Magpies ? I know one thing in terms of our NRL performance - whatever we have been doing hasn't been working .
No it's not important that our reserve grade side is the Magpies. As I said it does not matter what our reserve grade side is named. What is important is that we maintain a strong junior presence in each region.

Moses is doing things at the Eels that he did at Wests. We just suck and they don't. Brooks will be Brooks at another club.
Yep, Moses isn't doing anything new these days compared to his time with us. He still looks good when his team wins and goes missing/plays horrible when they are getting beaten.
He has never had the ability to drag his team over the line when they are getting outplayed.
People wanting to throw $1m per season at him must have short memories.

Annotation 2022-10-27 132434.jpg

Not sure how true... but i dont blame Leniu for wanting to stay at penrith for 23, he is playing for a team that could potentially win 3 grand finals in a row, but i think we should really gun hard to get him signed up for 24

Back