Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What I'd prefer is for AD to turn into a great player and not to sign Moses. AD plays some awesome footy at times and I like him but you got to be rational. He didn't perform last season. Admittedly it was coming back from an ACL injury but he hasn't performed well enough at fullback or in the halves last season and he is on good dollars. I don't think he has been any better in the centres. His defense is terrible at times.

I don't like Moses. He was so talented when he was here but he just had no respect at all for the club. Moses is miles ahead of Doueihi in relation to performances on the park.

I'm not getting excited about either signing.
Well if we have lost Hastings and if Brooks is heading to Newcastle than re-signing AD is more than likely on the agenda unless the club feels confident in signing Dylan Brown to play at 6. AD can play great footy he was one of our best in 21 until his ACL injury and this season unfortunately was shit all round for everyone. Hoping in 23 he bounces back but he does have stuff to work on no argument there. But unless we can sign better we would be dumb to let him go. If we have lost all 3 well our halves are much weaker going into 24.

Reactions: 851
Have no idea if there is bad blood with Hastings or not. Just a general comment…

Looking at it another way, we all have the right to choose who we work with…it just might not be our current employer.

Co-workers that can’t work with each other just creates a toxic environment. From a managers point of view, the pros far outweigh the cons of removing the source of the problem regardless of talent. Everyone is replaceable.
"Everyone is replaceable" - not in elite sport that is not true. Good/ great players are not easily replaceable and the very reason why we are in the position we are in.

Well if we have lost Hastings and if Brooks is heading to Newcastle than re-signing AD is more than likely on the agenda unless the club feels confident in signing Dylan Brown to play at 6

There is no way the club should feel confident of signing any top player and that is what Brown would be paid as. Let's wait and see what happens with Hastings. I think Brooks is going to Newcastle but there hasn't been anything official so who knows.

If Doueihi can get his game together he could be a weapon but this is already starting to sound a little like supporting Brooks.

There is no way the club should feel confident of signing any top player and that is what Brown would be paid as. Let's wait and see what happens with Hastings. I think Brooks is going to Newcastle but there hasn't been anything official so who knows.

If Doueihi can get his game together he could be a weapon but this is already starting to sound a little like supporting Brooks.
I agree on waiting and seeing Hastings may not be leaving but still we also can’t wait around either. Sooner or later a decision has to be made.

This will be the 3rd which has failed to do it, so we're not alone.
Never said we were alone. But considering we hold the title of the club who has had the longest spell of not playing finals footy - we are clearly not finding the replacements we need
to effectively compete, although we have lost plenty who have played finals at other clubs.

Reactions: 851
Never said we were alone. But considering we hold the title of the club who has had the longest spell of not playing finals footy - we are clearly not finding the replacements we need
to effectively compete, although we have lost plenty who have played finals at other clubs.
We seem to be doing well with recruitment now, perhaps our best year including three participants in the grand final.

We seem to be doing well with recruitment now, perhaps our best year including three participants in the grand final.
Two real good players but they come from strong squads we need to be realistic about how much difference they can make to our team. We have a long way to go before we can compete with the best imo - but always hoping for the best.

Two real good players but they come from strong squads we need to be realistic about how much difference they can make to our team. We have a long way to go before we can compete with the best imo - but always hoping for the best.
Robinson, Hasler and Sheens are all premiership winning coaches. You've given Sheens a serve but perhaps these coaches know what it takes to assemble and nurture a squad capable of contesting for the premiership.

Robinson, Hasler and Sheens are all premiership winning coaches. You've given Sheens a serve but perhaps these coaches know what it takes to assemble and nurture a squad capable of contesting for the premiership.
I'd say every premiership coach knows what players are the type they need to win a premiership but if they havnt got access to them when other clubs do, then they are on a hiding to nothing - despite any success they may have had previously.
The success of any club relies on a lot more than just an ex premiership winning coach no matter who it is.

Have no idea if there is bad blood with Hastings or not. Just a general comment…

Looking at it another way, we all have the right to choose who we work with…it just might not be our current employer.

Co-workers that can’t work with each other just creates a toxic environment. From a managers point of view, the pros far outweigh the cons of removing the source of the problem regardless of talent. Everyone is replaceable.
Probably just lazy media just making stuff up as usual but if there really is any serious bad blood between the two, this needs sorting out as soon as Bateman is confirmed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back