Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not in the top 30.

Just to create depth and be a mentor for the young kids coming through in reserve grade.

Good signing.
Only good news I am hearing is that Will Smith won't be in the top 30.
The guy was a jerk at Parramatta, that's saying something considering how many jerks were there at the time!

... Hire a mentor, sure. Hire the Morris twins, hire Michael Cooper/Steve Matai/Mitch Aubusson or any number of good solid centers or Wings that are not playing at the moment.

What on earth does a player who spent 8 years playing 80 games bring to our side? Injury management?

Lousy defender that occasionally had sparks of a good game but usually did nothing. ...

The guy was a jerk at Parramatta, that's saying something considering how many jerks were there at the time!

... Hire a mentor, sure. Hire the Morris twins, hire Michael Cooper/Steve Matai/Mitch Aubusson or any number of good solid centers or Wings that are not playing at the moment.

What on earth does a player who spent 8 years playing 80 games bring to our side? Injury management?

Lousy defender that occasionally had sparks of a good game but usually did nothing. ...
Consistently been a fringe first grader
For nsw cup it’s a very diligent signing

You’re completely off the mark with this one mate.

1. He’s a half/hooker these days, if anything.

2. You want solid, experienced spine players near the end of their careers in your reserve grade team, ESPECIALLY considering how young ours is likely to be.

3. Again, he’s not in the Top 30, it is literally a no-lose situation.

And he isn't busted up like JTJ was either.
It was a good pickup, thinking outside the box and isn't top 30 contracted as well.
I am going to disagree with the crowd on this one.

Isn't busted up.... Played 80ish games in 8 years. Why? busted up!
Huge difference between "can play'' and "has played". Yes he has been slotted into positions and been a total turnstyle in those positions.

We need to get our defence right, sure we need a utility but a busted ex Parramatta Princesses need not apply.

Meh, maybe the crowd is right. He is outside the top 30 so what does it matter.

NEWCASTLE are adamant Tyson Frizell is not going anywhere. The Knights have spoken to Frizell and told him they want him to see out the final year of his deal next season. Frizell took up his option to remain at Newcastle for 2023 and the club are open to extending his deal. He took out the club’s player of the year award this year. (DT)

Well it wasn't reality.
Can you please open up a new thread for non-reality comments and keep them out of here?

I appreciate that any muppet can log on and post anything at all, but regular posters with some kind of community credit, like yourself, I think, should refrain from posting pure nonsense in these types of threads.

I don't think it's a good habit to intentionally play tricks on the forum community.

I thought it was obvious but clearly some people believed me. It's not a habit as well.

I get your point though.
Sadly the new forum doesn't help at all. I had to go back 6 messages to find out what we were talking about.

OK who is Superman? Caleb Clarke as in Clarke Kent! better be more of a wall basher then reporter. The guy seems like a good winger but No way to Halfback!

Glad we are going for David Fifita. WE NEED BEEF up front. We need it we need it BAD.

RTS was great for the roosters, pretty good for New Zealand. Obviously Roosters have their issues and won't be able to offer him 500k...also having 3 players vying for Fullback. Great their loss.

"1. The club is going hard for David Fifita and we are in the box seat to get him.
2. Caleb Clarke is talking to the club. He wants a change from rugby and it's just about money at this point. Hopefully a deal will be done for next year.
3. The Roosters have dropped out of the race to secure RTS. The club have put in a good deal to get him here and hopefully this deal will happen.

How much for RTS? Where does Laurie and Stains go?
How much for David Fifita? Titans money and I am crying, 800k and we will let Sheens turn him into a ball playing Center. (as Sheens did for Ellis, Galloway, Heighington... almost every forward we had).
Are we punting Nofo OR Ken M for Clarke? Please tell me were not doing the BIG 17 again? Is Caleb Clarke Superman?/???

I am going to disagree with the crowd on this one.

Isn't busted up.... Played 80ish games in 8 years. Why? busted up!
Huge difference between "can play'' and "has played". Yes he has been slotted into positions and been a total turnstyle in those positions.

We need to get our defence right, sure we need a utility but a busted ex Parramatta Princesses need not apply.

Meh, maybe the crowd is right. He is outside the top 30 so what does it matter.

Some good points raised and can see that view. If he was top 30 I would be going WTF stupid signing but guess it's the balance between top 30 and basically a NSW Cup deal.

Sadly the new forum doesn't help at all. I had to go back 6 messages to find out what we were talking about.

OK who is Superman? Caleb Clarke as in Clarke Kent! better be more of a wall basher then reporter. The guy seems like a good winger but No way to Halfback!

Glad we are going for David Fifita. WE NEED BEEF up front. We need it we need it BAD.

RTS was great for the roosters, pretty good for New Zealand. Obviously Roosters have their issues and won't be able to offer him 500k...also having 3 players vying for Fullback. Great their loss.

"1. The club is going hard for David Fifita and we are in the box seat to get him.
2. Caleb Clarke is talking to the club. He wants a change from rugby and it's just about money at this point. Hopefully a deal will be done for next year.
3. The Roosters have dropped out of the race to secure RTS. The club have put in a good deal to get him here and hopefully this deal will happen.

How much for RTS? Where does Laurie and Stains go?
How much for David Fifita? Titans money and I am crying, 800k and we will let Sheens turn him into a ball playing Center. (as Sheens did for Ellis, Galloway, Heighington... almost every forward we had).
Are we punting Nofo OR Ken M for Clarke? Please tell me were not doing the BIG 17 again? Is Caleb Clarke Superman?/???
Laurie and Staines can go fishing if we can get a top line player like RTS. He's still got two good years in him.

Fox now reporting that Newcastle are going after Hastings if they can't get Brooks and that Joey Johns has called Jacko to point out advantages ? This soap opera goes on and on

Obviously trying to put pressure on
us. The ball is firmly in our court though.
Both of them are contracted to us.
I think it's more likely we get Klem
Than then Jacko getting a release
and driving from the gong to the hunter
For training every day. They're trying to agitate, good luck to them

I thought it was obvious but clearly some people believed me. It's not a habit as well.

I get your point though.
It's like drugs son. Once you've had a puff, you're hooked for life. :)

gee this Brooks shit needs to be sorted , same for Hastings , this club can’t afford to go into pre season looking like dicks .
sign one up just get it done
me i keep Hastings and swap Klemmer for Brooks
Start with Hastings at Half AD at 5/8 , Naden and Stains in the centres
Klemmer Appi , Steph up front
Pappi and Bateman back row
joffa to lock
Blore , Twal , Pole Bench + 1 more ptyats got some sting in It

Odd that we're going for another top line Winger when we've just locked up all our Outside backs long term (Not that I think they're all top line) And we have Nof and Nado for the next 3 years??
RTS is exactly what we need, A real Fullback and Decent meters from the back....
- A superstar even.

Fifita is the wrong signing for us at a time like this, We need a Capewell, Not a Fifita....
Stop doing this Bat, if only we'd signed Capewell and Nico.....

Back