Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I thought it was obvious but clearly some people believed me. It's not a habit as well.

I get your point though.

I actually think how you structured it was different to your normal posts and the names are all ones we have had some form of links (rumours/news) towards as well, so well Played!

Now will change my calendar from April 1 to Nov 10

I actually think how you structured it was different to your normal posts and the names are all ones we have had some form of links (rumours/news) towards as well, so well Played!

Now will change my calendar from April 1 to Nov 10

I thought who can we sign who would actually be good signings for us. It didn't turn out that good for me though. I'm spending a lot of time telling people it was an outright lie.

I don't have inside info. I never have.

If we could get those players though it'd be game changing for us. We need a couple of quality signings. IP and Api are quality. We just need more.

I thought who can we sign who would actually be good signings for us. It didn't turn out that good for me though. I'm spending a lot of time telling people it was an outright lie.

If we could get those players though it'd be game changing for us. We need a couple of quality signings. IP and Api are quality. We just need more.
So you're saying it's a done deal?!

Hey Earl your humour is great, but your reputation is conservative, and a bit of a fence sitter. Thats why i questioned your post, as did others, and some fell for it. At least it gave us something to read instead of the dribble and character assasinations on the site. Well done!

Hey Earl your humour is great, but your reputation is conservative, and a bit of a fence sitter. Thats why i questioned your post, as did others, and some fell for it. At least it gave us something to read instead of the dribble and character assasinations on the site. Well done!

I thought we needed something to talk about as well.

I love the fence sitter comment. I'm like that IRL.

It will be very funny if it all happens though.

Hastings may not get the 7 over Brooks at WTs but he may just block Brooks exit strategy- if that's his intention - by getting the 7 at Newcastle.
Oh for a transfer window so clubs could get on with preparing for next season without all this behind the scenes crap.

Reactions: 851
I'd love to make a joke here but I don't think I'll ever do that again. Way too painful.
Haha, what was painful was the big smile that initial post put on my face. I got through the morning making the kids school lunches, getting brekky done while talking to the wife about how the Tigers are getting some sense and good direction about them.... only to read awhile later it was a joke... my heart broke💔

Not doubting your source man but how solid do you reckon it might be?

David Fifita would be a massive massive massive coup - he would be a game changer and should be targeted heavily I'd definitely put towards an 800k like deal

Caleb Clarke would be cool bit of a project - however do have my doubts about his defensive efforts wouldn't be opposed too the signing at all though

RTS is the signing if gettable we should be going extremely hard for as he's the type of player that can change a team - Benji and him have a good relationship and he's still 29

Side note: If we're going for Fifita.... the club must see either Bateman/Papalili as our lock moving forward unless Bateman deal isn't as on as the media are making it out to be?

I have heard Papi would like to play lock

Haha, what was painful was the big smile that initial post put on my face. I got through the morning making the kids school lunches, getting brekky done while talking to the wife about how the Tigers are getting some sense and good direction about them.... only to read awhile later it was a joke... my heart broke💔

I'm sorry dude. You have to forgive me because I've been a Tigers supporter for a long long time and we never get news like that.

I figured everyone would realize it was too good to be true.

Sorry Everyone !

Do you seem to know what his bank balance is?
Ill go into bat for Brooks. Of the 4 he was the only one that showed loyalty. As Andrew Johns and many others have said "Brooks was going to be the next best thing". Teddy became the next best thing.

Brooks could have gone elsewhere and I think he would have improved. Don't know if he would be the next Andrew Johns or less good like a Trindell or Mitchell Pearce. All said and done Brooks stuck with us and it hasn't worked out.

Say what you will about Brooks and hey I hope we punt him... but he isn't a money hungry grub with no club loyalty.

Top-secret documents obtained by News Corp show the NRL has offered a record $1.32 billion deal to the code’s 510 full-time stars over the next five years - the first $1b pay deal for players in the sport’s history.

The previous five-year deal was worth $980 million. The NRL’s latest offer represents a 34 per cent funding increase and would lift the average men’s salary from $325,000 to $400,000 next season.

That’s a pay rise of 23 per cent.

It can also be revealed:

• The NRL has proposed a 2023 salary-cap figure of $12.5 million from $10.2m _ an increase of 22.5 per cent;

• NRL players have been offered an extra $222 million over the next five years;

• NRL Women are set to celebrate record salaries as part of a $115m funding injection over the next five years;

• The NRLW salary cap is slated to rise from $350,000 to $800,000 next season - a whopping 146 per cent pay rise for females; and

• V’landys wants the minimum wage for NRL development players to be lifted from $80,000 this season to $125,000 next season - a 56 per cent increase for rookies. (DT)

Latest posts

Back