Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Serious is he good for a young guy ?
Only have seen a few cup games and his Cedars performance.

He's an OK prop.
Reminded me of Woodsy.

Takes some tough carries and gets through his work, nothing fancy.

Good luck to him in the 'Swich

For the first time in living memory we have had our salary cap in better shape than most other clubs, now all the advantage we had is out the window as every club will have a stack more cap space. Peter V keeps delivering for the big clubs

It is what Uncle Nick needs to make the Rorters stronger and more viable so it was guaranteed

Reactions: 851
The increase in the cap for next year has got Gus out of trouble. Although, I am sure he saw all this coming so he went and signed whoever he wanted.
Yeah it's an absolute joke to be honest.. lot of decisions would of been made on the bit over 10mill cap. Now Roosters can keep all their stars and then some as well as the other teams.

Reactions: 851
I'm sorry dude. You have to forgive me because I've been a Tigers supporter for a long long time and we never get news like that.

I figured everyone would realize it was too good to be true.

Sorry Everyone !

Thought it pretty obvious to any regular on here, and whilst a little sorry for anyone that was fooled, the subsequent entertainment value made it worthwhile.

• The NRL has proposed a 2023 salary-cap figure of $12.5 million from $10.2m _ an increase of 22.5 per cent;

What an absolute joke the timing of that is.

Great boon for all players with a cap percentage clause in their contracts, but how on earth can it be fair, to not even have the financial position of the salary cap sorted nearly a fortnight into the season it affects.

If the likes of the dogs get a free leg up from this at our or others expense, it is just plain wrong.

So he reverses into the defensive line falls over getting up to play the ball fumbles because of his hair is in the way shurgs his shoulders with a blank look on his face looking at the referee Interesting

@Demps stated that he "Plays like a young Woodsy", whereas you have described the older version.

I would try to get past our former captain bending us fans over if we could have the young version back leading our pack. Hard running, footwork at the line, ............. Yeah, nah.

Last edited:
For god sake give it a break , ur all like little kids who don’t get there own way , and just TELL me one player who is not devoted to what he can earn , there all out for the cash
Idiots, who would not take the maximum they could get! The clubs error , not the player.
Some arguments are so dumb, even little kids have more sense.

Like @CloudyGlock said.

Knights target Hastings.

This is a smart move by Newcastle, personally I think its a ploy to force our hand at releasing Brooks. If Hastings does go there's still no guarantee Brooks re-signs here, so we could be left empty handed with nothing to show for it, at least at the moment we have Brooks as a bargaining chip to get something we might need out of Newcastle. This is a very smart move by Newcastle, interesting to see how it unfolds.

For the first time in living memory we have had our salary cap in better shape than most other clubs, now all the advantage we had is out the window as every club will have a stack more cap space. Peter V keeps delivering for the big clubs
I don't see how that works.

If our cap is in better shape than most other clubs, now it's in better shape +$2M. So we are still positioned to out-compete clubs that were close to their caps.

The real question is how clubs plan to spend the cap increase - whether anyone is going to try and use it to retain some top-level talent, or spread the money around their roster. Whichever way a club decides to spend, there will always be a disadvantage that can be exploited by Tigers.

For example Eels - imagine they now have $2M more to spend, which they could use to bump up Dylan Brown and Mitch Moses both. However teams with money to spend can still match and probably beat those bumps, because everyone has another $2M to spend. And if Eels instead went all-out to retain their stars, then it makes their middle, lower and junior rosters vulnerable to exploitation.

Back