Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Woods defends with as much heart as he showed as captain of our club... nothing. People say he's older and wiser, what he did was worse than Brasher and Morrison in the way he actively recruited for another club while captain of ours. That's not age, that's just someone who lacks integrity. If he'd had success elsewhere there's no way he'd be sniffing around here.

On top of that he plays the game like Tamou, pea hearted with self preservation and media speak as his main focus. We need players who rip in. The only thing JWH has over woods is heart and he's in a whole other class because of it.

Do not sign Woods.

Teddy would not leave roosters for tigers, I just can't see it. He's also the best fullback at the roosters and their captain and probably still the best player in the game. Roosters don't treat their players like that. Players like teddy don't leave the roosters.

Do not sign Woods.

It's so stupid right. I could handle Tedesco or Moses coming to us for train and trial contracts because they are actually good players and they deserve a chance to beg for forgiveness assuming they perform.

Woods though. It feels dirty.

Teddy would not leave roosters for tigers, I just can't see it. He's also the best fullback at the roosters and their captain and probably still the best player in the game. Roosters don't treat their players like that. Players like teddy don't leave the roosters.
You mean like how Pearce was still at the top of his game and got booted to Newcastle

Yeah, I can't see it either. But maybe there will be some romanticism if we can have Brooks and mitch there. He'll work with the roosters post career. He'd only come here close to his retirement.

We would be NO chance of suaili. South's could hold onto him, even with a contract. We have to be realistic.

I’m not the one to post information much but usually when I get told something depending on what it is I don’t mind sharing on here:

For what it’s worth, I know someone who works in membership at the tigers and apparently internally they’re working really really hard on getting Moses here well that’s the talk at least - for some reason (didn’t tell me why) they’re confident they have a good chance

However come next year November 1st, they’re turning there attention to Tedesco and they believe if they have both Moses and Brooks and maybe Woods (don’t know why) depending on how he goes they have a good chance at getting them with Benji’s first year as head coach in 2025 and having the band back together so to speak

It’s all leading to a massive pursuit in Tedesco and they wanna give both Moses, Brooks and Tedesco the pack we currently have and they believe that’s a premiership winning side with Api/Simpkin (btw a lot of wraps on Simpkin lately) guiding them around

Main priority is getting Moses cause without Moses the pursuit of Tedesco gets more difficult, however they believe the way Joey Manu has been playing at fullback and the rise of Suaalli they’ll be willing to drop off on a 32 year old Tedesco and if he was to go anywhere it’d be back with us

Also, he reckons Woods is a massive chance (didn’t tell me if it’s official) with Benji being the main catalyst as he knows more than anyone what it feels like to be in Wood’s spot and wants to give him a chance to return like he had when Ivan came - the theme within seems to be building an identity of former players and brining back a hunger to play for the jersey - he said nothing is official yet as they’re looking at all options before committing to giving him a roster spot but seemed confident it’ll get done

I for one don’t hate the plan... guess it all depends on how we do next year if we can play some competitive football the ability to get both Moses and Tedesco back will gain more momentum
Thank you Teddy23
I love the plan
In sheens/Benji/Robbie we trust
Cannot wait to see the tigers brand of “flare footy” again… it’s been too long and painful

Reactions: 851
I’m not the one to post information much but usually when I get told something depending on what it is I don’t mind sharing on here:

For what it’s worth, I know someone who works in membership at the tigers and apparently internally they’re working really really hard on getting Moses here well that’s the talk at least - for some reason (didn’t tell me why) they’re confident they have a good chance

However come next year November 1st, they’re turning there attention to Tedesco and they believe if they have both Moses and Brooks and maybe Woods (don’t know why) depending on how he goes they have a good chance at getting them with Benji’s first year as head coach in 2025 and having the band back together so to speak

It’s all leading to a massive pursuit in Tedesco and they wanna give both Moses, Brooks and Tedesco the pack we currently have and they believe that’s a premiership winning side with Api/Simpkin (btw a lot of wraps on Simpkin lately) guiding them around

Main priority is getting Moses cause without Moses the pursuit of Tedesco gets more difficult, however they believe the way Joey Manu has been playing at fullback and the rise of Suaalli they’ll be willing to drop off on a 32 year old Tedesco and if he was to go anywhere it’d be back with us

Also, he reckons Woods is a massive chance (didn’t tell me if it’s official) with Benji being the main catalyst as he knows more than anyone what it feels like to be in Wood’s spot and wants to give him a chance to return like he had when Ivan came - the theme within seems to be building an identity of former players and brining back a hunger to play for the jersey - he said nothing is official yet as they’re looking at all options before committing to giving him a roster spot but seemed confident it’ll get done

I for one don’t hate the plan... guess it all depends on how we do next year if we can play some competitive football the ability to get both Moses and Tedesco back will gain more momentum
I am not knocking anything you have said but the thing I like in all of that is

.......WE HAVE A PLAN ABOUT TIME ....

Taylor Madge Cleary it just seemed like musical chairs what ever happened just roll with it like average Joes no hassles it's ok more about protecting the job then planning and taking a risk

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not knocking anything you have said but the thing I like in all of that is

.......WE HAVE A PLAN ABOUT TIME ....

Taylor Madge Cleary it just seemed like musical chairs what ever happened just roll with it like average Joes no hassles it's ok more about protecting the job then planning and taking a risk

I think if the plan is to have a spine of Api, Moses, Brooks and Tedesco in 2025 its a terrible plan. That would be close to the oldest spine ever. It's literally having one shot at it, and if we miss it's a big rebuild trying to find 4 youngsters to take over.

I would be leaving Tedesco out of it unless he came immediately. He will be tooold and battered by 2025/26

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't put it past the roosters to move teddy on if they really fear Jospeh leaving
The Rooster's take no prisoners they are cut throat have you ever heard Ricky Stuart talk about being loyal to the player's when he was at the Rooster's in 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 he was blamed for 2005 and 2006 results for being to loyal to the player's and that's from Gus and uncle Nick he should have cut the older players and bring in fresh blood

Reactions: 851
I think if the plan is to have a spine of Api, Moses, Brooks and Tedesco in 2025 its a terrible plan. That would be close to the oldest spine ever. It's literally having one shot at it, and if we miss it's a big rebuild trying to find 4 youngsters to take over.

I would be leaving Tedesco out of it unless he came immediately. He will be tooold and battered by 2025/26
Good plan or bad plan we have a plan teddy would most likely be on 1 leg then your right but you never know how things play out maybe we find a new young fullback

Latest posts

Members online

Back