Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well, Earl I havent even considered the political angel. I do know that if you have high expectations of yourself than others are more likely to do the same. Ask for $900k and get $700k, is still a pay rise. Im not interested in politics in the workplace or socially. I like my social intercourse to have no hidden agendas.
Nothing like good intercourse I seek it regularly

It's a catch 22 with Hastings. Him telling where the forwards had to be and barking orders was needed because they were just going through the motions and needed a kick up the backside. After a few rounds though it started to get annoying tbh. He was touching the ball a ridiculous amount of times but it was becoming predictable to defences and I think he needed to back off more. Laurie and the hookers should of got more involved to be honest but they didn't. Moving forward I think it was the right decision to move Hastings on for the future. The fact we got a massive post contact eating front rower is just a cherry on top.

In 2024 I hope that we have new halves to be fair. Unless Douhie or Brooks shows something.
Agree Sean. And the apparent love being shown for AD was amazing. I don't know if it was this particular guy's opinion . . . or if he was expressing more or less what the vibe was out of Concord . . . but AD was being talked up deluxe.
All the while remembering that my sump nut crush washer might be fatigued, so my oil mightn't be any good.
This is my first crack at seeing how far I can pee, so be gentle. :cool:

Theres NOBODY in the NRL more "predictable"than Luke Brooks turning the ball back inside to a heavily marked forward only to get smashed the moment Luke gets within two metres of the defence line!!
Sure,Hastings had his deficiencies...but vs the alternative we kept?
I just dont get it

Yeh coaching would have nothing to do with that, madge, JT.

Did ok with Ivan.

Hard for a player to say screw you coach I am playing my own game.

I Started
Well, Earl I havent even considered the political angel. I do know that if you have high expectations of yourself than others are more likely to do the same. Ask for $900k and get $700k, is still a pay rise. Im not interested in politics in the workplace or socially. I like my social intercourse to have no hidden agendas.
I started reading this forum regularly from about 2009 and I have been scratching my brain to remember anyone using social intercourse in any topic in any sentence ever so well done hats off 📴

Buzz 🍷

SHEENS’ SECRET BROWN TALKS
Tim Sheens has secretly met Parramatta Eels forward Nathan Brown as he looks to further strengthen Wests Tigers’ pack.

The pair were spotted having a coffee at Bar Biscotti in Strathfield on Wednesday.

Brown is under contract to the Eels next season but was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs midway through last season.

He was not used by coach Brad Arthur at the back end of the season until finally getting a start in the 17-man grand final squad.

Wests Tigers have already strengthened their pack with the additions of Dave Klemmer, Isaiah Papali’i and hooker Api Koroisau.

Adding Brown, 29, would leave them with one of the more experienced forward packs in the comp.

Brown would play at lock, the position originally earmarked for Jackson Hastings before he quit the club to play halfback for Newcastle Knights.

Buzz 🍷

SHEENS’ SECRET BROWN TALKS
Tim Sheens has secretly met Parramatta Eels forward Nathan Brown as he looks to further strengthen Wests Tigers’ pack.

The pair were spotted having a coffee at Bar Biscotti in Strathfield on Wednesday.

Brown is under contract to the Eels next season but was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs midway through last season.

He was not used by coach Brad Arthur at the back end of the season until finally getting a start in the 17-man grand final squad.

Wests Tigers have already strengthened their pack with the additions of Dave Klemmer, Isaiah Papali’i and hooker Api Koroisau.

Adding Brown, 29, would leave them with one of the more experienced forward packs in the comp.

Brown would play at lock, the position originally earmarked for Jackson Hastings before he quit the club to play halfback for Newcastle Knights.
How does Brown fit in with guys like Klemmer, Stefano, Pole, Papali'i, Matamua, Blore, Twal and an incoming Bateman?

How does Brown fit in with guys like Klemmer, Stefano, Pole, Papali'i, Matamua, Blore, Twal and an incoming Bateman?

Brown and matamua would be similar roles 13. Brown would be to have some experience and not rush matamua.

Matamua could possibly still have a bench spot and replace Brown.

Think of Brown as Hastings replacement

Klemmer with both Bateman and Brown are the forwards Sheens are reportedly looking at or already have signed..... anyone see any similarities all tough workhorses with experience for our young crop with a lot of mongrel - you can tell they’re trying to change the culture and I for one love it

Put the trust in Sheens... he knows this game inside and out

These kids aren’t ready for week to week first grade yet and these mature players we are buying arnt up to 27 rounds of nrl any more it’s the perfect match. Were not gonna have the same starting 17 all year around. People get injured every year these kids will get a go at some point don’t worry about that

Klemmer with both Bateman and Brown are the forwards Sheens are reportedly looking at or already have signed..... anyone see any similarities all tough workhorses with experience for our young crop with a lot of mongrel - you can tell they’re trying to change the culture and I for one love it

Put the trust in Sheens... he knows this game inside and out

You'd think brown would put Woods rumour to bed too.

Really dont see what Brown brings to the roster tbh...weve now got plenty of experience...he doesnt have ball playing skills...plus he;s pretty bustedgotta figure we'd be better off with one of Offa or the young guns at 13,and using the spot for someone who can make a difference?

For me ad needs to do what is best for the team. He missed most of the year with a busted knee the club stuck by him. I don’t recall him once comming out and backing the club saying there is good times ahead and I’m looking forward to repaying them for backing me. all you hear is him demanding to play 5/8 and asking a ridiculous price of $800 000 a year after playing 7 or so games this year and missing no joke 20 tackles that led to try’s. I’m a fan of him and think he can be a great 5/8 and he has a lot of potential but I just wish he would vocally back this club and say I’ll play where ever Is best for the team.
To add to your post, Shawn Blore did his ACL then basically apologised to the fans. Asked them to stick with him. What a stand-up guy.

1669454776722.png
1669454880156.png

Really dont see what Brown brings to the roster tbh...weve now got plenty of experience...he doesnt have ball playing skills...plus he;s pretty bustedgotta figure we'd be better off with one of Offa or the young guns at 13,and using the spot for someone who can make a difference?
Yeah not sure either. Technically we don't have a lock. Can understand him playing first half a year and bring a young player through after that.

A 1 year deal would work.

Disagree to be honest, I think he brings aggression and experience.
I think Klemmer is a better example of both of those but Brown will still offer something to the younger guys if he comes, I think.

He played 20 out of a possible 28 games this season so I don't think he's busted.

And I reckon he's actually a very good ball-player, he was almost playing as a third half if you watched him for Italy at the World Cup.

Played Origin only a couple years ago too.

I don't think he was becoming predictable, we "beat" the Cowboys and Broncos, then he was injured. That's when we became predictable.

The switch to the ball distributing lock role for those games is what halted the predictability.

Liked Hastings in that role, though it seems that him being nullified withi a month and nullifying the team in the halfback role weren't the only reasons that he was let go.

Hope that he can get past the area/s of his personality that hold him back.

Latest posts

Back