Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A vastly different successful roster at South's that even if AD was the most confident player in the league - was never in a position to demand anything. To be fair if you have ambition at this club and a short window to achieve it can you blame any player who sees himself as a half/5/8 trying to understand why one player has been given the benefit of the doubt for years with no success in his preferred position yet others are vilified for wanting a crack?
I'd be doing the same thing. Just alluding to the vast difference in culture between two clubs.

I'd be doing the same thing. Just alluding to the vast difference in culture between two clubs.

I don't agree with this. Some people try to control the outcome via playing politics. Some people go out and work hard and do their best.

Some people are intrinsically motivated and some aren't.

I'm intrinsically motivated and I don't play politics. AD appears to be of the opposite persuasion.

It's cool in that people are different but people who are into politics and recognition irritate me.

I was a tech lead years ago and this project manager came in to manage us who was like semi-retired. I reckon he was awesome because all he wanted to do was deliver the project and he took no crap. So many other people were just playing politics to try and earn more money.

Well, a guy at poker last night knows Farah apparently . . . . and he said that our halves are sorted . . . AD and Brooks.
Also said that Hastings had a way to grate people the wrong way, thinking he knew best all the time and he wanted things done his way. Everyone grew tired of him fairly quickly.
Think of that what you will, but there are some dots there that connect.
How good is my oil ? I'd say a semi-synthetic 5W-30, mid price range.
How come u didn’t ask about Bateman 🤔🥴👍

Well, a guy at poker last night knows Farah apparently . . . . and he said that our halves are sorted . . . AD and Brooks.
Also said that Hastings had a way to grate people the wrong way, thinking he knew best all the time and he wanted things done his way. Everyone grew tired of him fairly quickly.
It's a catch 22 with Hastings. Him telling where the forwards had to be and barking orders was needed because they were just going through the motions and needed a kick up the backside. After a few rounds though it started to get annoying tbh. He was touching the ball a ridiculous amount of times but it was becoming predictable to defences and I think he needed to back off more. Laurie and the hookers should of got more involved to be honest but they didn't. Moving forward I think it was the right decision to move Hastings on for the future. The fact we got a massive post contact eating front rower is just a cherry on top.

In 2024 I hope that we have new halves to be fair. Unless Douhie or Brooks shows something.

It's a catch 22 with Hastings. Him telling where the forwards had to be and barking orders was needed because they were just going through the motions and needed a kick up the backside. After a few rounds though it started to get annoying tbh. He was touching the ball a ridiculous amount of times but it was becoming predictable to defences and I think he needed to back off more. Laurie and the hookers should of got more involved to be honest but they didn't. Moving forward I think it was the right decision to move Hastings on for the future. The fact we got a massive post contact eating front rower is just a cherry on top.

In 2024 I hope that we have new halves to be fair. Unless Douhie or Brooks shows something.
I don't think he was becoming predictable, we "beat" the Cowboys and Broncos, then he was injured. That's when we became predictable.

I don't think he was becoming predictable, we "beat" the Cowboys and Broncos, then he was injured. That's when we became predictable.
He rarely ran the ball. Off the dummy half he would run to the line turn to outside and either out the back or back into the front rower running on. When he ran it was slow. His short kicking game was pretty good but his long game wasn't.

To be fair Brooks and Douhie went doing much.

I don't know. I just don't find and of our halves very exciting.

So there should be some fun in the sheds at the Knights next year with AOB and the personalities in that squad.

Joffa is in the side for sure.. but we've got this passionate West tigers player .. who's a pretty good footballer.. but through whatever circumstance hasn't quite found his niche..as yet.. maybe it's lock.. but in my opinion he's too good to leave out of our 17 with the current roster for 2023
Joffa first man picked always puts in most consistent player this year give him a solid 6.5 to 7.5 out of ten each game this year

I don't agree with this. Some people try to control the outcome via playing politics. Some people go out and work hard and do their best.

Some people are intrinsically motivated and some aren't.

I'm intrinsically motivated and I don't play politics. AD appears to be of the opposite persuasion.

It's cool in that people are different but people who are into politics and recognition irritate me.

I was a tech lead years ago and this project manager came in to manage us who was like semi-retired. I reckon he was awesome because all he wanted to do was deliver the project and he took no crap. So many other people were just playing politics to try and earn more money.
Well, Earl I havent even considered the political angel. I do know that if you have high expectations of yourself than others are more likely to do the same. Ask for $900k and get $700k, is still a pay rise. Im not interested in politics in the workplace or socially. I like my social intercourse to have no hidden agendas.

Joffa first man picked always puts in most consistent player this year give him a solid 6.5 to 7.5 out of ten each game this year
Yeah..he had a good year last year.. he'll be a great influence on the juniors coming through.. hopefully AD can find his best place in the team because he's got some talent..

Those wins where at 13 tho.

He did a good job on the ball probably struggled with the tough stuff tho.

Theres NOBODY in the NRL more "predictable"than Luke Brooks turning the ball back inside to a heavily marked forward only to get smashed the moment Luke gets within two metres of the defence line!!
Sure,Hastings had his deficiencies...but vs the alternative we kept?
I just dont get it

Theres NOBODY in the NRL more "predictable"than Luke Brooks turning the ball back inside to a heavily marked forward only to get smashed the moment Luke gets within two metres of the defence line!!
Sure,Hastings had his deficiencies...but vs the alternative we kept?
I just dont get it
Yeah they are both not good enough for a top 6 side.

At the end of the day if we had to pay half Brooks freight then it wasn't a good deal for us.

We won't win the comp this year so let Brooks play and just don't give him another deal. Douhie and Laurie play for another deal.

Back