Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Gould is quoted as saying he never underpays a player.
Seems to buy good faith in players and makes them want to be under him. Tigers and eels are always looking for that sneaky deal.
We do two things, undercut, or go way over.
Leb, I have another leb mate who says same thing about Moses.

So what you are saying is we are $200k/$250k above dogs per annum? And he still hasn’t signed with us?

If that’s correct we’re done.

LM &Munster 2.0

So what you are saying is we are $200k/$250k above dogs per annum? And he still hasn’t signed with us?

LM &Munster 2.0
Let’s be real we were never a chance of getting munster 😂

That isnt how I remember it.

I remenber there was a scandal that eels undercut him and offered him 400 or 450. Then came back at 500 whereas the dogs came in with a no BS up front offer. I distinctly recall journalists reporting that that why Mhoney was impressed, dogs went stright for the jugular.
Eels offer was 3 yrs at $450Dogs was 4 yrs at $650
Also Burton offered a upgraded 4 yr for $3.7m

LM &Munster 2.0
Honestly us not signing moses does not mean were done.
Cmon were tigers Fans. Clubs worst halves pairing Moses + Brooks! We damn well know this.

Were done because our rep is crap. Players see us as the next spoon.

Also, odd for WT to be compaired to Parra. I see Parra as having good players but having Money hungry players like Gutho, Moses and Matterson. Other then Doueihi and Nofo dont see the same at the WT.

Instead i see Brooks and a bunch of players getting stupid overs and long term contracts on low performance.

It took Brad Arthur 4 years + to rebuild Parra. Were in for the same ride.

Honestly us not signing moses does not mean were done.
Cmon were tigers Fans. Clubs worst halves pairing Moses + Brooks! We damn well know this.

Were done because our rep is crap. Players see us as the next spoon.

Also, odd for WT to be compaired to Parra. I see Parra as having good players but having Money hungry players like Gutho, Moses and Matterson. Other then Doueihi and Nofo dont see the same at the WT.

Instead i see Brooks and a bunch of players getting stupid overs and long term contracts on low performance.

It took Brad Arthur 4 years + to rebuild Parra. Were in for the same ride.
You just invalidated any right to an adult opinion by suggesting non-tacklers Douehi & Nofa are our "good players"!!

With 3rd Party it is probably more. Was speaking to someone high up at the Storm a few weeks back and the Bulldogs are using alot of 3rd Party deals to secure profile players as those deals provide multiple benefits now/future to some players.
I've heard the same from a good source, Laundy will buy a premiership. I was told the Dogs official offer for MM wasn't much more than the Eels but the extras will most likely be too good to refuse.
Also Corey Allen was paid out to go to the Roosters. Bet that doesn't appear on the salary cap.

Isn't he a WT fan? Wish he could have done that for us.
I've heard the same from a good source, Laundy will buy a premiership. I was told the Dogs official offer for MM wasn't much more than the Eels but the extras will most likely be too good to refuse.
Also Corey Allen was paid out to go to the Roosters. Bet that doesn't appear on the salary capIn

You just invalidated any right to an adult opinion by suggesting non-tacklers Douehi & Nofa are our "good players"!!

Just a friendly reminder... Our club re-signed this "non-tackler" Nofo, as a Winger at 29 Years of age to a 5 year contract at 500k per year!
If I don't have a right to an adult opinion, Who on earth are the toddlers running this show!

To clarify what I said. "I see Parra as having good players but having Money hungry players like Gutho, Moses and Matterson. Other then Doueihi and Nofo dont see the same at the WT."
I was highlighting that Gutho, Moses, etc were Money Hungry grubs. I see Doueihi and Nofo in that boat. True I lumped them with actual good players like Moses and Instagram above. Yes, fair point their not good players who are money hungry grubs.

Who are our "Good" players then?

Brent Naden? -- I see him starting at Center or wing in many teams.
I want to say Daine Laurie, I think the kid has potential and talent. Being honest though not many teams would take him at Fullback or 5/8.
^Hitting the bottom of the barrel here.

Everyone we have brought this season in the hopes they won't tank like everyone we have brought over here? Sure Api, Paps and Klemmer are good on paper, they haven't taken the field with us.

2023 is going to be a long year.

I was highlighting that Gutho, Moses, etc were Money Hungry grubs. I see Doueihi and Nofo in that boat.

2023 is going to be a long year.

Disagree CCat.

Nofoaluma was one of the only marketable players atbthe time he resigned.

AD is recognised by commentators etc as one of our best players. A hard worker and apparently loyal. I don't blame him for looking across at others on bigger salaries and asking for an upgrade.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back