Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We've been doing the same thing. Released a heap of trash this off season.
Allan being on over 500k though, and they'd still be paying a fair chunk of his salary next season.
Yea i read somewhere a few weeks ago they were offering to pay at least 50% of his contract - no takers at the time so who knows how much they will carry now.

Ok guys if the toss of the coin doesn't go our way, who should the club invest time into recruiting for the halves for '24 with our bag of cash?

George Williams, Jack Wighton or Dylan Brown OR the best of Laurie/Doeuihi and go all out for RTS or Jack Welsby as fullback.

#ContingencyPlanning
Williams had a couple decent games for England, if you watch the super league he was one of the worst halves in that comp and his team had some big name players, he’s not what we need going forward.

Ok guys if the toss of the coin doesn't go our way, who should the club invest time into recruiting for the halves for '24 with our bag of cash?

George Williams, Jack Wighton or Dylan Brown OR the best of Laurie/Doeuihi and go all out for RTS or Jack Welsby as fullback.

#ContingencyPlanning
Wighton is no better than AD. He's a bit quicker but doesn't have the long ball or spiral bomb in his arsenal

Bateman no confirmed from last report I read
Woods not coming hear says it was all made up rumours
Moses , club probably have a go at him but do not think he comes I think he stays at slugs
AD. Starts year at 5/8. And signs on later in the year with Tigers
Pappi , Appi , Klemmer all have good years and breath life back into Tigers
Pole , Blore both have great seasons

Um, Jack is about a 473 times better defender than AD

The stats state something else.

Doueihi 87% tackle efficiency and Wighton 85.6%.

800k, 850k, 550k, 250k, 1mil, 700k, 900k, 1.2 mil puts them over 6 million for that bunch alone. Half the cap at least on a handful of players.
Mahoney= 600
Kikau=800
Sutton=500
Pele=200
Burton=Unsigned yet but romoured 800.
JAC=550
tpj=750
Moses=1.1 if they land him.

5.3 mil for top 8.

Then you have RFM=400
Davey=220
King =300
6.225 TOP 10
Add in 8 min wagers and thats 7.3 mil over 19 players. 11 amongst 3.7 mil averages out just over 320k left per player.
If RFM is long service then its an extra 200k.

It’ll be gone with time mate.

All our fans (including myself) in their early 20’s and younger have only ever been alive since we’ve been a merged club.

They don’t care and this issue will forever become less and less relevant as time goes on.
twenty years time we might finally get our act together and have juniors and leagues clubs all branded as wests tigers

Mahoney is on more than 600k, I'm almost certain it's more than 700k....
Parra had 3 cracks at him, And the Dogs just upped the money 50-100k every time they went back.

With 3rd Party it is probably more. Was speaking to someone high up at the Storm a few weeks back and the Bulldogs are using alot of 3rd Party deals to secure profile players as those deals provide multiple benefits now/future to some players.

Reactions: 851
Back