Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just seems to be history repeating with the delay and back and forth from him and his uncle. If he really wanted to come would constantly topping the offer up make any diffrence, he either wants to be a Tiger or doesn't. Even if he does come across, he is the biggest diva in the game.
He’s been off contract/free to negotiate for 6 weeks, and most of that time he’s been on holidays. It’s hardly been a drawn out back and forth.

Gee,

For a while there with all the signing hopes I was dreaming semis next year.

Been to quiet so I hope things haven't fell through.

sorry folks,i don t speak often,but i run off at the mouth when i do ,ex WT player Ben Jeffries,Cowboys (Girls) coach is talking up poaching ESL players from the Ladies league over there,he was the coach of the PNG Womans side,,Roosters womans coach was also there (john Strange}looking to trade players,?,
What does this have to do with NRL or Wests Tigers?

Is there an NRLW thread this can go into?

Gus did say that the leading up to Christmas should be exciting for the bulldogs fans.. so they got him?

Wow.

MM to then Flanno - geez talk about getting a clubs rejects whilst they beat us to the primary target.

Flanno game style isn't suited to Sheens/Benji style. He is basically a Hastings model but smaller & takes the line on alot less. He isn't an attacking minded half.

- Flanno isn't a setup/controller, he needs structure setup for him to then benefit from things.
- He isn't a runner of the ball. He isn't an organiser and is more of a link man which in Sheens mould doesn't work, Sheens wants his halves to take the line on & play what's infront of them.
- If we look at basic stats over 60+ games he is a 35% try assist & 30% Line Drop merchant per game which is less than Brooks by a gap and he touches the ball more than Brooks per game. His effectiveness rating in an attacking style isn't high.
- His upside is in defence where he has 50% less misses than Brooks despite his attempts being similar over last 3yrs.

Honestly if we are looking at Flanno it should only be as a backup low cost option which I couldn't see happening. We would be better off keeping Brooks/AD as our halves options.

Media loves WT
Re MM, we keep quiet for a change - it doesn't matter.
They report it because it suits their agenda (clicks) :
1. If we sign MM we have paid huge overs and they spend months on that
2. We don't sign MM and we have missed out AGAIN because no-one wants to go to the club in crisis - and they spend months on that

Its a win- win for the gutter crawlers.

Wow.

MM to then Flanno - geez talk about getting a clubs rejects whilst they beat us to the primary target.

Flanno game style isn't suited to Sheens/Benji style. He is basically a Hastings model but smaller & takes the line on alot less. He isn't an attacking minded half.

- Flanno isn't a setup/controller, he needs structure setup for him to then benefit from things.
- He isn't a runner of the ball. He isn't an organiser and is more of a link man which in Sheens mould doesn't work, Sheens wants his halves to take the line on & play what's infront of them.
- If we look at basic stats over 60+ games he is a 35% try assist & 30% Line Drop merchant per game which is less than Brooks by a gap and he touches the ball more than Brooks per game. His effectiveness rating in an attacking style isn't high.
- His upside is in defence where he has 50% less misses than Brooks despite his attempts being similar over last 3yrs.

Honestly if we are looking at Flanno it should only be as a backup low cost option which I couldn't see happening. We would be better off keeping Brooks/AD as our halves options.
Flanagan is outright useless. If he didn't have a famous name and hadn't once jagged a ridiculous contract from a club that ought to know better he'd have been out of first grade two years ago, most probably playing for a second-tier club in England. If we sign him I will be absolutely livid - talk about making the club a laughing stock.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back