Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I hope we have a plan B , mine would be two pommies , Williams and Welby, now if we have offered Moses $1.2 million , I would offer Williams $800,000 and welby $650,000 that’s $1.45 million so for $250,000 we get two players , just my plan B
Some concerns here. How old is Williams now? All players lift , when playing for their country, how was his regular form ? Remember. this is a slow build ! We are aiming for 2025 . we don't want players past their best , when we get in the position to try for the top 8 .

Just a follow up;. Half a dozen new stars arrive on the scene every year. 3 years ago most of the current young stars, Burton, Lui, Paps,Hynes, and many more were not mentioned or around. By 2025 our objective year, there will be a whole new range of talent on the market.
We must be careful , we do not want a roster filled with ageing players , and not have the money or cap space to buy others.

I hope we have a plan B , mine would be two pommies , Williams and Welby, now if we have offered Moses $1.2 million , I would offer Williams $800,000 and welby $650,000 that’s $1.45 million so for $250,000 we get two players , just my plan B

Man I'd nearly rather these two than MM. Welsby's a weapon both love a cutout pass,follow the
play,speed,direct play.

How can it be improved?
I started writing a spiel and it was all dribble.

We either recruit better players or we just have the 4 of them fight it out it for the 3 positions. Maybe you can try Doueihi at lock but I don't like the idea. He isn't a ball player like Hastings was. He is a runner with poor defense.

Maybe one of them will prove they are high caliber NRL players over the course of the season but I don't have much confidence in our spine for next season.

Recruiting Moses or Welsby would mean we have 4 players into two positions and at least that way there is more competition for those key roles but I'm not sure there is a huge difference between them.

And you will never know the difference. So my point is - why bother to worry? You will never know for sure if it's a club leak or just media BS. It's probably media BS even if it involves a club leak.
True - but when all/most media outlets report something similar then you have to assume they haven’t all had the same cognition without it coming from somewhere.

I only worry (more so annoys) bc I think it hurts our brand whilst we’re in the rebuilding phase.

But agree with your points.

Media loves WT
Re MM, we keep quiet for a change - it doesn't matter.
They report it because it suits their agenda (clicks) :
1. If we sign MM we have paid huge overs and they spend months on that
2. We don't sign MM and we have missed out AGAIN because no-one wants to go to the club in crisis - and they spend months on that

Its a win- win for the gutter crawlers.
We should never pander to media scum. We owe these creeps zip!

This is better but we need Moses and it is probably unlikely. I wonder if Doueihi is better than Laurie and Staines at fullback though.
Doueihi has been placed at fullback, 5/8 or lock in three different posts! It probably sums up where he is in the squad - a utlity without having secured a position (as was the case at Souths).

This is better but we need Moses and it is probably unlikely. I wonder if Doueihi is better than Laurie and Staines at fullback though.
Well Doueihi was awful at fullback, and it's a position that requires speed , i think the Tigers have already passed on that idea. Laurie, tried hard and was better, but not great. Stains has the size, and speed , and some experience and looks promising. It's a position that is critical, and if the above fail, it has to be the main aim of recruitment ,after sorting out the halves.

Latest posts

Members online

Back