Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Great read here on Ben Houston's train and trial deal with the team. Randwick Rugby club captain and top tackler. 196cm and 104kg. Could be a diamond in the rough, time will tell but he's "training the house down".

The only comment on the article says - "Super Rugby clubs are silly not to pick him up - easily best player in the Shute Shield."

I have zero expectations for this guy. I believe he’s too tall for league and of wants to have an impact he needs to be heavier - more around 115kg.

The guy will be all legs so easy to bring down. Union boys can’t defend.
Hmmm

Issah Yeo is 106kg and 195 cm - probably lots of others as well with similar stats
Also one of the best defensive forwards I have seen was Ray Price

So I think we wait and see what this guys does - I watched him play twice last year for Randwick and he is a quality player with a big heart

I honestly think Moses will stay with Parra. Even with their losses, they've just come off a grand final, if Hodgson stays fit for them they'll still do OK next year. Canterbury will throw the chequebook at him as they desperately need a 7.

I think in the three horse race we're definitely well behind.

Hmmm

Issah Yeo is 106kg and 195 cm - probably lots of others as well with similar stats

So I think we wait and see what this guys does - I watched him play twice last year for Randwick and he is a quality player with a big heart
Yeah time will tell if he's more Yeo or Seyfarth

Couple of the indigenous kids look alright. There's some tanks in the forwards. TT looks great. Might be his year, training with the backs. It's a big backline if we've got TT, Naden, Ken, Tupou. Naden is very quick too. Didn't sight AJ. Bula though, he's a star athlete. If he can play footy he could be anything. Bloke can fly I reckon. I can see why AD and Laurie need to earn their extensions because there's some great young athletes there.
I see Bula in the Folau type mould. Big, strong, and fairly fast. He doesn't have any ball skills though, and doesn't communicate much. Which is why he's a winger for the foreseeable future.

Hmmm

I hope he is. But the expectations of a second rower in league and Union are so different. League second rowers aren’t tall enough to play league. League second rowers are more athletic than Union second rowers.

Brad Thorne is the exception to the rule and in my opinion is the most successful dual international of all time. Reason being he played in the second row in both games and what he achieved.

Hopefully this bloke is Brad Thorne MkII

Interesting trivia off topic. The crowd when Parra won their first comp was 57333. Turn that upside down.
Interesting fact that. I wonder if they slightly fudged the crowd numbers to achieve that result.

One thing you can't dispute is that it took them 34 years to win their first premiership but it has been longer than that since they won their last.

Mitch Moses will probably be a very old man when they win their next.

Back