Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I get what Elias is saying about Mitch staying , but I think out of us and The slimmers over the next couple years I see up finishing above them from season 23 , singing with us would be better , I think there will be a few clubs drop unexpectedly, I throw in the panthers , runners up then winners , I see them still very competitive but no GF for them next year , Eels and Panthers shock drops , if we sign Bateman I think we go top 8 with Brooks and AD in the half’s , letttss goo
Cleary and the Panthers are going to miss Api big time.

Cleary and the Panthers are going to miss Api big time.
No doubt he’s a loss but they are perfectly set up for a young talent like Soni Luke to come in, with solid player Mitch Kenny as a mentor. Hard to see them falling out of the top 2-4.

Since Benji wants MM it's a good thing the club went hard for him......gotta keep the assistant and future coach happy.

But given Mitchell's friendships and club connections he should have committed to our club by now with offer tabled.

The club should just pull the offer now.

He's tanking already.

No doubt he’s a loss but they are perfectly set up for a young talent like Soni Luke to come in, with solid player Mitch Kenny as a mentor. Hard to see them falling out of the top 2-4.
Soni Luke is 27 next year, and extremely average.

He was with us a few years ago and didn’t even come close to getting a look in at first grade.

I don’t understand how he benefits anymore than just letting them sign anywhere? Doesn’t the agent get a cut of the contract fullstop? Is there some extra club payment if multiple players from the same management company are signed at one club? Doesn’t make sense to me but maybe I’m missing something…..
He is notorious for stacking his players in one club, he was Woods, Moses, Tedesco and Brooks manager. He is also Seibolds manager while he was at Brisbane, he had about 12 Broncos players in his stable at that time. Isaac tries to flood squads with players he is the manager of to wield influence over the clubs at contract time. He uses the fact he can shop huge chunks of a negotiating teams squads around as a threat to try and intimidate them. He is slime. He caused us to lose our brightest three players in a generation because our board were to blind to see what he was doing. Up until Tedesco signed with the Roosters, they blacklisted him because of him shopping Mitchell Moses to them to start a bidding war with us so Mitchell could make more money, thing is Mitchell already told him prior that he wanted to stay and play with his mates before he approached the Roosters. He just does what he does to wield power and tries to set himself up to be influential.

Since Benji wants MM it's a good thing the club went hard for him......gotta keep the assistant and future coach happy.

But given Mitchell's friendships and club connections he should have committed to our club by now with offer tabled.

The club should just pull the offer now.

He's tanking already.
Has watched his good mate get kicked from pillar to post as WT marquee player on way too much money. Would have to have rocks in his head to walk into the same situation.

Soni Luke is 27 next year, and extremely average.

He was with us a few years ago and didn’t even come close to getting a look in at first grade.
At 26 he’s way older than I thought but still got plenty of years left as a hooker. Looked great in the reserve grade grand final. Sounds like he’s due some injury luck too.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned footy policies and training have been turned upside down. Positive measure will be results next year.
I'm just happy we will have a team again that will be encouraged to throw the ball around, the past three years made them look like u9s. The ball handling was atrocious alot of the time. Maybe because they were fatigued under the load of trying to get out of our own end, I'm not sure. But there were quite a few times we looked hideous. The errors were silly errors, like just dropping the ball cold, or throwing silly forward passes at the line, u9s stuff. Hopefully with more skills training and different game plan we can cut alot of that out.

I have no update on Moses, but having just read the Benny Elias article which has many of his quotes, I’d be worried if I were the Tigers….Elias is sowing the seed for a Tigers(and hopefully Dogs) rejection by Moses…a sort of soft landing….trust me Elias knows Which way Moses is going with his decision….the sooner a decision is told to the club the better…
Let him stay at Parra, he can slide down the ladder with them. Their premiership windows has slammed shut. Then hopefully they pay Brown 1 mil a year and screw up their cap for 5 years.

I'm just happy we will have a team again that will be encouraged to throw the ball around, the past three years made them look like u9s. The ball handling was atrocious alot of the time. Maybe because they were fatigued under the load of trying to get out of our own end, I'm not sure. But there were quite a few times we looked hideous. The errors were silly errors, like just dropping the ball cold, or throwing silly forward passes at the line, u9s stuff. Hopefully with more skills training and different game plan we can cut alot of that out.
If a team can’t do the basics you can’t ask them to do the skilful, particularly with no go forward. Our cattle has been limited to say the least.

If a team can’t do the basics you can’t ask them to do the skilful, particularly with no go forward. Our cattle has been limited to say the least.
I agree, I think if we can get our pack to even match the opposition we can start using the ball more, last few years we've had no room to move and the players have been used as battering rams.

I agree, I think if we can get our pack to even match the opposition we can start using the ball more, last few years we've had no room to move and the players have been used as battering rams.
Agree. In those games against Souths and Parra that we won, our forwards were competitive and it gave our halves something to build off. Need to use that as a blueprint.

We’ll see mate.

I agree with you though that I struggle to see them dropping too many places.

Too much quality everywhere else.
I think Mitch Kenny starts and holds the spot if they’re winning. Luke probably comes in if they have a dip in form.

Elias was my favourite player as a kid.

He killed Balmain with his toxic deals and got himself rich from our carcass. He constantly talks the club down in the media and pushes for us to move to Perth.

Pretty ugly when your own fans hate you. But that's Benny Elias.

Back