Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Moses ,Bateman I just don't believe as club would have said something by now
Brown possible as was unhappy at Parra but do we want him ?
I would love a center or two .like a Farnworth or a Best type

I expect to see this setup in the trials along with AD at 5/8 and Laurie at the back. For mine, putting the Moses saga aside for a moment, our strongest backline (with Sheen's likely playing style in mind), is:

FB: Staines
Wing: Nofa & Ken
Centre: AD & TT
5/8: Laurie
Half: Brooks

There is some depth in the centre/wing department and possibly Smith in the halves. I expect the reluctance to sign longer term deals/extensions for Staines, AD, Laurie and Brooks is a pretty clear indication that they either prove themselves or ship out. I'm happy with that approach given where we are coming from.

With two spots to fill, the Moses and Bateman fishing expedition along with several Train and Trial deals, doesn't leave much room for us to move in the signings area. If a couple of the Train and Trial contracts pan out we may have to jig the roster by releasing a some bed fillers after Christmas.

I love the silence from the club - confirms that the journos are just making shit up and gives us a better negotiating position. Bring on 2023!

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
Switch TT with Naden and thats worth a try

Moses ,Bateman I just don't believe as club would have said something by now
Brown possible as was unhappy at Parra but do we want him ?
I would love a center or two .like a Farnworth or a Best type
Do you remember our track record when the club has spoken publicly about potential signings? Not that great

It's quite strange really as I think if he was staying he would get it done to settle the club and fans. That would only help them with memberships and than focus on keeping D Brown etc..
Oh well time will tell
I totally agree could just be a managerial ploy to eeck every dollar out of Parra he can

To me it's not the upgraded pack.

It's "will we upgrade our culture and harden up".

At the start of the year, 2022 people were rating the tigers as a real possibility of doing well.
We got a great pack, but unless our training and development seriously hardens up. We will just see a great pack dip.

2023 will be the test of "will we HARDEN UP" or "GIVE UP". Lets see a good pack push to go great.
I don’t think you can upgrade a culture that quickly…especially one like ours that is built on failure.
I’m hoping the forwards drag the backs kicking and screaming into the finals but realistically think 13-10 is about where we’ll end up.

At the start of the year, 2022 people were rating the tigers as a real possibility of doing well.
We got a great pack, but unless our training and development seriously hardens up. We will just see a great pack dip.

2023 will be the test of "will we HARDEN UP" or "GIVE UP". Lets see a good pack push to go great.
Yep mate all that and skills.
You want good players wanting to play here. ^^^^

I think if we sign Nathan Brown & John Bateman we can make the semis. Fowards win matches and if we get them two we will have one of the best forward packs in the competition and that will help Luke Brooks and Adam Douiehi to improve their respective games have some faith in Sheensy he knows what he is doing.
Backs
Laurie
Nofoaluma
Staines
Naden
Maumalo
Douiehi (c)
Brooks
Forwards
Brown
Papali’i
Bateman
Ofahengaue
Koroisau
Klemmer
Bench
Smith
Blore
Pole
Stefano
smith is train and trial so he will not play till round 10

I dont know of anyone other than a few on here rating the Tigers as anything other than a bottom 4 team before 2022 season started. We went into 2022 with a coach with a rep of lacking a bit of creative nous but instills toughness into his team. If Madge couldnt 'harden up' the team Sheens wont. I think it was just a terrible forward pack made worse by injuries.
I think if we sign Nathan Brown & John Bateman we can make the semis. Fowards win matches and if we get them two we will have one of the best forward packs in the competition
Even with those two we will still be well short of one of the best forwards packs in the competition. We will still have no current tier one international or origin middle forwards. 7 of last years top 8 teams have at least 2 and a few clubs have 3.

I don’t think we will hear about signings until the new CBA and Salary Cap is agreed upon. No club, let alone player, is going to sign on when no one knows what the cap is going to be and how much they could be paid.

As much as I hate that we could be waiting for weeks or even months, it is the reality of a situation that is in flux.

Bateman may be announced at some point, but if things are being rejigged to fit in MM then they can’t lock in figures when there are no totals to base them on.

Happy to be shown to be wrong, but I wouldn’t be holding our breath for anything soon sadly.
Agree and on a serious note this NRL is a joke.. IT is supposed to be a professional League and they still have not made the SC final for this coming year when the players and clubs are already preparing for the new season. Bunch of Clowns TBH

I agree with all of the observations about Tupou. He definitely has a lot of natural ability with the potential to be a game breaker. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned more in the discussion about our first choice wingers. It's not as if we're brimming with speed, with the likes of Nofo and Ken being the obvious selections. A bit more work on his defence in Cup and he should be ripe for promotion.
That one game where he stepped outside 2-3 times was gold.

Honestly why wasn't there more? Looked like over coaching to me.

Because they are kids getting paid not much. It is almost necessary to have a local team for them to play for. You either completely forfeit the juniors in one of our area to focus on the other or you try to have them train and play from a central location. But, If you are asking them to travel to train then there is no incentive for them to choose our club over any other Sydney club.
By Flegg level you should have an idea of those that might be able to/want to pursue a career.
I think my point has been misconstrued.
I don’t have a problem with the 2 junior teams. And hopefully going forwards they do go on to form the bulk of the combined Flegg side.
My point was over the past 5 years the majority of players in Flegg were not from our junior Balmain and Wests SG ball teams but from other clubs recruited to start at our club from Flegg age.
That part I didn’t understand, was it an admission that our juniors weren’t good enough?

I think if we sign Nathan Brown & John Bateman we can make the semis. Fowards win matches and if we get them two we will have one of the best forward packs in the competition and that will help Luke Brooks and Adam Douiehi to improve their respective games have some faith in Sheensy he knows what he is doing.
Backs
Laurie
Nofoaluma
Staines
Naden
Maumalo
Douiehi (c)
Brooks
Forwards
Brown
Papali’i
Bateman