Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Exactly. Brooks playing 14 games at 7 last year for 14 defeats. He showed some ok signs playing at 6 but he was diabolical at 7.

I think we need an improvement on what Hastings delivered too but my god I can't see how anyone can be satisfied with Luke Brooks performance as halfback
Nobody is satisfied with Brooks performance at halfback. We simply see other issues. Guys who can’t catch, guys who don’t know where to stand from a drop out, guys who show no urgency, guys who turn it up after signing elsewhere, guys who get sin binned for stupidity. Perhaps those 14 losses weren’t on the halfback.

Was at a Xmas party tonight and I ran into a good friend of Michael Maguire man I have so much more respect for him now he got bent over hard by the Tigers and for him not to open his mouth he is a gentleman I wish him all the best and a few bits about Lee ..
Lee mite have to go for the Tigers to succeed
Lee is a narcissistic, egomaniac with no rugby league IQ.

He has found public fame in the Tigers Chairman position.

Good luck getting rid of him.

I am not sure why Hastings is copping so much on here.

He busted his guts for us and has a genuine footy IQ.

Speed is not a factor IF you give him a 6 who has speed and can play off the cuff footy.

And he will have that in Ponga.

I actually think they will be a great pairing as their skillsets combine well.

I have been a long term Brooks fan on here...watched him since Holy Cross.

But, facts are facts, he can barely string a sentence together and has shown no ability to understand the game. Cooper Cronk commented a couple of years back that Brooks went to the side of the field for an entire set once when our opp had 12 men. Never once went to the side that was short.

I like him, and will always support a Balmain kid.

But anyone expecting Brooksy to develop any sort of game managing IQ in year 10 or so of his career will be disappointed. Yet again.

We need, desperately, to find a game managing half from somewhere. I still can't quite fathom why we did not swap Brooks for big Klem. Finding a running 6 is a hell of a lot easier than a game managing 7, which we once again do not have...
Not much game management to do when your forwards can’t keep up and it’s 40 to shit at halftime.

Just looking at the Bryden's website, Lee is way more than just Wests Tigers;

His firm sponsors Wests Tigers, Newcastle Knights, Souths Rabbitohs, Western Suburbs Magpies, West Illawarra Devils, St Mary's Leagues Club, Kemps Creek United Soccer Club, Wenty Leagues, Milperra Colts, Mounties, Blacktown Workers, Giants PRL, Variety Charity, & Campbelltown Chamber of Commerce, among others.

Just looking at the Bryden's website, Lee is way more than just Wests Tigers;

His firm sponsors Wests Tigers, Newcastle Knights, Souths Rabbitohs, Western Suburbs Magpies, West Illawarra Devils, St Mary's Leagues Club, Kemps Creek United Soccer Club, Wenty Leagues, Milperra Colts, Mounties, Blacktown Workers, Giants PRL, Variety Charity, & Campbelltown Chamber of Commerce, among others.
And yet what do most people know his as - or when the media talk to him in what capacity do they interview him as?

Wests Tigers Chairman.

He sponsors those affiliations probably because he makes money out of sporting clubs from getting legal work.

Anyway - all I wish for is for he and Justin to take some accountability and say that if we don't make the finals in 2-3 yrs time they will resign.... instead of thinking that they're doing this great and noble job on all our behalf.

Was at a Xmas party tonight and I ran into a good friend of Michael Maguire man I have so much more respect for him now he got bent over hard by the Tigers and for him not to open his mouth he is a gentleman I wish him all the best and a few bits about Lee ..
Apart from being cringeworthy, the Tigertales doco gave us real insight into the Tigers dressing room…for me what stuck out is the shouting and screaming at players is old school, doesn’t work (apart for Bellamy)….Madge’s coaching methods do not resonate with this generation of footballers…he was well intended, but just could not deliver…

Lee 100% needs to go for the club to succeed!!

How can anyone think it is not a conflict of the interest for the Chairman to preside over decisions on sponsorship - when the club should be seeking to upgrade from Meriton to an actual national/international corporate brand????

Pascoe's reliance on Meriton sponsorship gifted Lee the Chair - but it also ensures we are the low-rent inbred second cousins of the real competitve NRL clubs!

I know the club is chasing Moses but when that fails, can anyone tell me who our backup halves will be?
Laurie is not a halfback or 5/8 so please do not say that and god help us if that is Sheens fall back plan (which would not surprise me).
Hookers should be hookers and not be manufactured halves. I still have nightmares when Sheens thought Johnny Morris was the next Cooper Cronk.

My suggestions:
  1. Kurt Falls
  2. Brandon Wakeman
  3. Albert Kelly
  4. Phoenix Crossland
Just a real lack of talent across the league in the halves in my opinion. We are basically banking on Brooks and Doueihi and no one putting any pressure on them and I am struggling to see anyone the club should recruit.

@KingRobbie - is there any halves that you may have seen trailing or are they just young blokes like Zane Camroux who is basically not up to that level.

Having someone like Tristian Reilly in a top 30 contract is such a huge mistake when this contract should be passed to recruit a decent backup half.

I wonder though have you ever met Lee H, spoken to him at length and judged for yourself? That's why I'm always hesitant to critique the guy's personality because I've never actually met him, and public personas are often misleading.

For example, I know TigerSteve (who doesn't post much in here any more) and he had a long interview with Lee H this year. It wasn't recorded for their podcast but he was allowed to take notes and summarise the discussion.

He said Lee was very passionate and knowledgeable about both rugby league and Wests Tigers, and although it's easy to see an arrogant side to his personality / position, and although he didn't agree with all of Lee's takes on the club and their plans, he couldn't doubt those plans were developed from a lot of careful consideration and research.

Which I suppose makes sense as a prominent lawyer.

So - if you have met Lee and spoken to him, it's interesting to hear your take. If you have only observed him from the media, I'd wager you don't really know the guy at all. He was already rich before he became Tigers Chairman and he was already a VERY prominent club sponsor before they offered him that role.

He also sponsors a lot of league sides - surely sponsoring Tigers and the NSW Blues does the job for his advertising and legal referrals? Surely sponsoring NSW Cup sides must include an element of pure rugby league passion and not just dollar signs?

I wonder though have you ever met Lee H, spoken to him at length and judged for yourself? That's why I'm always hesitant to critique the guy's personality because I've never actually met him, and public personas are often misleading.

For example, I know TigerSteve (who doesn't post much in here any more) and he had a long interview with Lee H this year. It wasn't recorded for their podcast but he was allowed to take notes and summarise the discussion.

He said Lee was very passionate and knowledgeable about both rugby league and Wests Tigers, and although it's easy to see an arrogant side to his personality / position, and although he didn't agree with all of Lee's takes on the club and their plans, he couldn't doubt those plans were developed from a lot of careful consideration and research.

Which I suppose makes sense as a prominent lawyer.

So - if you have met Lee and spoken to him, it's interesting to hear your take. If you have only observed him from the media, I'd wager you don't really know the guy at all. He was already rich before he became Tigers Chairman and he was already a VERY prominent club sponsor before they offered him that role.

He also sponsors a lot of league sides - surely sponsoring Tigers and the NSW Blues does the job for his advertising and legal referrals? Surely sponsoring NSW Cup sides must include an element of pure rugby league passion and not just dollar signs?
A carefully considered post, nice.
I too get a bit like @tigermate and think the same, it’s born for loosing. But you make valid point and i am sure I read that post from tigerSteve on the other forum a while back and he did have some good things to say about Lee. Thanks for the reminder and I will also try to refrain from calling him narcissistic knobhead every time I see him or his name.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Moses Manager say this will be sorted before Xmas?
If thats the case only 3 Business days to go before we know the answer.

IMO I think it needs to be wrapped up prior to the Xmas break so when all the players return after the break they know whats happening and can just focus on footy.

I think Souths are announcing the extensions of Walkers and LM tomorrow so I would assume the salary cap might be sorted finally as well.
Either way, it could already be sorted but not announced. Also what better opportunity to get bad news out there than immediately before the xmas shutdown.

Reactions: 851
Madge brought about his own downfall, not sure he developed any juniors. His signings were hit and miss. I am not sure what happened in the background but i think the majority of us can see the club is in a better place. At least Sheens does not let players or player manager try and hold the club to ransom. Leaks have stopped and the COE looks amazing. On moses i am losing hope, the more i think about it why would he leave a club that just played in a GF and is set up for success for the next few years, i hope he comes but time to look at back up options

He may have it but Marshall and Sheens released him to the Knights to get Klemmer. It seems Hastings' footy iq was readily replaceable. The promotion of Matamua to the top 30 and the arrival of young Faagutu may be indicative of their views on the 13 moving forward.
I think it just came down to what coaches thought we needed more. Control of what was happening around the ruck or a forward leader with agro. Sheens style of attack is less controlled also so I can see he wasn’t valued as highly. On the other hand he was exactly the type of player Madge needed

Members online

No members online now.
Back