Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Interesting comment from Sheens. Blore on an edge and Talau at centre?
“Sheens said he always liked players capable of playing more than one position, and viewed Blore as someone capable of handling the edge and middle, while Talau, who has spent most of the summer at right centre, was another edge option.”

versatility is good. Particularly If they are on the bench rotation. all spots (except for Api & Klemmer ) would still be up in the air until after trials.

Go to junior reps 2023 thread 2nd last page has a thing on our juniors and he’s in it looks solid. I reckon he can use the heavy roller.
Don’t know if I linked it properly? So here is the pic.
View attachment 3879
This photo is deceiving.

Laurie posted a photo of them next to eachother and for once, Laurie looked the bigger man.

Thanks mate, then if that is the case we need to worry because that is not good to hear at all.

Reilly is one of the most ill informed recruitments i have ever seen. How can a kid that played outside back in both league and union, now train as a half in the NRL. That will do me.

This is where Sheens recruitment scares me. Under the covers we are skinn and bone and no muscle. You have 2 halves (and i use AD loosely as a 5/8 as i dont rate him as a 5/8) yet have no back ups. Is he hoping that Benji pulls the boots on again???

You could go get Mason Lino (Wakefield) or Jai Field (Wigan) and pay them more than what they get in Super League to act as your backup for a year.
It scares me how ordinary the production of halves is across the league to be honest.
I am not worried about our depth on depth.

The problem is our two "halves" are Brooks and AD. We need to solve that problem by bringing someone in. Filling up on Fringe grade halves who are only good for the occasional reserve appearance is wrong.

Forwards, different situation. The more aggressive our pre-games and training is the better our first grade.

Depth means your next halves talent will look at us and not get a start at First grade. Keep the "reserve" space open and look for a person who is blocked in another club that would upgrade Broooks/AD.

Go to junior reps 2023 thread 2nd last page has a thing on our juniors and he’s in it looks solid. I reckon he can use the heavy roller.
Don’t know if I linked it properly? So here is the pic.
View attachment 3879
Thanks Buttface. That's a really excellent summary of what looks to be a very deep and talented junior ranks. Feledy looks like a tank and more like a second rower than a centre!

Still the best recruitment for years. Sad as that is. Ramien would stay at the Sharks. Hard to get players from the top teams.
I think you're right Sean T. The Sharks are a strong club with a popular coach. Can't see him leaving either unless we pay him megabucks........

I am not worried about our depth on depth.

The problem is our two "halves" are Brooks and AD. We need to solve that problem by bringing someone in. Filling up on Fringe grade halves who are only good for the occasional reserve appearance is wrong.

Forwards, different situation. The more aggressive our pre-games and training is the better our first grade.

Depth means your next halves talent will look at us and not get a start at First grade. Keep the "reserve" space open and look for a person who is blocked in another club that would upgrade Broooks/AD.
That is the problem. There is no one putting pressure on our halves which means one of 2 things - either inadequate hales in the backup or no potential halves to pressure....Will Smith is not a halves solution and that is the problem when i look at our recruitment . Not to say we are the only ones either. Across the board apart from Dragon's, Roosters, South's, Canberra and Bronco's there seems to be a lack depth of backup halves.
I will always stand corrected but this is a massive weakness in our depth both in NRL and NSWRL.

Regarding Ramien and Bulldog Ritchie's article, we are closer to signing him that Ritchie is making out we are. His Management came to the Tigers he does have some interest, my contact at the Sharks was pretty confident last week he won't be with them in 2024.
I guess however does not mean a cashed up dolphins won't make a play for him either

5’11”, 95 kg.

Looks to have bulked up over pre-season since these highlight videos.

Hope people aren't thinking the next Eric Grothe Snr ...just don't throw too many expectations on the bloke just yet

Back