Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The predictable personal attack on me.
Becsuse at least 99% of the stuff you say is just rubbish. You’re either praising Sheens (who the fans do have a right to question his methods and style of coaching since he’s only got less then 50% win rate) or just praising the kids who haven’t proved themselves yet. Matamua has potential, but he hasn’t replaced anyone in the team. Kid played 2 games in first grade last season and showed he wasn’t ready.

If my maths is correct, we have spent ~$6M on our top 10 players for 2023 (based on reported figures). That leaves a further $6.1M on the other 20 squad players, an average of ~$300k per player.

If say 10 of them are on minimum salary of $120k then that leaves ~$1.8M left in our salary cap. More than enough to fit in MM for 2023.

Of course, the salary cap is never as cut and dry as that with some contracts weighted differently each year but since back-ended contracts are no longer approved by the NRL it's a fair supposition.

Now, if MM is not released early and we have to wait till 2024, AND RTS gets word that he won't be in the All Blacks side for this year's world cup, THEN we could fit him in for 2023 with a frontloaded contract.

It's fun to speculate but not out of the realms of possibility...

Oh - I know exactly who he is.....
That wasn't my question though was it?

Not that you answer any questions - Ever.
Your riddles are getting old...
What’s getting old is many posters continuous dick measuring pursuits on here. Everyone’s got opinions and that doesn’t seem to sit well with many here. I don’t get it, surely we can just agree to disagree and move on.

Please
IP made it pretty clear he had signed to be coached by Madge
Tbh, I think he was trying to find a reason to renag on his contract.
He would have cooked up some other reason if Madge was still around. Like he doesn’t wanna play for the wooden spooners.

What’s getting old is many posters continuous dick measuring pursuits on here. Everyone’s got opinions and that doesn’t seem to sit well with many here. I don’t get it, surely we can just agree to disagree and move on.

Probably still using a Nokia 3310 in hand to make themselves feel better and/or bigger.

Madge wasn't a massive failure.
However he did not bring the bacon. I am glad Madge came to our club and I wish him well.

Yet by 2022, it was ground hog day. Same tactics, same playbook, same loss.

BJ, Peachy all failed. I will still defend James Roberts. He has a stack of faults but he tried, sadly he did loose his speed. Would be glad to buy that guy a beer.

The under 500k signing from Madge were pretty good. Stefano, Twal, Joe O.

Then come 2022 it goes crazy with Oliver Gildart, clearly we were muscling up in the middle then decide to import a british lightweight.. NOPE.

Either way agreed with Tiger tragic. We have better signings now and we know Klemmer will work well with Sheens.
To be fair on Madge, Gildart had played for his country. You don’t get selected unless you are good. Madge didn’t anticipate him to be a failure in NRL.
I would sign him any day assuming the same, represented his country, has to be special talent.

I know it's just a forum but people in today's age in general can not listen to someone else's opinion its very bad that people can not debate anymore or have a different opinion and they get offended so easy I tried talking to someone in the last few weeks about something important and they could not even listen to the other side of the story and I was not even the one talking about the other side of the story

Tbh, I think he was trying to find a reason to renag on his contract.
He would have cooked up some other reason if Madge was still around. Like he doesn’t wanna play for the wooden spooners.
I could be wrong but my understanding is he said it when first signed on before Madge was sacked

Anyway, I wanted to check back in to confirm that we are in the midst of the best recruitment drive in the history of WTs and because of this plus the involvement of Marshall, Farah and Furner, there is a lot to be pleased about
Speaking of Furner, watched his video the other day and he comes across as really calm. I think that will do wonders for us. He will leave the emotions out of his delivery

I would sign him any day assuming the same, represented his country, has to be special talent.
I put Gildart down to two things Tigers being desperate and rolling the dice and Madge being desperate and rolling the dice it's over now and it was worth the risk and I think his second year at the dolphins will be superior then his time at the Tiger's second off season and.now knowing what he needs to do to be a NRL centre will do wonders for him and I think he mite play wing under Bennett until he gets the hang of things

A lack of depth in the Halves is a huge concern.
Maybe will smith will take up that last spot ? Even NSW cup has no true half.
Brooks goes down we’re cooked .
A Wakeham,Falls or Frawley type signing is almost necessary for next season
Not worried about Depth, Sheens has a good eye for talent. He will blood someone else in that position.
Not losing any sleep over it personally

To be fair on Madge, Gildart had played for his country. You don’t get selected unless you are good. Madge didn’t anticipate him to be a failure in NRL.
If he shows some talent, with the fins then so be it ,never showed anything with us but can he a star ????

Latest posts

Members online

Back