Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Large played for Campbelltown City.

My younger family played against him (and his younger brother) for years, and he was always spoken about, so I’ve seen a heap of his games.

And yeah, there’s nothing stopping Faagutu playing first grade after Round 10.

He’s 18 now, turns 19 this year.
Faagutu have you seen much of him ? I saw some of his school boys highlights and QLD cup highlights he looks the goods

And it's round 10 not 13 ? I think he will play first grade this year and the Tiger's mite have to release Twal or Joffa at the end of year to keep the younger talent

Looks like Lee is trying to make the situation worse over there… maybe to make a play for cobbo?
Mate what did I say about Lee the other day any chance he gets going off like a $2 hooker

Faagutu have you seen much of him ? I saw some of his school boys highlights and QLD cup highlights he looks the goods

And it's round 10 not 13 ? I think he will play first grade this year and the Tiger's mite have to release Twal or Joffa at the end of year to keep the younger talent
I haven't seen him play in person but his highlights look great.

Yep, after Round 10, he's definitely a big chance of playing first grade after that.

Nah mate, he was actually a state-level sprinter for his age-group too.

You might be being deceived because he looks like he doesn’t always play at full pace sometimes when he’s organising.
Is that state level over 50/70m or for further? Fast 100/200m times doesn't necessarily mean they're fast in footy terms. Doeuihi is quick over 100m but he takes a while to hit top speed so he appears slow.

Ok maybe you can contribute financially to the club like he does and replace him?
Why can't he financially contribute from the sidelines via sponsorship. He doesn't need to be directly involved with the club.

Do you here Politis going on about recruitment or anything? I just want the top heirachy to be professional and keep their cards close to their chest.

With him it sounds like he just enjoys talking more than anything else.

Why can't he financially contribute from the sidelines via sponsorship. He doesn't need to be directly involved with the club.

Do you here Politis going on about recruitment or anything? I just want the top heirachy to be professional and keep their cards close to their chest.

With him it sounds like he just enjoys talking more than anything else.
We don't have the luxury of a politis.Peasant clubs get what they can.

Reactions: 851
Large played for Campbelltown City.

My younger family played against him (and his younger brother) for years, and he was always spoken about, so I’ve seen a heap of his games.

And yeah, there’s nothing stopping Faagutu playing first grade after Round 10.

He’s 18 now, turns 19 this year.
is Faagutu in the Top 30, or on a dev contract?

is Faagutu in the Top 30, or on a dev contract?
Neither, just on a lower-grade SG Ball contract for now.

Not sure if he gets payed extra for having a few training sessions with first grade over pre-season.

I can definitely see him making his debut late in 2023 though (non-Top 30 players can play without needing an exemption after Round 10).

The culling has been just as important
Some people, yes.

Clearly there was a plan to cull the forward pack as they were not performing.
Yet I wonder if James Tamou could have been offered a cheaper contract to play on. I could see him working very well with Klemmer, Bateman and I Paps.

Meh. What do I know, we would have paid overs for him and he needed a change. We did massively well in recruitment, not exactly a wishlist but close too.

Is this Onitoni Large in the Tigers junior ranks or what .. ?? if he is only 15 in that clip the kid is huge for a 5/8 .. !! The next Joseph Suaalii .. any other info on him .. ??

Is this Onitoni Large in the Tigers junior ranks or what .. ?? if he is only 15 in that clip the kid is huge for a 5/8 .. !! The next Joseph Suaalii .. any other info on him .. ??
Yep, will make his Harold Matt’s debut for Western Suburbs in 2023; Campbelltown City junior.

Name pronounced Ontony (like Antony, but with an O).

Roosters took him off us and we managed to get him back a couple years ago.

Best junior footballer I’ve ever seen by a long way.

He has a younger brother Ashton, who’s a hooker; also very highly regarded in schoolboy rugby league circles.

Yep, will make his Harold Matt’s debut for Western Suburbs in 2023; Campbelltown City junior.

Name pronounced Ontony (like Antony, but with an O).

Roosters took him off us and we managed to get him back a couple years ago.

Best junior footballer I’ve ever seen by a long way.

He has a younger brother Ashton, who’s a hooker; also very highly regarded in schoolboy rugby league circles.
Campbelltown city kangaroos boy represent hahahaha, roos are a strong club, good to see some young fella coming from that way with the likes of the large brothers and also matamua

Looks like Lee is trying to make the situation worse over there… maybe to make a play for cobbo?
Free legal advice to a competitor?
Or a friendly reminder that it will not happen at WT?

Latest posts

Members online

Back