Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How about this for an idea because I think the point system is to hard you have the 17 nrl coaches 17 media and 17 former players submit a market value for each player ever year at the beginning of season and at the end to assess his value and divide it by all submissions to get market value it would take two/three days to do and in a contract year his value is current year plus previous year

His market value sits in the cap but you can TAP the Sh!T out of it if you want but no more Tedesco on 800k cap value

Hi Cobs sorry just saw your post. Can you transfer these posts please ? Thank you
It's ok mate, thanks. We dont move posts now because its confusing. We are only giving friendly reminders now if they go on for pages and/or someone complains. We all go off topic, I need reminding too 👍

Once again , if the Tigs sign Rts , they have to withdraw their offer immediately. Tedescos market value now becomes the next highest bidder( Say Parra at 1m) . His market value has now dropped from 1.2 M cause the Tigs withdrew the offer. His new value is 1M. No rorting there, transparent values .
What about the desires of the player? Should they not be able to say where they want to play? Also, money is not the only factor to be considered when signing a contract, particularly these young guys with a young family. Respectfully, your proposed model is flawed.

Not sure if my post makes sense
can't be bothered editing at the
moment but @watersider made a
good one earlier on and why it was
Introduced initially (to fend off
other codes in an already preety
much saturated market) and why the system is effectively still in place . A lot
of under the table stuff going on,
would be naïve to think otherwise
Kaito, I love how you buck the trend and post in portrait.

Greg if what your suggesting was true i would be with you. However we all know Tedesco isnt selling himself at a discount . As it stands now, The Rorters determine a false market value cause we all know the Rorteres are paying more than "800k " for Tesdesco. Tedesco is NOT selling at below market value as you say . Thats the point. He is taking the 800k & ther rest off the books. His true market value is probably 1.4m. This system would make all that transparent.
I understand that, but whilst ever the rest is off the books then for all intents and purposes Tedesco is selling below market value and any obstruction from allowing him to do so is a restraint.
Essentially you need to offer the RLPA a reason for them to agree to something that is a restraint.
Your point 2 (in another post) of cap concessions for long serving or developed players may be a start.

No Moses with the players leaders?

IMHO, he's developing into one of the best centres in the game, and probably a reasonable price.
Those Sharks centres had hype earlier last year and got found out pretty quick against better oppositions.

Manu is the #1 centre in the game and I'd have a few ahead of Ramien.

He's capable though, I'm not a fan.

Those Sharks centres had hype earlier last year and got found out pretty quick against better oppositions.

Manu is in a league of his own .
Olam is floating somewhere near 2nd place.Penisini looks to have huge potential.
Staggs has all the tools ,keeps getting injured.

I wouldn't have him in my top 3, but he'd be close. I'd rather him than Graham, Crichton, Talakai or Lomax. Manu is a class above, but I suspect he's only moving to play fullback.

I guess I'd have him behind Val, Farnworth, Olam and in-form Staggs.

I wouldn't have him in my top 3, but he'd be close. I'd rather him than Graham, Crichton, Talakai or Lomax. Manu is a class above, but I suspect he's only moving to play fullback.

I guess I'd have him behind Val, Farnworth, Olam and in-form Staggs.
graham being the best value for money imo after manu

What about the desires of the player? Should they not be able to say where they want to play? Also, money is not the only factor to be considered when signing a contract, particularly these young guys with a young family. Respectfully, your proposed model is flawed.
With all due respect Rusty , I disagree. If you would like to add anything to the discussion we have moved to the Salary cap thread. :)

IMHO, he's developing into one of the best centres in the game, and probably a reasonable price.

Fair enough but personally I don't see it with Ramien. He is one dimensional IMO. Runs hard, tackles hard, that's it. Can't pass, has no finesse and gives silly penalties away. Doesn't seem like a Sheens type with his lack of skill.

Members online

Back