Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I thought the same thing - outside Olam real weapon.
Olam was useless when he first came in to grade he could just run fast and he has worked so hard on himself along with the storm if Nofo could work that hard he would be a great player

Reactions: 851
Them and Newcastle seem to be the same. The playing group has this ego created by a one team town. They seem to think they can cash cheques they havnt earned.

Canberra,Nth Qld and the Storm don't seem to have this problem.

On a side note how good is that we offloaded Luciano to the cows who paid 700k for him haha. That Luki is better than Luciano already let alone when he gets older.
How long is the contract Toddy just had to wait instead of panicking he had a bad first year and under pressure to get results made a bad decision

Olam was useless when he first came in to grade he could just run fast and he has worked so hard on himself along with the storm if Nofo could work that hard he would be a great player
The PNG players have never been exposed to the training or coaching standards in the NRL systems. This means they may take longer to adjust but when they do, you have a very good player eg Marcus Bai. Many play in PNG barefoot and with malaria. The tougher it gets, the more they like it just like Olam.

"Newcastle’s English winger Dominic Young is in talks with the Canterbury Bulldogs as Phil Gould continues his multimillion-dollar buying spree.

News Corp can reveal the 21-year-old winger toured the Bulldogs’ Belmore headquarters on Friday afternoon with Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo". 🤢

"Newcastle’s English winger Dominic Young is in talks with the Canterbury Bulldogs as Phil Gould continues his multimillion-dollar buying spree.

News Corp can reveal the 21-year-old winger toured the Bulldogs’ Belmore headquarters on Friday afternoon with Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo". 🤢
How? This is getting ridiculous

It’s been a few days since I checked this and about 100 pages so I’m gunna take a guess the topics spoken about
1) Wakeham and why we didn’t leave the spot open for Mitch Moses
2) some 15 year old who’s gunna step up into first grade
3) some player talk from the 80s
4) brooks slander
Actually, I haven't seen much on here re Wakeham.

Likewise a little from the 80's, mainly Benny Elias. Trying to remember if Terry Lamb punched him unprovoked or did we stir him.

A little but not much re lower grades.

Yes, a stack RE Brooks.

The PNG players have never been exposed to the training or coaching standards in the NRL systems. This means they may take longer to adjust but when they do, you have a very good player eg Marcus Bai. Many play in PNG barefoot and with malaria. The tougher it gets, the more they like it just like Olam.
It's insane there.

So on the coast you have people training almost daily, but no idea what they are doing. As a friend said "I have no idea what muscle they are trying to stretch in that exercise" (i.e. they were copying stuff off TV wrong.). People divorce and KILL over State of Origin.

The highlands though, OMG. If you get the recruitment right there you will find some guys who make Martin Taupau look weak.

It's insane there.

So on the coast you have people training almost daily, but no idea what they are doing. As a friend said "I have no idea what muscle they are trying to stretch in that exercise" (i.e. they were copying stuff off TV wrong.). People divorce and KILL over State of Origin.

The highlands though, OMG. If you get the recruitment right there you will find some guys who make Martin Taupau look weak.
The first club to get it right with recruitment in PNG will strike a gold mine of talent. The PNG ladies are just as tough. They steamed past us on a steep grade on the track balancing huge baskets on their heads filled with coconuts and with huge smiles on their faces. Beautiful people.

Mate is it possible that you could post there top 30 squad for 2023 I would love to see it
1. Andrew Davey
2. Bailey Biondi-Odo
3. Braidon Burns
4. Brandon Clarke
5. Chris Patolo
6. Corey Waddell
7. Declan Casey
8. Fa'amanu Brown
9. Franklin Pele
10. Hayze Perham
11. Jackson Topine
12. Jacob Kiraz