Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Exactly. These guys need to step up and they haven't been able to do that their entire careers.
Has to be 23, the pack is good enough, the hooker literally the best in the game, the back five are good enough to at least get you to 8th IF the halves perform.

You look at a bloke like Bob Jennings, scored a million tried in a firing team, came here and looked like his feet were concreted to the ground. A good spine, playing off a good pack wins more than they lose even with duds out wide, and we have a couple who are "ok" and some who can be goodish.

if we miss hopefully theres a Pom post or media release (we thought we had him) so we know to move on.

No way in hell should we put out a media release saying we missed a signing that’s amateur hour at its finest. You will know we missed him when Parra make their statement, there’s absolutely no need to make ourselves look like idiots again.

AD right now is a myth.

Hasn’t performed as a 5/8 or FB or center… consistently … at a level that warrants him to be considered as anything more than a first grade player with potential.

Right now he’s no where near as good as Jack Wighton as a running 5/8.

He doesn’t have a crisp, consistent passing game… which is why he’s considered a running 5/8.

Yes, some long looping passes have resulted in tries, but a lot have gone out of bounds, behind players or forward.

His defense at 5/8 was terrible and if things don’t go his way he goes missing in games.

He was too slow and out of position as a FB, and was suspect under the high ball.

The only spot he would get in a top 8 team is either 14, or as a “top up” center on approx $450k.

Anything more than that is paying for potential which in all his games he’s shown maybe 25% of the game time he’s played overall… and that’s generous.

Everyone frothing on him on this forum are basing it on a low base bc at times he’s been made to look like a superstar in our wooden spoon team.

And he has a massive ego.

Personally I never thought we should’ve signed him… it was a typical tigers signing… sign someone for 4 years (when the next best contract was from the roosters for 2 years), pay them overs, and buy them for a a position that they haven’t had experience or excelled in…. He’s a taller, faster, stronger but less consistent Moses Mbye 2.0

Anyone saying different is basing it on potential and hope not what he’s done in games.
I could leave him as a center on $450-$500k, otherwise I hope he goes so we can find a proper 5/8 so we can stop “hoping” and discussing his “potential”.
Whilst I agree with pretty much all you've said I'm also not yet ready to write-off his potential. Been stuck behind a shit pack the whole time he's been here. So I can excuse him only showing glimpses in attack. Can't really excuse his defensive non/efforts.

Sorry mate but that’s just rubbish. You have no clue what he’s doing and neither do I but there is no evidence the meeting is going ahead, is off or was ever on in the first place.
deep breaths in and out buddy

yep nobody knows what hes doing

i was just speculating that all of the signs in the last 24-48 hrs have pointed in one direction

just not getting my hopes up, every time the club speaks or players from our club mention someone coming across things go south very quickly 🤣

No way in hell should we put out a media release saying we missed a signing that’s amateur hour at its finest. You will know we missed him when Parra make their statement, there’s absolutely no need to make ourselves look like idiots again.
agreed, its been a fun ride though, definately made this offseason interesting

Reality is we might only be ale to squeeze out 1 possibly 2 regular first graders out of that lot. The step up from being a talented junior to 1st grade is huge

Unless you’re in the Penrith system … by the time Cleary is ready to retire I’m sure they’ll have a ready made replacement who is just as good

Most supporters at all clubs tend to overvalue their juniors and we are exactly the same.It is sad but true that most will not be consistent first grade players and it is very hard to find and keep the right ones because some players develop late and some peak early but do not improve.
But as always i hope we get it right this time

If Moses is actually coming- I get the feeling Doueihi will be asked to resume his fullback duties. Both Staines & Laurie are on 1 year deals. That FB spot is up for grabs next season, and Doueihi can play that role easily.
you watched him play fullback didn't you, hopeless. Cannot tackle. Suspended for a shoulder charge.

Thought you may have been referring to Enfield when you mentioned shunting.

I was next dootr at Delec as a Driver 1977-1990 then Petersham as a Training Officer in the Driver Training section 1991-94.
National Rail / Pacific National 1994- 2013 with a Final stint over in the Pilbara with FMG on the Iron Ore 2013-2021.
I was in Countrylink and was in the Marketing Department. I was responsible for producing the artwork for the XPT & Xplorer trains tourism posters & brochures. I was responsible for having the Tiger placed on top of the XPT as the Figurehead for the Western Plains Zoo promotion. The original artist wanted an Elephant but I insisted it had to be a Tiger. I'll dig up the picture and post it tomorrow.

Well he is certainly in like company then.
Stef, Blore, Laurie, yet to establish themselves after different levels of hype. Will be interesting to see who steps up if any do at all. Then it will be the age old arguement player or coach...

They all need to step up, and because of the improved "like company" in this year's roster, it is the perfect environment to show whether they have the abilities to rise with them.

Same goes for old and new across the squad, including both of our expected halves, for which I would not be surprised to have news on contract extensions for them as the season approaches.

Reactions: 851

Members online

Back