Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We never win these long drawn out contract negotiations and today will be the same outcome as the ones in the past. Although I think with this one we actually got close.

Always a let down but we should be pretty happy with our offseason recruitment and the progress our pathway system is showing.

If nothing else Moses’s negotiations have been a great fill for the offseason and kept the forum buzzing.

deep breaths in and out buddy

yep nobody knows what hes doing

i was just speculating that all of the signs in the last 24-48 hrs have pointed in one direction

just not getting my hopes up, every time the club speaks or players from our club mention someone coming across things go south very quickly 🤣
My breathing is OK mate. Agree with everything you’ve just said. The last paragraph is particularly true.

The day has come, why meet just to turn down the offer, a phone call would suffice. Maybe he really wants to play with brooksy again and being his last contract $$$. Bring MM home!!
I thought Moses was an Eels junior before he came to WT? But he definitely had more fun at WT, and played some good footy alongside Brooks and Tedesco.

I think the grubber for repeat sets has dropped off since the 7 tackle sets were introduced. The cross field bomb or simply playing out the set in good position seems to be favoured by teams as more options with less risk.
somehow I think (hope) that's not in our game plan this year

Players do carry some responsibility. So does the former coach who many of you were all over. Brooks stated it during his interview the other day. We've a new coaching team, a style which better matches the skillsets of the players in the squad, a few tough experienced forwards which provides the framework for younger players to be introduced into the team. I'm looking forward to the new year.
If the style better matches the existing skill sets then why the daily 200 passes? Muscle reflex? Why is Laurie or Staines not FB material? Why is JO not a 13?
Nope, the style is not negotiable. If the skill sets don’t already exist you pick them up or move on. It’s a tougher approach than Madge had.

If the style better matches the existing skill sets then why the daily 200 passes? Muscle reflex? Why is Laurie or Staines not FB material? Why is JO not a 13?
Nope, the style is not negotiable. If the skill sets don’t already exist you pick them up or move on. It’s a tougher approach than Madge had.
1. Practice. Why did Puskas place the ball on the goal line, put his foot under the ball and repeatedly bounce it off the underside of the goal posts? First touch and ball control. Even the best require practice.

2. Sheens has commented that Laurie and Staines practice at 5/8 and wing respectively as well as fullback. I always believed an NRL player should be able to play at least two positions.

3. Ofahengaue is a prop and always has been. Just because Maguire played him at 13 does not mean he possesses the skillset to play that position. This is especially true if you are looking for you No 13 to play the link role. Marshall has commented on this already.

If there is a meeting today, good or bad, I just don’t think we hear anything on here today 🤷‍♂️

Members online

No members online now.
Back