Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You can ask but theres no guarantees
just like when players sign up to play
under a certain coach. Can't dictate
who you want to be there, its absurd
some players have get out clauses for change of coaches.
No player can demand who is in the 17 they can ask who they might be playing with in a squad for a particular year.

Reactions: 851
Let’s be honest.
You have zero idea if that’s true unless you are in on the negotiations.
Can you also tell me the last time a player demanded another player being given a 3 year contract before they signed up themselves?
let's see, if we do get Moses which I think we will, how soon after Brooks re-signs

Isaac Moses getting his claws into the club. Before you know it he’s got enough players in your club that he controls you. Very dangerous. If we get M Moses and Brooks is re-signed we should avoid any more Isaac Moses managed players so he can’t pull the rug out from underneath us.
Too late - we already have a few.

Yeh agree mostly. I havnt written any of them off - especially Laurie - and barring injury they all need to demonstrate that they can meet the demands of FG footy at a competive level.
But I firmly believe the lack of leadership on the field has stunted the development of most of our young blokes. I am putting a lot of faith in Api K and Klemmer to address some of that this season and drive some pride/ resilience in their performances.
Didn’t Laurie break his leg?, id imagine mentally it’s not a quick recovery once you’re back on the field hopefully he has a great year in 23 because I really rated him in his debut season

let's see, if we do get Moses which I think we will, how soon after Brooks re-signs
Plenty on here hope never lol
One thing for sure though.... I very much doubt he would get the money he wants here.
He came out in an interview recently and said he would be 'greedy' for his next contract.

Eels have offered him an extra year on their original offer which has been enough for him to stay at the Eels

Total: 234 (members: 77, guests: 157)

People online here right now.
Something must be in the air, like it's just another Thursday morning. ;)
Total: 234 (members: 77, guests: 157)

People online here right now.
Something must be in the air, like it's just another Thursday morning. ;)
Guests= P Rothfield , J Hooper +100 Parramatta desperates.

Folks in all honesty .. if we .. and I'll say that's a big IF we get MM .. do we play him at 7 or 6 .. ??

Personally .. I'd play Brooks at 7 .. why because he aint a running .. playmaking 5/8 .. and I'd play MM at 6 .. he's a better player running with the ball in hand .. at 5/8 you have more time to run with the ball .. and he's better at setting up other players running onto the ball around him than Brooks .. I think he reads the play better than Brooks as well.

Your thoughts .. ??

Folks in all honesty .. if we .. and I'll say that's a big IF we get MM .. do we play him at 7 or 6 .. ??

Personally .. I'd play Brooks at 7 .. why because he aint a running .. playmaking 5/8 .. and I'd play MM at 6 .. he's a better player running with the ball in hand .. at 5/8 you have more time to run with the ball .. and he's better at setting up other players running onto the ball around him than Brooks .. I think he reads the play better than Brooks as well.

Your thoughts .. ??
6 - Luke Brooks
7 - Mitchell Moses

No hesitation that's the way you go if we get it done

Your thoughts .. ??
Team Moses up with Papaili, they already have a partnership.

Your thoughts .. ??
MM plays well in the 7 at Parra and Brooks has played better in the 6 at the WT's.

Back