Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Api, Bateman, Stef, Joe & Papa came because we offered the most at the time. Heck even AD got a massive offer from us. Guess you won’t like them either……
Not exactly:
Api, came because he objected to Covid-19 for various reasons.
Stef got squeezed out of Parra, yes more coin but squeezed.
Papa/Ice got squeezed out/more coin.
Joe O wanted to escape the nightmare that was Brisbane Broncos under Siebold.

AD, well he was squeezed out as Souths had signed Mitchell.

Ofcourse people come for the Money. Josh Reynolds left the Bulldogs because we offered him 700k and I believe that was 400k above what he was on. I get it, you get it, we all get it. (give me 400k extra and hey I will back whatever team you want*.)

Let me throw a few names at you.
Farah stayed when he was offered big money by the Titans.
Benji stayed till we punted him, yes he could have gotten more then what he was on.
Both men loaned the club 100 and 200k.

Tim Molzden stayed, even though he was offered more money at St George (yes wish he took it).

Half of Penrith took paycuts for ages, Easts (who knows why other then brown paper bags).

Players have to pay the rent, they have their expenses. Money is going to come into it. Yet we want to get to the stage of where people will take unders to stay with us. At the moment were offering Moses 400k Extra for 5 years and he hasn't said yes. If it was money alone he would have signed on the line by now. (parra is not bettering our offer).

*Excluding Easts, Storm, Broncos, Sharks, Dragons, Parramatta, etc. Oh yea cash first.

Reactions: 851
Two things:

There’s no way Moses hasn’t been involved in a meeting with us, he has put a deadline for 3 weeks max - going to assume he doesn’t want to announce it in the lead up of the week to round 1 so it’ll probs be done any day from now til 14 days official. You’d assume with a decision so close on the “biggest of your life” he’d have has a tour of the club done before this timeframe.

Side note, the fact he brought up his past experiences of handling contracts and acknowledging being in the wrong - obvs referring to us is maybe sending a msg to Wests Tigers fans to potentially accept him if he comes??.... just something to consider

Secondly, I understand why some people may not be in favour of him coming due to our previous dealings with him - however, the magnitude of this signing can’t be ignored.

He’s arguably a top 3 halfback in the comp right now and is exactly what this clubs needs in order from people looking at us as a potential 10-12 team on our day - if Moses comes alongside Api (arguably the best hooker in the game) and Papalili (arguably best second rower in the game) - then you add the mongrel and experience of David Klemmer and John Bateman to lead the way for all our current crops and exciting future of Pole, Stefano, Faguata, Blore, Joffa, Jordan Miller etc. To our current crop now with AD, Laurie and Brooks.

We may be looked at under the right coaching as a potential competition threat, the whole way the tigers are viewed changes significantly if Moses come - recruitment wise with a fresh new talented team with plenty of players who can attract talent, our new faculties and the idea of potentially being coached by Benji could make us a massive draw
This is an excellent summation of the Tigers current buoyant position as a result of the recent changes in player and coaching personnel. I also agree that the Tigers club, especially with Moses's signature (love him or hate him) and the swathe of young talent coming through, will most likely become a far more attractive destination club.

Not exactly:
Api, came because he objected to Covid-19 for various reasons.
Stef got squeezed out of Parra, yes more coin but squeezed.
Papa/Ice got squeezed out/more coin.
Joe O wanted to escape the nightmare that was Brisbane Broncos under Siebold.

AD, well he was squeezed out as Souths had signed Mitchell.

Ofcourse people come for the Money. Josh Reynolds left the Bulldogs because we offered him 700k and I believe that was 400k above what he was on. I get it, you get it, we all get it. (give me 400k extra and hey I will back whatever team you want*.)

Let me throw a few names at you.
Farah stayed when he was offered big money by the Titans.
Benji stayed till we punted him, yes he could have gotten more then what he was on.
Both men loaned the club 100 and 200k.

Tim Molzden stayed, even though he was offered more money at St George (yes wish he took it).

Half of Penrith took paycuts for ages, Easts (who knows why other then brown paper bags).

Players have to pay the rent, they have their expenses. Money is going to come into it. Yet we want to get to the stage of where people will take unders to stay with us. At the moment were offering Moses 400k Extra for 5 years and he hasn't said yes. If it was money alone he would have signed on the line by now. (parra is not bettering our offer).

*Excluding Easts, Storm, Broncos, Sharks, Dragons, Parramatta, etc. Oh yea cash first.

Moses isn’t just about cash (of course it will be a factor in someways) otherwise he would’ve signed last year. He has had million $$ offer on the table for over 2mths now. That indicates something else is at play be it the 3rd party deals, other player agreements, club cap arrangements etc.

As to the argument about players taking cuts etc that comes if you get success but even then those clubs still have high profile earning players that are in the $1m club. Let’s be real the cap over the next 5yrs is projected to increase, it just jumped 25% this year alone. There are going to be at least 20 million $$ players within 3yrs signed on club deals. Moses on current form is deserving to be in that class.

Personally I think team Moses is giving the Eels a last chance to get close to our offer. I think when push comes to shove he would prefer to stay put .

Anyway we will all know soon enough
Yeah for sure. But Parra won't budge. Think hel come.

Moses isn’t just about cash (of course it will be a factor in someways) otherwise he would’ve signed last year. He has had million $$ offer on the table for over 2mths now. That indicates something else is at play be it the 3rd party deals, other player agreements, club cap arrangements etc.

As to the argument about players taking cuts etc that comes if you get success but even then those clubs still have high profile earning players that are in the $1m club. Let’s be real the cap over the next 5yrs is projected to increase, it just jumped 25% this year alone. There are going to be at least 20 million $$ players within 3yrs signed on club deals. Moses on current form is deserving to be in that class.
Although the CBA is obviously ongoing, dont expect cap rises across the next 5 years. The NRL said they were locking in the cap value for the next 5 years when they announced the increase. The RLPA have said that they are happy with the cap value but it is other issues they are negotiating for. So in theory, if both parties are happy to sign off on the cap value it wont be going up.

I was dirty on Moses for the way he, teddy and woods played the club and while I can’t say for certain he tanked the game, you could see his heart wasn’t in it.
having said that I think he would certainly make us a better team and will help with further recruitment and that in my books is a win for WT on and off the field.
how will he help further recruitment when we have so much cap tied to him. There will be no space left for further recruitment.

Back