Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Although the CBA is obviously ongoing, dont expect cap rises across the next 5 years. The NRL said they were locking in the cap value for the next 5 years when they announced the increase. The RLPA have said that they are happy with the cap value but it is other issues they are negotiating for. So in theory, if both parties are happy to sign off on the cap value it wont be going up.

Its 100% not what is being factored in at the Storm. They are expecting it to increase by another 2-3m by 2028 at least. As to if it happens who knows but they are very confident.

I think that when the Eels offered Brown the $ and length of contract that they did not view Moses as the main enforcer of the team moving forward. I think Mitch knows this and he will be the immediate star and probably the highest paid NRL player in the game should he sign with the tigers. The Eels have mishandled the halves contracts if they wanted to keep them both.

Reactions: 851
I’d like Moses to come I still think he’s a bit of a twat though. But one thing that was mentioned in the article a few pages back doesn’t sit well with me. That is our offer will make him the highest paid player in the game, I had to let that sink in a bit.
The salary cap has gone up abit. Rather a legit top 3 halfback then a on/off second rower like David Fifita for 1.2 million.

T

The Cap just went up 2.5 mill. There's still plenty
We have a top 30 for 2023. The cap for 2023 is $12.1mil. In order to be cap compliant we must have spent at least 95% of that cap. So with the increase, the most we could have left over is 600K. Say we move on one of Brooks/Doueihi and sign the other at 600K. That gives us 1.7Mil (1.1Mil + 600K). We spend 1.4Mil on Moses there is 300K. Of the remaining off-contract players only Staines and Laurie would be significantly above minimum wage. We can probably move one on and retain the other. Assuming the retained player isnt after an increase there is maybe another 500K to play with.
Leaves us 800K - for recruitment, less anything required to upgrade any of the younger players.

We have a top 30 for 2023. The cap for 2023 is $12.1mil. In order to be cap compliant we must have spent at least 95% of that cap. So with the increase, the most we could have left over is 600K. Say we move on one of Brooks/Doueihi and sign the other at 600K. That gives us 1.7Mil (1.1Mil + 600K). We spend 1.4Mil on Moses there is 300K. Of the remaining off-contract players only Staines and Laurie would be significantly above minimum wage. We can probably move one on and retain the other. Assuming the retained player isnt after an increase there is maybe another 500K to play with.
Leaves us 800K - for recruitment, less anything required to upgrade any of the younger players.
Can you help me with my fantasy coach team? 🙂

I’ve studied body language for 25 years and watched the MM interview on CH9 sports segment tonight….if you look closely when he speaks about Brooks, his face lights up….Brooks has spoken about their joint desire to play together again….it’s this contract now or never..
Big problem is Moses is a winner and Brooks a loser.

I think that when the Eels offered Brown the $ and length of contract that they did not view Moses as the main enforcer of the team moving forward. I think Mitch knows this and he will be the immediate star and probably the highest paid NRL player in the game should he sign with the tigers. The Eels have mishandled the halves contracts if they wanted to keep them both.
Have they mishandled, or just handled?

They have Dylan Brown and Jakob Arthur. Brad Arthur wants his son at Halfback, Eels are looking at Nathan Cleary going "wow we have one half up an coming in Arthur"...

In fact I reckon were reading the whole situation wrong. Moses knows the writing is on the wall, he has been a money whinger and Brad Arthur ain't keeping him over his son. Parra probably regret offloading Mahoney, although this makes sense now as they want an experienced hooker to give a good start to their halves.

Could the Tigers be getting pumped? Was Moses always on the Chopping block at the eels? if not 2023 then 2024 or 25?

Have they mishandled, or just handled?

They have Dylan Brown and Jakob Arthur. Brad Arthur wants his son at Halfback, Eels are looking at Nathan Cleary going "wow we have one half up an coming in Arthur"...

In fact I reckon were reading the whole situation wrong. Moses knows the writing is on the wall, he has been a money whinger and Brad Arthur ain't keeping him over his son. Parra probably regret offloading Mahoney, although this makes sense now as they want an experienced hooker to give a good start to their halves.

Could the Tigers be getting pumped? Was Moses always on the Chopping block at the eels? if not 2023 then 2024 or 25?
Good theory but I don't think so. If Parra weren't keen on Moses they simply wouldn't offer him another deal, especially not in the vicinity of $mil +

Reactions: 851
Back