Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Word around town is that Benji has been MASSIVE during this pursuit and has been in constant contact with Moses to see where his heads at and has been a big draw

Benji was the one who wanted to go for Moses hard not Sheens.....

The combination of Brooks, Benji and Papalili have worked for us so far

Last edited:
Ref Kitione Kautoga .. yes he has had a few injuries over the last 2 season as a junior, but the Tigers have stuck by him and he appears this season to be pretty much injury free. He says he will stay loyal to the club as we stuck by him when he was injured .. but unfortunately he has realised that there are a few back rowers in front him and some more guys coming through the ranks. Kit is only 20 years young .. so plenty of time to make the top grade .. but he has been offered by another club a chance to play NRL .. (to what i believe he has been brainwashed / lied to by another club .. that he will play in the NRL this season .. as once again there are other players who play in the back row in front of him at this club who have made the offer) But hey if you believe the talk from another club and they offer you a 3 year deal to be basically to be a depth player .. good luck to you man. We have plenty of back rowers coming through: Blore, Bateman, Papali'i, Ofahengaue, Mansfield, Tumeth, Saukuru, Matamua and Fa'atgutu so Kit believes he is behind the pecking order.

The thing is, we don't really have many second row prospects at the club, it's probably our weakest position depth wise. Yes there's Papa and Bateman as pros.

There's Blore, with big ?s on his fitness and he may be more of a prop than a wide player.
Tumeth is a small back rower, which stacks the odds against him, but he's a fighter and has potential to be a solid forward but hardly a line breaking back rower. A work horse type.
Joffa is not a second rower and never will be.
Pole would be better as a prop but will be interesting to see how he goes a little wider, his lateral defence needs work.
Saukuru is also a prop, as is Fainu. Two big slow but powerful players.
Webster-Mansfield is a bit of an unknown due to his injuries last year but is a decent back row prospect
Then there's the sg ball brigade in Matamua, Fa'agatu and Lualilii, all of whom are more locks than second rowers. Matamua would be a classic lock while Fa'agatu and Laulilii are more of the Taumololo type running locks.
Galvin is playing halfback at the moment and is a long way off being a second rower to nrl standard,

Talau, who knows if he can transition to the forwards.

Kautoga is easily the best young back rower currently at the club. He's also the only one who you would describe as that dynamic type, breaking the line, ball playing, and putting in passes and kicks at the line etc.

I know Gus has been talking him up for ages but hopefully he waits a few months into the season to see where he stands at the club before making any decisions. He won't start at the Dogs either. they have at least 3-4 senior players ahead of him, probably more.

hopefully benji gets in his ear and can get him to back himself at the Tigers and repay our faith in him

Is Kautoga a chance to get a run with firsts in the second trial. The fact that he made the team list last year you would have to think he is in front of some

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Moses has been spotted in Auckland today. I don't believe it for a second.

Auckland Castle, Galleries and Gardens​

Venture beyond County Durham as you know it, to discover the surprising story of Bishop Auckland. Enrich your mind, body and spirit with a feast of history, nature and art, in the knowledge that your day or stay will make a difference to this once forgotten, historic town.

Auckland Castle, Galleries and Gardens​

Venture beyond County Durham as you know it, to discover the surprising story of Bishop Auckland. Enrich your mind, body and spirit with a feast of history, nature and art, in the knowledge that your day or stay will make a difference to this once forgotten, historic town.
like your style Odessa, dont get mad get even,baffle him with bs n facts

So much potential, Could be one of the most dynamic backrowers we've bred.
Really hope he sticks around - Starting to think these whispers all have merit though ☹
He's a long way from anything atm.... But I don't think we should be losing this kid.
Hope he stays. After losing Henry O’Kane we need more genuine 2nd rowers coming through

Really looking forward to this trial. Not only does it scratch that itch I have had since the world cup finished, but I am looking forward to having a look at some of our young kids, particularly Feledy, Bula and Scolari, and also some of the new recruits like Staines and Reilly.

Really looking forward to this trial. Not only does it scratch that itch I have had since the world cup finished, but I am looking forward to having a look at some of our young kids, particularly Feledy, Bula and Scolari, and also some of the new recruits like Staines and Reilly.
Come on over to the trial live thread mate

I and many others don't want him anywhere near our club so you are far from alone.It is just that the people who want him are far louder than we are and post about it far more often
I would say there's plenty of others who want him at the club as well. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a polarising figure on this forum, but I don't think it's the loud minority wanting him back here. Maybe I'm wrong.

Personally, I'm happy to see through the bullshit he put us through, as long as he does his job and contributes towards getting us to the finals.

Latest posts

Members online

Back